Sign in to follow this  
SGT Fuller

[WIP] USAF Air Asset MOD

I'm old school no future stuff here

Well I sort of agree with you but I thought the B1R would be a nice addition since there's really nothing futuristic about it. Its just an upgrade program. I think it would fit better with Arma 3 as it stands now, but that's my opinion. Its the same with the F-15 SE and the AC-130W, its really not future, its now. Its the most recent update which makes it most likely to last to 2035.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Well I sort of agree with you but I thought the B1R would be a nice addition since there's really nothing futuristic about it. Its just an upgrade program. I think it would fit better with Arma 3 as it stands now, but that's my opinion. Its the same with the F-15 SE and the AC-130W, its really not future, its now. Its the most recent update which makes it most likely to last to 2035.

I was under the impression that the F-15 SE was not being sold to the USAF. Also, there is no reason to think that the F-22 won't be around in 20 years. There are older airframes than that in the USAF.

As for animated thrust vectoring, don't you just have to set up the nozzles to the same animation bone as the elevators?

I'm old school no future stuff here

CyclonicTuna: please stop de-railing the thread with this stuff that is not pertaining to this mod. We are not working to make a upgraded/futuristic Plane we are making current generation aircraft..I love suggestions and everyone is giving them but what they are not doing is saying get maybe you should make this plane instead of this one because it

Will fit better..you did the same thing in the A-10C thread and got a infraction for it..If you want one of those you suggested hit the drawing board(O2/blender) like everyone else and get a team to make it happen. I would hate to see you banned for de-railing other peoples threads..not trying to be mean but I'm being very real with you

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

I was under the impression that the F-15 SE was not being sold to the USAF. Also, there is no reason to think that the F-22 won't be around in 20 years. There are older airframes than that in the USAF.

As for animated thrust vectoring, don't you just have to set up the nozzles to the same animation bone as the elevators?

Very correct the F-22 will be around for awhile as a next generation fighter..and very true about having aircraft that are super old I and are still in service

CyclonicTuna: please stop de-railing the thread with this stuff that is not pertaining to this mod. We are not working to make a upgraded/futuristic Plane we are making current generation aircraft..I love suggestions and everyone is giving them but what they are not doing is saying get maybe you should make this plane instead of this one because it

Will fit better..you did the same thing in the A-10C thread and got a infraction for it..If you want one of those you suggested hit the drawing board(O2/blender) like everyone else and get a team to make it happen. I would hate to see you banned for de-railing other peoples threads..not trying to be mean but I'm being very real with you

I'm sorry, you're right. I get a bit carried away sometimes.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but just curious since the F-15 was brought up, are there plans for an Eagle (NOT the Silent Eagle, but the regular Strike Eagle), or at this point will the F-22 have phased them out?

This looks to be an excellent addon and something that is sorely needed. 2 questions though:

1. are you able to land the C17 on rough ground on Altis? ie. how does it handle?

2. are you able to drop cargo similar to that LAPES video previously posted? If thats one thing thats sorely lacking in A3, thats the ability to drop ammo for infantry.

so whats going on with mod? been developing it for sometime... any release date for this?

Units will be able to walk on it as the C-17 moves in the sky peral is handling that personally

:D I am so excite!!!!1!!1!

Not to derail the thread or anything, but just curious since the F-15 was brought up, are there plans for an Eagle (NOT the Silent Eagle, but the regular Strike Eagle), or at this point will the F-22 have phased them out?

As of right now there are no plans for a strike eagle. But who knows

Not to start a discussion here, but actually in contrast to CyclonicTuna himself, I don't find your reply any more acceptable. He's merely bringing in some new suggestions that he thinks may be applicable to the mod because he thinks it'd be a good idea, and just gets a really upset and pouty reply. I'm seeing this childish behavior a lot on here recently and it just now brought me to dig out my old account information just to post this.

I thought this thing looked quite well, by the way.

Also, inb4 infraction for mentioning my opinion.

This looks to be an excellent addon and something that is sorely needed. 2 questions though:

1. are you able to land the C17 on rough ground on Altis? ie. how does it handle?

2. are you able to drop cargo similar to that LAPES video previously posted? If thats one thing thats sorely lacking in A3, thats the ability to drop ammo for infantry.

Question 1: I haven't tried landing it on rough terrain I will try tonite.

Question 2: that's what we're aiming for to drop cargo not like the LAPES though

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Not to start a discussion here, but actually in contrast to CyclonicTuna himself, I don't find your reply any more acceptable. He's merely bringing in some new suggestions that he thinks may be applicable to the mod because he thinks it'd be a good idea, and just gets a really upset and pouty reply. I'm seeing this childish behavior a lot on here recently and it just now brought me to dig out my old account information just to post this.

I thought this thing looked quite well, by the way.

Also, inb4 infraction for mentioning my opinion.

Please stop..I asked in the very first post not to have any derailing posts in the thread. There is a rule against feeding troublemakers..but if your not here to talk about the USAF mod please leave and keep your opinions to yourself..or PM me and we can talk about it in private

Will there be any kind of independent halo scripting with the 17? I noticed you mentioned the ready drop red and green lights but haven't seen too much mentioned on the subject

Question 1: I haven't tried landing it on rough terrain I will try tonite.

Question 2: that's what we're aiming for to drop cargo not like the LAPES though

Sweet!! I'm just imagining how this would be employed on say a standard dom or CTI server and thats where the LAPES ability (plus the ability to parachue) would be purrrrfect! Keep up the good work guys.

I saw that you named "CCIP for bomb dropping" as being one of the features on the B1B and B2. I was wondering, are you also going to make use of the GPS/INS system, and perhaps even an PIP MFD targeting system in the cockpit?

Will there be any kind of independent halo scripting with the 17? I noticed you mentioned the ready drop red and green lights but haven't seen too much mentioned on the subject

We are working on that one so expect some updated info soon.

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

I saw that you named "CCIP for bomb dropping" as being one of the features on the B1B and B2. I was wondering, are you also going to make use of the GPS/INS system, and perhaps even an PIP MFD targeting system in the cockpit?

That would be nice if we could get gps working. I loved that system in A2. The pip mfd system is something peral is looking into more info to come

I have an Air group willing to test this and provide you feed back. PM me if you are interested

Any chance some of these aircraft will have hiddenSelections for the purposes of derivative mods that can feature custom tail numbers? For example, when two aircraft are talking to each other, it'd be cool that they might have unique callsigns, including tail numbers. It would be even cooler if those unique tail numbers could actually be present on the aircraft. So if Magnum 454 and 503 are flying around it would be great if 454 and 503 were on the aircraft somewhere.

Edited by BadHabitz

Any chance some of these aircraft will have hiddenSelections for the purposes of derivative mods that can feature custom tail numbers? For example, when two aircraft are talking to each other, it'd be cool that they might have unique callsigns, including tail numbers. It would be even cooler if those unique tail numbers could actually be present on the aircraft. So if Magnum 454 and 503 are flying around it would be great if 454 and 503 were on the aircraft somewhere.

fullerpj and I talked about that and we are adding hiddenSelections for different camos and tail numbers to some of the planes. Also going to include a template to make custom tail numbers.

Edited by Peral

fullerpj and I talked about that and we are adding hiddenSelections for different camos and tail numbers to some of the planes. Also going to include a template to make custom tail numbers.
Perfect! I know it's not a big deal to some, but sometimes it's the little details of immersion that make a huge difference in the end.

That would be nice if we could get gps working. I loved that system in A2. The pip mfd system is something peral is looking into more info to come

That's amazing to hear. One suggestion though. Because I really liked that system to, the only thing I though was missing was the ability to assign multiple targets at once, and release ordinance accordingly. You could only select on point on the map at a time, then fire, then select the next target and fire again, independently.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

With the B-2 are u using the actual payload of a B-2? like Dropping 14 GBU bombs at once

whilst this would be great...using 1 or more of these a/c on standard DOM or CTI servers would probably be met with severe backlash ie. you'd be doing all the killing whilst the infantry just mops up (on MP servers, players prefer it the other way). So in the interest of gameplay, you'd probably want to reduce the bombload to say 4 or something. Remember, the majority of players play as standard infantry and, like most infantry around the world, they want to kill something (ingame) so the focus has to be on infantry or combat arms support I would guess. Unless you're playing offline of course.

whilst this would be great...using 1 or more of these a/c on standard DOM or CTI servers would probably be met with severe backlash ie. you'd be doing all the killing whilst the infantry just mops up (on MP servers, players prefer it the other way). So in the interest of gameplay, you'd probably want to reduce the bombload to say 4 or something. Remember, the majority of players play as standard infantry and, like most infantry around the world, they want to kill something (ingame) so the focus has to be on infantry or combat arms support I would guess. Unless you're playing offline of course.

Yes, but the CTI servers could modify it via script to change it. This mod seems to made more Milsim communities so I doubt they'd reduce it for the few domination or CTI servers that would use it.

Edited by ProGamer

Can't wait for the release. :) Keep up good work!