Sign in to follow this  
SGT Fuller

[WIP] USAF Air Asset MOD

Chortles is correct the project isnt cancelled. Just trying to adapt back to civilian life is alot harder than i expected but we are still working on the mod so here is a small update/news. The C-17 that is currently in our pack will be scrapped and we are making our own. We both grew tired of this this is mine stuff coming out of no where so we abandoned the current model. In the showcase we didnt show what our C-17 is capable of but rest assured all the features that were made for the other are already in the new and fully working. It will not be in the alpha release. Everything else with the exception of the F22 and B2 will be in..just ironing out those small errors and i will present them as a work in progress public alpha. Constructive criticism is welcome but keep in mind its WIP. Anyways stay tuned hoping to have this in your hands soon.

Good to know you guys keep challenging yourself. That's one of the most important thing to do on a project like this, make sure that at the end of the day everything gets your approval. Good luck ;)

Chortles is correct the project isnt cancelled. Just trying to adapt back to civilian life is alot harder than i expected but we are still working on the mod so here is a small update/news. The C-17 that is currently in our pack will be scrapped and we are making our own. We both grew tired of this this is mine stuff coming out of no where so we abandoned the current model. In the showcase we didnt show what our C-17 is capable of but rest assured all the features that were made for the other are already in the new and fully working. It will not be in the alpha release. Everything else with the exception of the F22 and B2 will be in..just ironing out those small errors and i will present them as a work in progress public alpha. Constructive criticism is welcome but keep in mind its WIP. Anyways stay tuned hoping to have this in your hands soon.

sounds good to me cant wait to upload it to a sever and play with some good old friends

Hey all well the verdict is been set so i am separating from the Air Force on 6 April due to a mess up from big air force. Ill be joining the Army National Guard afterwards and moving so i wont have internet for a little bit after the 6th. I am still working on the mod. Ive decided that i will be releasing the Security Forces, AC130 and one of my secret projects the F/A-22 before i release the rest of them. I saw that there was another C-17 released..his mod will not conflict with this one. He is doing his thing and I mine and wish him the best of luck with it. More to come

So are you now going back on including the F/A-22 :'(

So are you now going back on including the F/A-22 :'(

he said that they were not in yet, hes working on fixing.

he said that they were not in yet, hes working on fixing.

I realize this.. Hence why i said hes going back on including it.. meaning it wont be included.. if you look at my first quote he said he would be releasing it before releasing the rest of them.. but now i guess he wont cause of some bugs.

Ok done with my break/readjustment to civilian life..time to get back on it..will be in full beast mode to get this out.

Ok done with my break/readjustment to civilian life..time to get back on it..will be in full beast mode to get this out.

:yay::yay::yay:

Go, go, beast-mode !

Go, go, beast-mode !

Was that a Go, Go, Gadget reference?

I'm sorry I'm old school ;)

im not even 20 and i get this reference, more like middle school

GO, GO, Gadget Umbrella.

Why?

Because its about to rain hell on them CSAT forces

Of course it is !! Ahh the good old days.

By the power of Grey Skull!

Anyway back on topic ... looking forward to seeing what can be done.

Of course it is !! Ahh the good old days.

By the power of Grey Skull!

Anyway back on topic ... looking forward to seeing what can be done.

(one day, when the mod releases)

Gunning AC-130

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!

HE-MAN

dude this mod is gunna tear apart the syfy bugs we come to know as CSAT

Status Report:

B-1: Finished for Alpha

B-2: Not released with Alpha(Finalizing for 2nd Stage Alpha)

F-22: Not relreased with Alpha(Finalizing for 2nd Stage Alpha)

RQ-4A: Not released with Alpha

C-5: Finished for Alpha

AC-130: Finalizing for alpha will be released with Alpha

C-17: Entire Overhaul

KC-135: Finished for Alpha

Security Forces: Finished for Alpha

USAF Pilots: Finished for Alpha

Been burning the midnight oil. Here is our status as of 23Apr14 at 1135 Hrs. I have provided an explanation for each that will not be released with alpha.

F-22: Cockpit overhaul

B-2: Cockpit and texture overhaul

RQ-4A: Camera fixing

C-17: Model Finished, Cockpit overhaul in progress. Model is more alive than the old. All features that were in the previous are working in the new.

For the Alpha you will be getting 1 bomber, 1 heavy lifter, 1 gunship and 1 refuler. Keep in mind that this will be a Alpha release so be advised there might be some errors but i have been careful to comb through this and make sure there were not any. Look for release of this alpha Late Wednesday(23Apr) or early Thursday morning(24Apr). These are approx dates and i wont deviate from last time i give my word. stay tuned

Still looking for that texture artist. PM me

Edited by fullerpj

Yay planes!

An ambitious project to say the least. I will try to contribute as much as possible to alpha testing.

Will the alpha release have the Interactive cockpit or service menu? or is that later down the line?

Will the alpha release have the Interactive cockpit or service menu? or is that later down the line?

Later down the line for both..the 2nd stage alpha will have the service menus but the interactive cockpit will be further down the line.

Status Report:

B-1: Finished for Alpha

B-2: Not released with Alpha(Finalizing for 2nd Stage Alpha)

F-22: Not relreased with Alpha(Finalizing for 2nd Stage Alpha)

RQ-4A: Not released with Alpha

C-5: Finished for Alpha

AC-130: Finalizing for alpha will be released with Alpha

C-17: Entire Overhaul

KC-135: Finished for Alpha

Security Forces: Finished for Alpha

USAF Pilots: Finished for Alpha

Been burning the midnight oil. Here is our status as of 23Apr14 at 1135 Hrs. I have provided an explanation for each that will not be released with alpha.

F-22: Cockpit overhaul

B-2: Cockpit and texture overhaul

RQ-4A: Camera fixing

C-17: Model Finished, Cockpit overhaul in progress. Model is more alive than the old. All features that were in the previous are working in the new.

For the Alpha you will be getting 1 bomber, 1 heavy lifter, 1 gunship and 1 refuler. Keep in mind that this will be a Alpha release so be advised there might be some errors but i have been careful to comb through this and make sure there were not any. Look for release of this alpha Late Wednesday(23Apr) or early Thursday morning(24Apr). These are approx dates and i wont deviate from last time i give my word. stay tuned

Still looking for that texture artist. PM me

Can't Wait!! :yay:

Sounds great Fuller. I have a question regarding flight handling, are you going to use the stock A3 planes now to create proper fixed wing handling? I've noticed most models that have been put in A3 have not had this due to them being released before BI made the Wipeout etc, but will you be using that handling config as a base and then adjusting it to each aircraft? I.e. bigger planes turn slower and can't be as dynamic as a jet fighter?

Sounds great Fuller. I have a question regarding flight handling, are you going to use the stock A3 planes now to create proper fixed wing handling? I've noticed most models that have been put in A3 have not had this due to them being released before BI made the Wipeout etc, but will you be using that handling config as a base and then adjusting it to each aircraft? I.e. bigger planes turn slower and can't be as dynamic as a jet fighter?

Havent even thought about it tbh..you will notice once you get your hands on it that the C-5's aircraft handling is nothing like a fighter plane..the C17 before we scrapped it had the issue that your speaking of. I will adapt that new tech to the Jets and thanks for pointing that out because i really didnt notice. I guess more of a reason to keep the F22 with the make believe lockhead martin so they can fix it :)

The plane "handling" in A3 is controlled by PhysX. A better question to ask is has he incorporated PhysX to these model's? I myself am quite curious to this question as well.

Second note: It isn't just a copy and paste. You have to create the Geometry for the Model. Personally I would like the Plane's landing gears to actually work and compress when touch down has been made. A lot of A2 port's when you touch down the plane say hit's one wheel on the tarmac and because there is no compression the plane slams down on the other wheel straight away.

PhysX Code Example

landingSpeed = 185; /// used for AI to approach the runawy, the plane should be stable at this speed

acceleration = 300; /// used for AI to plan the waypoints and accelerating, doesn't affect plane performance

maxSpeed = 890; /// maximal speed of the plane, affects even thrust and is base for both envelope and thrustCoef

driveOnComponent[] = {"wheel_1","wheel_2","wheel_3"}; /// array of components to be assigned special low-friction material (usually wheels)

rudderInfluence = 0.5; /// coefficient of rudder affecting steering of the plane

aileronSensitivity = 1; /// coefficient of ailerons affecting twisting the plane

elevatorSensitivity = 0.8; /// coefficient of elevators affecting changing of plane horizontal heading

irScanRangeMin = 500; /// defines the range of IR sight of the vehicle

irScanRangeMax = 5000; /// defines the range of IR sight of the vehicle

irScanToEyeFactor = 2; /// defines the effectivity of IR sight of the vehicle

/// envelope defines lift produced by the shape of the plane according to current speed relative to maxSpeed

/// the first element of the array is for zero speed, the last for 125 % of maxSpeed, the rest in between is evenly distributed

/// there may be as many elements as you wish, using 13 should be preferred as it modulates the 10% increase with reasonable error

envelope[] = {0.0,0.15,1.1,3,5,5.83,6.0,5.85,5.5,4.8,3.6,1.8,0};

/// angle of incidence - difference between forward and airfold chord line - def. val is 3*PI/180 (meaning three degrees)

angleOfIndicence = 0.05235987;

/// forces keeping plane aligned with its speed direction - the bigger force the better it changes the direction of flight

draconicForceXCoef = 2.5;

draconicForceYCoef = 0.5;

draconicForceZCoef = 0.5;

draconicTorqueXCoef = 0.15;

draconicTorqueYCoef = 2.0;

/// rudder, elevator, aileron, thrust effectiveness; if empty old settings is used

// effectiveness according to current speed and maxSpeed ratio

// last value goes for 150% of max speed

thrustCoef[]= {1.5, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.9, 0.7, 0.5, 0.3, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0};

elevatorCoef[]= {}; //default value is 1

aileronCoef[]= {}; //default value is 1

rudderCoef[]= {}; //default value is fabs(speed.Z())*InvSqrt(Square(speed.X())+Square(speed.Z()));

//! coefficient of player's controller sensitivity (does not affect AI)

elevatorControlsSensitivityCoef = 4;

aileronControlsSensitivityCoef = 4;

rudderControlsSensitivityCoef = 4;

landingAoa = "rad 10"; /// what AoA is going the IA use to land the plane

laserScanner = 1; /// if the vehicle is able to see targets marked by laser marker

gunAimDown = 0.029000; /// adjusts the aiming of gun relative to the axis of model

headAimDown = 0.0000; /// adjusts the view of pilot to have crosshair centred

memoryPointLRocket = "Rocket_1"; /// use this for simulating different rocked pods in case you don't want to mess with "maverick weapon" simulation

memoryPointRRocket = "Rocket_2"; /// it is used to alternate two points/pods of fire the missiles

flapsFrictionCoef = 0.32; /// sets the effectivity of using flaps to increase drag/lift

minFireTime = 30; /// how long does the pilot fire at one target before switching to another one

threat[] = {1, 1, 1}; /// multiplier of cost of the vehicle in eyes of soft, armoured and air enemies

Wipeout Code

altNoForce = 35000;

altFullForce = 13636;

maxSpeed = 706;

aileronSensitivity = 0.75;

elevatorSensitivity = 1.9;

rudderInfluence = 0.01;

aileronControlsSensitivityCoef = 3;

elevatorControlsSensitivity = 2;

rudderControlsSensitivityoef = 4;

elevatorCoef[] = {0.6,0.9,0.5,0.4,0.35,0.3,0.3};

aileronCoef[] = {0.6,1.0,0.95,0.9,0.85,0.8,0.75};

rudderCoef[] = {0.6,1.0,1.0,0.9,0.8,0.7,0.6};

flapsFrictionCoef = 0.5;

draconicForceXCoef = 7.4;

draconicForceYCoef = 3.0;

draconicForceZCoef = 0.1;

draconicTorqueXCoef = 1.2;

draconicTorqueYCoef = 3.0;

envelope[] = {0.1,0.1,0.9,2.8,3.5,3.7,3.8,3.8,3.6,3.3,2.7};

thrustCoef[] = {0.9,0.8,0.9,1.3,1.2,1.2,1.1,1.0,0.9,0.2,0.1,0.0,0.0};

acceleration = 300;

landingSpeed = 195;

landingAoa = 0.174533;

threat[] = {1,1,1};

irScanRangeMin = 500;

irScanRangeMax = 5000;

irScanToEyeFactor = 2;

laserScanner = 1;

minFireTime = 30;

gunAimDown = 0.029;

headAimDown = 0.0;

cabinOpening = 1;

driverLeftHandAnimName = "";

driverRightHandAnimName = "ControlStick";

memoryPointsGetInDriver = "GetIn_driver_pos";

memoryPointsGetInDriverDir = "GetIn_driver_dir";

memoryPointLRocket = "Rocket_1";

memoryPointRRocket = "Rocket_2";

memoryPointCM[] = {"FlareLauncher_1_pos","FlareLauncher_2_pos"};

memoryPointCMDir[] = {"FlareLauncher_1_dir","FlareLauncher_2_dir"};

memoryPointLDust = "WheelDust_left_pos";

memoryPointRDust = "WheelDust_right_pos";

memoryPointGun = "Gatling_barrels_end";

selectionFireAnim = "Gatling_muzzleflash";

driveOnComponent[] = {"Gear_1_damper","Gear_2_damper","Gear_3_damper"};

Edited by Raid

The plane "handling" in A3 is controlled by PhysX. A better question to ask is has he incorporated PhysX to these model's? I myself am quite curious to this question as well.

Second note: It isn't just a copy and paste. You have to create the Geometry for the Model. Personally I would like the Plane's landing gears to actually work and compress when touch down has been made. A lot of A2 port's when you touch down the plane say hit's one wheel on the tarmac and because there is no compression the plane slams down on the other wheel straight away.

PhysX Code Example

landingSpeed = 185; /// used for AI to approach the runawy, the plane should be stable at this speed

acceleration = 300; /// used for AI to plan the waypoints and accelerating, doesn't affect plane performance

maxSpeed = 890; /// maximal speed of the plane, affects even thrust and is base for both envelope and thrustCoef

driveOnComponent[] = {"wheel_1","wheel_2","wheel_3"}; /// array of components to be assigned special low-friction material (usually wheels)

rudderInfluence = 0.5; /// coefficient of rudder affecting steering of the plane

aileronSensitivity = 1; /// coefficient of ailerons affecting twisting the plane

elevatorSensitivity = 0.8; /// coefficient of elevators affecting changing of plane horizontal heading

irScanRangeMin = 500; /// defines the range of IR sight of the vehicle

irScanRangeMax = 5000; /// defines the range of IR sight of the vehicle

irScanToEyeFactor = 2; /// defines the effectivity of IR sight of the vehicle

/// envelope defines lift produced by the shape of the plane according to current speed relative to maxSpeed

/// the first element of the array is for zero speed, the last for 125 % of maxSpeed, the rest in between is evenly distributed

/// there may be as many elements as you wish, using 13 should be preferred as it modulates the 10% increase with reasonable error

envelope[] = {0.0,0.15,1.1,3,5,5.83,6.0,5.85,5.5,4.8,3.6,1.8,0};

/// angle of incidence - difference between forward and airfold chord line - def. val is 3*PI/180 (meaning three degrees)

/// forces keeping plane aligned with its speed direction - the bigger force the better it changes the direction of flight

draconicForceXCoef = 2.5;

draconicForceYCoef = 0.5;

draconicForceZCoef = 0.5;

draconicTorqueXCoef = 0.15;

draconicTorqueYCoef = 2.0;

/// rudder, elevator, aileron, thrust effectiveness; if empty old settings is used

// effectiveness according to current speed and maxSpeed ratio

// last value goes for 150% of max speed

thrustCoef[]= {1.5, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.9, 0.7, 0.5, 0.3, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0};

elevatorCoef[]= {}; //default value is 1

aileronCoef[]= {}; //default value is 1

rudderCoef[]= {}; //default value is fabs(speed.Z())*InvSqrt(Square(speed.X())+Square(speed.Z()));

//! coefficient of player's controller sensitivity (does not affect AI)

elevatorControlsSensitivityCoef = 4;

aileronControlsSensitivityCoef = 4;

rudderControlsSensitivityCoef = 4;

landingAoa = "rad 10"; /// what AoA is going the IA use to land the plane

laserScanner = 1; /// if the vehicle is able to see targets marked by laser marker

gunAimDown = 0.029000; /// adjusts the aiming of gun relative to the axis of model

headAimDown = 0.0000; /// adjusts the view of pilot to have crosshair centred

memoryPointLRocket = "Rocket_1"; /// use this for simulating different rocked pods in case you don't want to mess with "maverick weapon" simulation

memoryPointRRocket = "Rocket_2"; /// it is used to alternate two points/pods of fire the missiles

flapsFrictionCoef = 0.32; /// sets the effectivity of using flaps to increase drag/lift

minFireTime = 30; /// how long does the pilot fire at one target before switching to another one

threat[] = {1, 1, 1}; /// multiplier of cost of the vehicle in eyes of soft, armoured and air enemies

Thanks raid