Sign in to follow this  
rawalanche

Fade protection in Night showcase?

Hi,

I have completed all of the showcase missions and whole first act of campaign without any problem. But i can not complete night showcase no matter how many attempts i try. When ever i open fire, no matter the distance, enemy soldiers die only very hardly. It sometimes takes up to 15 shots into head just to kill one. I do not know if my gun is that accurate, or my bullet damage so low, but i think this is how fade protection worked in past versions. So my question is if there could be a bug causing protection to trigger in this particular mission, because otherwise, i really have no explanation for this behavior.

I use vanilla Arma 3 without any mods. I checked game cache integrity with steam and even deleted all the configs, but the problem still remains. I usually run out of ammo near reaching second objective, and even if i manage to always steal guns and ammo from dead soldiers, i am never lucky enough to survive... And when i finally did survive couple of times, mission ended due to my slow progress.

I really do not think it should take nearly one entire magazine from up close just to kill one soldier. :confused:

it's because helmets cover the entire face, and the opfor are wearing some type of super armor.

The damage model and weapons overall are quite weird now. Devs created some strange body armor system and it's hard as f**k to actually kill someone. I had similar problems in the campaign, they will hopefully balance it into usable state.

I actually had no or only very little problem during campaign and other showcases. Damage worked more or less correctly. But in this particular showcase, it is a lot different... If helmets cover entire face, then i have no idea where are the weak points i should go for. It seems like no matter where i aim, it always takes at very least 10 bullets to hit someone. I have recreated almost same conditions in mission editor, but soldiers just go down as they should... it is only that single particular night mission.

the weak damage may be exacerbated by the fact that you're using a silenced weapon. again, damage values and armor values in this game are fubar

Really? Am I? Because the shots are actually loud enough to alert all soldiers in 500m range and i do not see any silencer at the end of the barrel O_o