Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Russian Naval Infantry

UPDATE 13/08/2014

This is just a quick hotfix that should make the mod compatible for good with ALIVE.

V0.3a - 13/08/2014

-Minor tweaks for ALIVE compatibility

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljg291x84ijrq9y/%40Cha_Rus.rar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah i know PWS is a possibility but not everyone uses it.

Also, i think it would still require me to reupload everything everytime and that doesn't really work for me.

On the long term i'd like to go over vehicle textures again, the plain green ones are acceptable but the camos are kind of ugly and i'm not really happy with them.

Maybe eventually even replace some of the A3 vehicles with more A2 ports, who knows. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Chairborne please add support RDS tanks e Mi-24 Kaelis

Thanks for the update! Previously in testing I could not get the units to spawn with ALiVE profile modules (CQB worked fine)... will report back if I run into any problems. :p

I tested some modules and they appeared to be working fine, infantry groups would spawn regularly on sites in Stratis.

It's also true i am not really an expert with ALIVE so i might be wrong.

If your units are spawning using the ALiVE placement modules (civ or mil) then you are good to go!! These use cfgGroups entries where the CQB module does not.

Yes i was using the military placement module.

Good to know, i hope you'll enjoy them. :D

One for the units is already included, if you want the items as well it's gonna have to wait. :(

Brilliant - looking forward to getting these bad-boys on a map...

SJ

I seem to be getting no sound from any of the weapons....Any tips?

Edited by Deny_001

:confused:

It sure isn't on my end, i've been using my units with many other community made addons and had no problem so far.

Are you using any sound mod?

Is your game updated to the last stable release?

Check you are running no other weapons mod packs - If that cures it then bring them back one by one till you work out which is overwriting the sound config..

SJ

What was the fix Deny - helps other people if they are seeing the same issues

SJ

Great News! Chernarus + ALiVE + Russians = Awesome! Thanks!! :bounce3:

Just a PC restart fixed it for me, not sure about others.

Not sure if it is just me but the combat medics don't seem to be able to heal. The option is there only when there is at least a first aid kit (despite having medikit inside the bag) and while the animation happens, the injured is not healed.

Will be fixed in next release, thanks for your feedback.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I found the chestplate armor values to be off by quite a bit. Currently takes about 4-5 hits (using an HLC AK-74) to down someone.

As far as i remember they use the same values of the standard BIS assets.

I'll check that when i get back to it.

Been messing with this and noticed armor values are off. The CSAT uniforms have a higher armor value, because their vests have almost no armor. NATO has almost no armor in their uniforms but have armor in their vests. Your Russian troops have armor in their uniforms AND armor in their vests, which makes them really tough to kill in many instances.

CSAT

CSAT generally sacrifice solid chest protection for lesser weight and thus higher mobility. For protection they rely mostly on more advanced uniforms, which offer better protection to their extremities, such as more advanced helmets.

• Their harnesses provide the best ratio between weight and capacity in-game.
  • GL variant of harness provides certain degree of protection against explosives, but is quite heavy.
  • Tactical Vest used by few units offers limited capacity and only the most basic bullet protection, but is quite light and in concordance with their advanced uniforms it actually offers reasonably mediocre protection level.

I haven't updated nor looked into this mod for a while to be fair.

Right now i'm focused on other stuff, namely weapons.

I'll probably make an update sometime soon to solve a few bugs then be done with it.

Thank you for your feedback anyway, always appreciated!