Sign in to follow this  
dlder

Dear Devs, hopefully you'll make a sequel!

Man, I think this game is awesome!

Great graphics and more importantly awesome music and cool, real, punchy sounds (like distant shells exploding with distorting sounds and such). Gameplay is also quite thrilling; a little better AI overall (especially enemy and own Walrusses) would have helped, but hey: nothing's perfect^^.

Ok, the FPS missions are a little weak, but in the grand scheme of an RTS its just like C&C-Renegade (another game I totally like because of the fluent RTS/FPS transition).

But what I guess would be the best approach, other then "just" a sequel, would be to expand on it; like FPS gameplay and it's scale from ArmA3 combined with the RTS elements from CC => the best game ever :-)

thx (I'll go back playing CC^^)

I wouldn't hold your breath. It took them 15 years to make this one, and this one is still in beta.

I wouldn't hold your breath. It took them 15 years to make this one, and this one is still in beta.

They were working on this for 15 years?

Carrier Command is a rare game type. It's similar in many respects to Battlezone where you manage multiple units with a combination of AI and your own input. In fact, my wish would be to see BIS get the rights to develop a new Battlezone title and expand it. Imagine a full sandbox game with a huge world and full detail that plays like a hybrid of RTS and FPS with a dynamic campaign or at minimum a random generator for missions alongside a fully playable storyline that serves as a tutorial.

The idea of having to manage resources by acquiring new sources and then defending them while attacking the enemies similar attempts to do the same is an excellent foundation for game design. It's a shame it's been limited mostly to RTS games like StarCraft and C&C. I'm sure there is much more that could be done with this concept.

It plays quite well these days, thanks to ongoing patches. There's issues of course but it's come a long way since release :)

I think he means the quality of the game is like one that's in beta....I have to agree really, even after 6 patches the game seems pretty 'thrown together' really. If a sequel was to come out, I would find some way to play it for free first (such as round a friend's house, for example :-) or a games expedition of course), before I spend another penny on any BI game. Amateur modders on these forums have fixed more bugs than the developer staff, so it's not surprising that a lot of people are disappointed.

Apparently, no one else is concerned it's 3 months since 1.07 beta release and it still hasn't been made an official patch....

It was a game developed by another team first, Bohemia took over the project. That is common knowledge :) ..hope that helps