Sign in to follow this  
Yashamalu

Giving server the option to allow improved aiming.

Right now the ARMA3 aiming mech totally sucks in my opinion, it simulates "real-life" gun handling by messing up the aiming control, making you unable to quick aim and shoot. So if someone is moving left and right just 10ms in front of you, you will pathetically miss a lot of shots even firing automatically because your aiming cannot catch up with his movement. This combined with multiplayer lag really makes aiming unnecessarily difficult. So basically what happens is that if two men meets within 30ms, they will just keep zig-zagging rather than going crouching and shoot. Seriously I play airsoft and even with airsoft bullet I can hit enemies dashing in front of me easily. At that distance I can throw a rock and hit. Plus in real life you dont aim with a mouse. This mech is utterly stupid and should be removed or at least give server an option to turn it off.

What are you on about this time? I've never had these problems. Change your DPI and the game becomes some unrealistic twitch shooter.

What makes this game "realistic" is the realistic(?) recoil, stamina management, sandbox shooting, realistic(?) damage, bullet drop/speed, etc. Not whether you should be able to drag your gun to the direction you want. I dont know how pro you are, but I've seen a lot of embarrassing moments playing Wasteland that people just cannot hit targets right in front of them.

What makes this game "realistic" is the realistic(?) recoil, stamina management, sandbox shooting, realistic(?) damage, bullet drop/speed, etc. Not whether you should be able to drag your gun to the direction you want. I dont know how pro you are, but I've seen a lot of embarrassing moments playing Wasteland that people just cannot hit targets right in front of them.

So how does this related to your problem of using a low dpi?

If anything we need a setting for proper inertia.

Arma is not centred around wasteland. If you want Arma to be centred around wasteland, and be customized for wasteland, wait for wasteland mods from Arma 2 to come over or make the mod yourself.

Edited by ProGamer

.......I never witnessed this problem.

No problem with hitting things 10meters away.

If anything it is easier to shoot in Arma 3 than in real life.

Probably a mod for that, to reduce recoil.

Server i'm playing on has increased recoil as a mod.

Otherwise, as the handsome Canadian said, tweak your dpi.

My dpi is 360-ish.

Edited by Ratszo

Arma 3 has 1:1 mouse / view, all you have to do to twitchshoot is not run all the time.

So your running in a zig zag pattern hoping to be accurate? This is a Simulation; Soldiers train, practice, and familiarize themselves with the equipment and situations. A few pointers, don't sprint unless moving from cover to cover or taking fire. If you are using the hold right mouse to Zoom down your sight, rebind the hold breath to a different button. Conserve energy to maintain your stamina for when you are really gonna need it.

Also, something that I do that kinda helps is to have smoothing on but on a low value. Having a screen of relatively few pixels it helps to aim accurately. I don't recommend a value higher than 25% though.

People zig-zag because accuracy is too high while moving, exactly because of the complaints people like the OP would make if it was less accurate and more realistic.

As for the OP complaint itself, IMO missing targets in front of you is really either:

- Your mouse defined poorly

- You controlling your mouse poorly

- Your FPS being too low making the game relatively unresponsive.

It has nothing to do with controls, nor lag. In fact, the way ArmA netcode works is that if you see yourself hitting someone, he will be hit, even if on the server you have already been killed.