Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Russian Naval Infantry

I know it's strange, but it's being worked on, among many other things.

I wanted to release this update now to get some feedback on Zeus compatibility and meanwhile keep working on other related stuff.

;2739368']Chairborne' date=' the units look awesome, but I still think you should make an optional config equipping them with Ak-12s and Ak74GL from HLC AK pack... it is so strange to see russians using iranians rifles =P

cheers![/quote']

+1

I like the Oakley goggles they have strapped on to their helmets. Reckon its possible to have it so that the goggles can come down to the soldiers face from the action menu or a key binding?

Also would you mind making an additional optional config to place this faction under Independent?

Ace! And it would be more ace with Russian radio!

+1

I like the Oakley goggles they have strapped on to their helmets. Reckon its possible to have it so that the goggles can come down to the soldiers face from the action menu or a key binding?

Also would you mind making an additional optional config to place this faction under Independent?

The goggles thing sounds a bit complex, if i ever come around to give it a look it won't be anytime soon.

As for indep. config, it's definitely doable but that won't be anytime soon as well.

Ace! And it would be more ace with Russian radio!

What do you mean exactly?

I see, i'll look into it, thanks for your feedback.

Russian voices :)

yeah thats a good suggestion actually.

Kae_sz mod has Russian voices and so does Sud's Russians and EVW mod. Could get a hold of them for the voices. :)

A preview of the next release:

-YES AKs will finally be available!

-New KSOR desert/mountain camo will be available as well!

ZPPsEI.png

GKu1Vo.png

LELXju.png

Good stuff!

I swear that camo looks very similar to MARPAT if not the exact same. Pic's are small so cant really see properly.

I had to resize them or the forums wouldn't let me post them.

Anyway it is similar to marpat:

big201003021241561.jpg

I had to resize them or the forums wouldn't let me post them.

Anyway it is similar to marpat:

http://www.frontkit.spb.ru/img_gallery/big201003021241561.jpg

Imagine having Marines with Desert MARPAT fight these guys - dont think you'd be able to recognise who's friend or foe! :D

Are you also going to reskin the helmet and vests in this camo and a cap like in the above pic? I do like the woodland combo too tho dont get me wrong.

Imagine having Marines with Desert MARPAT fight these guys - dont think you'd be able to recognise who's friend or foe! :D

It's the main problem of camo uniforms, that most of them look alike in the same regions ( as its logical ).

For instance a lot of countries use the same woodland. In that cases happens like in Eastern Ukraine, people wear armbands with a distinctive color.

The US did so too when they invaded Panama, as the Panamian Defense Forces had woodland as well.

UPDATE 05/08/2014

http://imageshack.com/a/img902/1904/TLJnhq.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/8378/OTZT80.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img742/9748/otdJaQ.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img913/3745/7y18Dz.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img906/4559/79dDZ7.png

I'm updating this mod to add the compatibility with the other addons i'm releasing.

Infantry finally comes equipped with AK-74M (although a very rudimentary version for now) and RPKs.

Also, i'm adding two skins for the Mi-8. One is the traditional russian one, with the addition of the navy flag on the engine.

The other is a desert version, with navy flag as well.

I have also added uniforms in KSOR (digital desert) pattern.

The addon should be finally compatible with ALIVE, i'll contact the devs and see if it can work.

Also the helmet got minor tweaks.

I added a classlist file too (you can find it inside the folder) where you can find all the units.

V0.3 - 05/08/2014

-Soldiers now equipped with AK-74M and RPK

-Added ALIVE module compatibility

-Added new Mi-8 in different variants

-Added KSOR (digital desert) uniforms

-Helmet textures tweaked slightly

-Now dependent from @Cha_AK and @Cha_Mi8

-Added classlist

Addon is signed, inside the folder you can find the bikey too.

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljg291x84ijrq9y/%40Cha_Rus.rar

Edited by Chairborne

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
requirements updated!

Any chance of seeing an insurgents faction with your assets? It'd be nice to have an insurgent pack that was in line with the size of your mods.

Given time, yes.

Right now i have a never-ending list of things to do and i don't see that happen anytime before two or three months.

Chairborne, congrats on a great looking mod... one suggestion would be to build your weapons and vehicles into the main units mod.

Within player units or clans it's very difficult to keep loading in lots of mods... "mod-count" becomes a bad word....

If you combined them so your units were all inclusive of weapons, it would be much appreciated by me and I'm sure other unit admins.

p.s. no need to stop offering your weapons seperately, there's a market for that for sure. But for units, you might as well make one complete pack that has it all ready to go, rather than needing 5+ mods to get it to work. hope that makes sense ?

SJ

I understand.

I was actually asked this before, the problem right now is that i'm constantly updating them and everytime i update something in the modpack, that would require me (and those who use it) to upload/download the whole thing again.

You can still put all the addons in a single folder though, no need to keep them separately on your end.

Given time, yes.

Right now i have a never-ending list of things to do and i don't see that happen anytime before two or three months.

Looking forward to it! Keep up the great work.

I understand.

I was actually asked this before, the problem right now is that i'm constantly updating them and everytime i update something in the modpack, that would require me (and those who use it) to upload/download the whole thing again.

You can still put all the addons in a single folder though, no need to keep them separately on your end.

PW6 is your friend here... it's the easist way to patch as it uses Delta patching, only changing or downloading new stuff not the entire mod again... A lot of people use it for simply keeping the list of mods up-to-date, and then use a modline or some other way to actually launch the game. Though to be honest once you get used to it's foibles it's really a very good system.

Anyway looking forward to seeing how this develops - I really like the looks of the units and the vehicles look very mean in proper colour schemes. The T100 or whatever it is, actually looks like a real tank with your texture on it. Not a Sci-Fi toy. Good job.

I'm thinking a good western europe bun-fight on the Celle Map would be brilliant - All I need is for someone to finally finish a Challenger mod and we're set.

SJ