Sign in to follow this  
SGT Fuller

[WIP] USAF Air Asset MOD

Looks good! Hope to see camo versions as well. The only B1's I've ever seen in real life wore a two stage camo, bluish grey on the bottom and something similar to this on top:

camo_b-1-thumb.jpg

Oh,dearï¼Finally someone started to make a C17ï¼Love you guysï¼

I want to ask,can the soldiers walk in the C17?Or just sit in it like in the existed vhichles in Arma3?

If there is to be interactive cockpits in all of the aircraft, could the ones that have a pilot and a co-pilot seat both have control over the cockpits? Just to give co-pilots a more useful role. :)

Hey guys just a little update. Me and Peral have been extremely busy He with his A-10 and working on the B-2 and teaching me as this is my first addon. And me working on the C-17 and the B-1. Progress is going great the KC-135 will be the last one that we work on. The B-2 is coming around me and peral have decided that we are going to do two colors of the B-2 the black version that you see in the WIP screens from earlier and the USAF standard version. Peral has done marvelous work with it and has already redone the cockpit and has started on the interactive portion. The C-17 after peral's extensive guiding i have added Exhaust to the C-17 four turbine engines and it looks great. Im in the process of getting the flares to disperse in the correct sequence as in Real world. The B-1 i have been working on also. Peral fixed the issue we had with the plane sinking into the ground and i fixed the lighting and collision lights, i also added the Warning system and Flares..i believe the collision lights are to bright but i will post some WIP of it and you tell me what you think. All in all the USAF mod is coming great look for more news soon. I have also been trying to reach the creator of the AC-130 Spooky II from arma 2 to see if he will allow a conversion and upgrade wish us luck. I would like to take the time to thank peral for helping me extensively with this mod without him this wouldn't be happening as i said this is my first attempt at a mod even though its more of a conversion/upgrade im STUPID when it comes to this but day by day he has helped me. Thanks again. We are also looking for a master texture if your up for the job please PM me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/Pierre_Fuller/2014-01-06_00001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/Pierre_Fuller/2014-01-06_00002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/Pierre_Fuller/Screenshot2014-01-06094307.png

Sorry for the misspelled words and grammar issues its 2 AM and i should be sleep...

Great Images...

That bird looks so good....

Aim High. Incredible..... Thanks for all your hard work. I was in the USAF from 1984 - 1992 and this brings back great memories. I was stationed at two different SAC bases...... Dyess AFB, Abilene, TX and Forbes Field, Topeka, KS. . Dyess was the first base to receive the B-1while I was there in 1985..... it is a beast. I worked near the flight line and watched those babies take off every day..... to watch them all take off at once during an exercise from the alert pad was an awesome sight to see, especially at night. At Forbes, they had the KC-135.... I had the privilege to fly from Topeka, Kansas over Amarillo, Texas and watch a refueling of the B-1 bomber.... I laid in the right side of the refueling cockpit, while the boomer refueled to my left. So yes, I've seen the B-1 up close.

I can't wait for this mod, it's gonna be fun..... again, thank you.

Looking marvellous man! :D

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Btw, you guys do know that J0nes has already started modding the AC-130 for Arma 3 right? You might not need to convert the Arma 2 mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159315-AC-130X-for-Arma-3

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

One more question. Are you guys gonna release all these alongside the A10C in a... like USAF package for Arma 3? What's the plan? ;)

Looks good! Hope to see camo versions as well. The only B1's I've ever seen in real life wore a two stage camo, bluish grey on the bottom and something similar to this on top:

http://www.murdoconline.net/2007/camo_b-1-thumb.jpg

This could be possible in the future

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Oh,dearï¼Finally someone started to make a C17ï¼Love you guysï¼

I want to ask,can the soldiers walk in the C17?Or just sit in it like in the existed vhichles in Arma3?

Units will be able to walk on it as the C-17 moves in the sky peral is handling that personally

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

If there is to be interactive cockpits in all of the aircraft, could the ones that have a pilot and a co-pilot seat both have control over the cockpits? Just to give co-pilots a more useful role. :)

I believe we talked about that the other night i know that both the B-1 and the B-2s co pilot will also have use for bomb dropping..the pilot will have it also just in case only one person is up In the baby. As far a the c-17 and C-5 go they will have access to the ramp open and green to red ability or sething else

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Aim High. Incredible..... Thanks for all your hard work. I was in the USAF from 1984 - 1992 and this brings back great memories. I was stationed at two different SAC bases...... Dyess AFB, Abilene, TX and Forbes Field, Topeka, KS. . Dyess was the first base to receive the B-1while I was there in 1985..... it is a beast. I worked near the flight line and watched those babies take off every day..... to watch them all take off at once during an exercise from the alert pad was an awesome sight to see, especially at night. At Forbes, they had the KC-135.... I had the privilege to fly from Topeka, Kansas over Amarillo, Texas and watch a refueling of the B-1 bomber.... I laid in the right side of the refueling cockpit, while the boomer refueled to my left. So yes, I've seen the B-1 up close.

I can't wait for this mod, it's gonna be fun..... again, thank you.

Thank you for your service.. I work on the flight line around C-17s and KC-135s but when I was in Qatar I worked around the B-1..never seen the B-2 in my life I know where it's at but no fan of working around nukes and the cold weather I'm sure your tracking lol

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Looking marvellous man! :D

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Btw, you guys do know that J0nes has already started modding the AC-130 for Arma 3 right? You might not need to convert the Arma 2 mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159315-AC-130X-for-Arma-3

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

One more question. Are you guys gonna release all these alongside the A10C in a... like USAF package for Arma 3? What's the plan? ;)

Thanks and yes I know that jones is working on the AC-130X but the one I saw brought back a lot of memories so that's the one I wanted to bring over..and I haven't spoken to peral about him releasing his A-10 with this package but I'll bring it up to him unless he sees this first and he will answer..

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Thank you all for the positive feedback this just makes me want to learn more and make this amazing for all of you..also please don't forget to thank peral who is helping a lot with this mod thanks guys again

That's will be very good if units can walk in the C17,and it's also fine if the ground vhichles can just drive into the back of C17.

Will the C5 and C17 be able to Attach vehicles inside them and throw them out the back with parachutes like they could in Arma 2?

Yes the c-17 and C-5 will have the same abilities they had in arma 2 + some!! :)

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I'm also wanting to have some custom pilots for these. I'm wanting something on the line of the current fighter pilot but uniform is colored green and added some patches to make them look like real world pilots I need a helmet version and a non helmet version if anyone is interested please pm me thanks.

Could you make it so in all seats, even as pilot and copilot, you could access the aircrafts inventory? This would make it so, at any time, the crew could remove its helmets (and put them back on). If possible two crew textures, a green standard one and a tan one for playing on Takistan.

Only thing that could possibly be in the inventory of the C-17 would be maybe 15 parachutes for jumping members and maybe some medical supplies..but yes I'm sure that can be looked at

About the crew is why I need someone that is good at character editing it's not my best skill as I'm still learning..

Will these planes, especially the C-130, be able to use the LAPES system?

Will these planes, especially the C-130, be able to use the LAPES system?

There isnt a C-130 in this pack. Sakura_Chan is making a one and looks marvelous so i would take this question to him. As far as the C-17 or C-5 doing low altitude drops as in your video..it isnt capable of doing that..ive never seen or heard of a C-17/C-5 doing this..if someone wants to correct me on this then we will see but as of right now no the C-17 nor the C-5 wont be doing this at that altitude.

@fullerpj. What, you don't want to live in Knob Noster, MO? :p We have a bombing range near where I live.... The Big Red One is just down the road..... The B-2 flies over this area all the time to practice bombing runs. Nothing like seeing a big black bat flying in the sky. Can't wait to try out your B-2.

Added: BTW, thank you for your services. The USAF, keeping the USA safe for the next 40 years.

Edited by rehtus777

@fullerpj. What, you don't want to live in Knob Noster, MO? :p We have a bombing range near where I live.... The Big Red One is just down the road..... The B-2 flies over this area all the time to practice bombing runs. Nothing like seeing a big black bat flying in the sky. Can't wait to try out your B-2.

Added: BTW, thank you for your services. The USAF, keeping the USA safe for the next 40 years.

Being Security Forces my life would come to an absolute end there lol..but i would visit just to see it fly over or drop some bombs. And thank you

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:11 ----------

Hey team tinkering around with the C-17. I noticed that the top tail light was not blinking nor steady. So i added that into the Collision lights and it looks pretty good and actually brings out the C-17 more.

Here are some Screens for you all of the C-17 with the top light functioning. Having a small issue with the Mass because as of right now you can walk into and out of the C-17 and i dont like it...its possibly the reason to why we cant get vehicles up the ramp. People can walk it just fine. Anyways here you go see you next update.

2014-01-07_00001.jpg

2014-01-07_00002.jpg

2014-01-07_00003.jpg

wooow that's stunning i love that plane and i hope to get my hand soon on it for my SF group insertion ! thank you for your work !

Have you found a way to dynamically affect the planes landing and take off distance from weight? (Bug fan of the STOL capabilities of the applicable aircraft) And have you found a way to allow for reverse thrust on the applicable aircraft?

There isnt a C-130 in this pack. Sakura_Chan is making a one and looks marvelous so i would take this question to him. As far as the C-17 or C-5 doing low altitude drops as in your video..it isnt capable of doing that..ive never seen or heard of a C-17/C-5 doing this..if someone wants to correct me on this then we will see but as of right now no the C-17 nor the C-5 wont be doing this at that altitude.

"The C-17 Globemaster III passed an important milestone at the Flight Test Center on May 3, 1994. On that day, he Air Force's new jet transport successfully made its first aerial delivery using the low altitude parachute extraction system (LAPES). LAPES demands perfect stability and controllability from the delivery aircraft. The C-17 Combined Test Force at AFFTC carried out the first such test using the first production-category Globemaster III. On that day, the heavy lifter made its pass at 130 knots (about 150 mph) with its wheels just 2 feet above the south lake bed."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/systems/lapes.htm

However, at the beginning of that page it clearly states "The Low Altitude Parachute Extraction System (LAPES) is not currently in use by the US Air Force (USAF) or the US Army." Though if you were setting them up for Vietnam War era stuff it'd work.

I believe we talked about that the other night i know that both the B-1 and the B-2s co pilot will also have use for bomb dropping..the pilot will have it also just in case only one person is up In the baby. As far a the c-17 and C-5 go they will have access to the ramp open and green to red ability or sething else

I was thinking more of the co-pilot being able to control the flaps when landing and help with trimming, elevating, throttles and pitching the aircraft. In this case, you might also be able to bring in a third seat as the gunner that'll control the bombs.

I was thinking more of the co-pilot being able to control the flaps when landing and help with trimming, elevating, throttles and pitching the aircraft. In this case, you might also be able to bring in a third seat as the gunner that'll control the bombs.

We will look into that. The copilot will be able to help with the start up procedures and other systems, before takeoff and after landing.

Looking mighty outstanding guys!!! :D

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Edit: I guess if you can do this LAPES is technically possible

Oh wow, this looks pretty neat. I can't wait to start using these, since the air content is pretty lacking right now.

Have some air battles over Altis.

Saw this documentary and thought it would be pretty cool if you guys could inplement some futuristic airplanes like the B1R:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzYVKoZofF0

From the exterior at least the only difference seems to be the slanted tail:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints-depot-restricted/modernplanes/modern-qr/rockwell_b_1r_lancer-44114.jpg

I'm old school no future stuff here