Need some help! 

I am attempting to modify AIS wound system that will allow team switch to be used when a player is wounded. By default team switch is disabled. 

I have it working for the most part. If a player gets wounded he can team switch into a new unit. The new unit  can move normal aim normal reload normal but can't use secondary weapons like rocket launches. The player loses the ability to revive drag carry and interact with the environment. The player in the new unit has a visual disturbance of a red Haze that will stay until the players original unit that is wounded is healed. 

I don't have an issue with that I kind of like it. It forces the player to rescue his original unit if he wants a normal visual screen. The player is still limited with his use of secondary weapons and environment interaction. If the player Team switches into a AI unit that is wounded and that AI is being healed the player gets all functional back to use secondary weapons and interaction with the environment including the ability to revive other units. At the point the player can then move to revive his original unit which will get rid of the red Haze screen.

What I would like to have is the ability to use secondary weapons following team switch into a new unit after the original unit is wounded. The reason is if I need to take out a piece of armor without the ability to use a AT weapon well game over.

If anyone interested in helping me to continue to modify this Script and getting it to work a little better with team switch enabled please like me know. 

• Like 1

Medications when resuscitation (object)

I want to modify the spawn time of an object.

Where can I do it?

While the user is unconscious ...

I want to be able to chat ...

So I am AIS_NO_CHAT = false;        Set ..

But you cannot activate the conversation while you are dead.

I need help.

Hello all.

I am trying to work out how to disable the red effects when you are downed.

I am also trying to work out how to set it so you can still have control of Ai members of your squad.

Thank you in advance!

@Psychobastard First off, thanks for the awesome mod! I just have one question:

When the AI is downed, they are unconscious for probably 15 seconds but then come back to life (kind of) and can turn and change stance and shoot (sometimes) but can't actually move from the spot they went down. The part that is annoying for me is that they don't show up as injured anymore on the status bar associated with their name and the other AI no longer see them as injured. I like being able to tell the AI to go heal another AI and sometimes they even do it automatically. Any idea how to change it so AI goes down and stays down until they are stabilized and revived?

Edit: Nvm I figured it out, something from Project Injury Reaction was interfering

Edited by I'mAlwaysHard5
Found solution

On 9/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, avibird 1 said:

Need some help! 

I am attempting to modify AIS wound system that will allow team switch to be used when a player is wounded. By default team switch is disabled. 

I have it working for the most part. If a player gets wounded he can team switch into a new unit. The new unit  can move normal aim normal reload normal but can't use secondary weapons like rocket launches. The player loses the ability to revive drag carry and interact with the environment. The player in the new unit has a visual disturbance of a red Haze that will stay until the players original unit that is wounded is healed. 

I don't have an issue with that I kind of like it. It forces the player to rescue his original unit if he wants a normal visual screen. The player is still limited with his use of secondary weapons and environment interaction. If the player Team switches into a AI unit that is wounded and that AI is being healed the player gets all functional back to use secondary weapons and interaction with the environment including the ability to revive other units. At the point the player can then move to revive his original unit which will get rid of the red Haze screen.

What I would like to have is the ability to use secondary weapons following team switch into a new unit after the original unit is wounded. The reason is if I need to take out a piece of armor without the ability to use a AT weapon well game over.

If anyone interested in helping me to continue to modify this Script and getting it to work a little better with team switch enabled please like me know. 

I have a modified grimes simple revive script that allows this if you're interested. I can send it to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2020 at 4:59 AM, DirtyDel said:

I have a modified grimes simple revive script that allows this if you're interested. I can send it to you.

I wouldn't mind a copy also @DirtyDel if happy to supply. Thanks in advance

@DirtyDel  I took a while off from arma3 but yes I would like to see what you did with the Grimes simple revive script. I have a very unique modification to AIS system that I would like to share I just text psychobastard he has not posted on this thread since Feb 6 2019

I have a modified version of the script with a few minor issues that where in the original script where players get stuck in healing animations when shot or rare occasions the player may become invincible I think that may be mine with the modifications I made IDK.

The modified version is called last man standing modification of AIS wound system. Playable units will never die only stay unconscious.The mission will end when all playable units are down. The modification was designed for solo play with AI or a small group of coop players. Not really for large JIP missions.

Team switch works well. Players can team switch when their original unit is down without any visual affects (red narrow view taking out) they can move aim shoot and reload normal but can't interact with the environment for example enter vehicles place mines heal other units or switch to second weapons however if you use MCC4 ACE and the players have them enabled. The players can access the interface to switch weapons enter vehicles place mines ECT the only thing players can't do is drag wounded units or heal them. this was by design!!! 

So how do you heal an original unit that is wounded. Two ways. The wounded unit can call for help and other playable or AI units will come to heal as the original script was designed. Sometimes if the damage is not critical the wounded unit can still crawl slowly and use whatever left in its clip with decreased aiming as designed by the original script. The wounded unit can move to other playable or AI units and call for help. The second option is the player team switch into a new unit and moves to the location and then needs to team switch back into the original unit to get healed. Once the player gets healed he see a red flash on screen and all the functionality gets restored back.

It makes the player who gets wounded responsible to get the wounded unit healed again. If not players would just leave the AI wounded  and not worry about it lol. It's ture 😎

I would like to release a demo mission with the modifications. This is designed for lone wolf players or a small group of players for coop play. Large groups JIP missions would get to complicated and messy because team switch was never really designed for multiplayer join in  progress missions.  

I don't know if a lot of people are still using this script because the thread has not had a lot of activity in a while. 

@avibird 1 I have been using original AIS for a looong time in exactly the kind of mission you describe: I play RAVAGE-based missions alone or every now & then with one buddy on my dedicated server and rely on AI teammates to get the survival done (let alone tasks) since ASR_AI or VCOMAI make it rather hard to play Rambo.  Currently I'm consideríng to try out MGI Modules which also has a medical system affecting teammate AI, but a souped up version of AIS would make me even more.... avi(bir)d to stick to this old, but reliable script. :hehe:

22 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

This is designed for lone wolf players or a small group of players for coop play.

Way I play!

22 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

It makes the player who gets wounded responsible to get the wounded unit healed again. If not players would just leave the AI wounded  and not worry about it lol. It's ture 😎

+1 Way I play; my current mission has the playable slots named after family & friends - so I HATE to be  "Die Lika Dog Inna Ditch" (Cuz Post-Apoc Life's Justa Bitch!) towards them!

• Like 1

Look for  my host server AVIBIRD PC  you can test out the modified ASI system and if you like I can make a small demo mission or give you the code lines you need to edit  it take me a long time because I really have no clue about scripting language or coding I just can reverse engineer some stuff due to the pure amount of time i have been playing OFP/ARMA and a lot of trial and error and of course all the great help you get on this fourm. 

MCC4 is a must so you can have some access to functionality once  you have been wounded and switched to a new player without the MCC4 interface ie player interaction and environment interaction. You will only be able to move aim and reload normal  but not interact with any other menus ie enter into vehicles place explosives switch the secondary weapons ext.  You can't heal other units until you are either healed while you are in your original unit or another AI soldier that is wounded once you are healed you see a red flush on the screen and you are all good. The main issue I had with the original script was once I was able to enable team switch when you team switch you had the red narrow view and you could not access any other menus or switch to secondary weapons ie AT weapons with MCC4 player interface enabled you do.  Plus I always use MCC4 with GAIA patrols in my missions. I need to get a new mic my dogs ate my mic 🤣

I can not get the AI (opfor) to heal themselves, they just die. Is anyone else having this problem. They do not go to a wounded state anymore.

Hiya everyone.
Sorry if it seems n00bish, but when I load the Tanoa test mission in Eden editor, I get: 

Error when loading the scenario!

There is no more information. The .rpt doesn't give any clues. I never play with mods. Anyone have an idea?

Edit: strangely enough the mission plays fine when packed into a .pbo and hosted. Never had this before!

Hello! I know that you can set a unit unconscious with a AIS function, [this] call AIS_System_fnc_setUnconscious; , but how do I revive an unconscious unit with AIS functions? Can it be done?

• Like 1

What exactly do you mean by

"revive an unconscious unit with AIS functions"

Want to know if a unit which has been set to AIS unconscious state can then be revived by player or AI like a unit which has been set to AIS unconsciousness by normal gunshot, explosive etc.  damage? That works fine.

Or do you want to know how to reverse

On 1/27/2021 at 9:27 AM, Twiznak said:

[this] call AIS_System_fnc_setUnconscious

via script command? That I don't know for sure but maybe smt along the lines of

[this] setVariable ["ais_unconscious", false, true];

would work? Would have to check that out myself though; just a wild guess.

I just installed it and everything is working fine!
Very good job by the way, tks for it!
But I would like to know ... is there any way to decrease the time that medics take to revive?

My group loves this system, however since we have started using the new Vietnam CDLC Prairie Fire it is not working, has anyone else had this problem with the CDLC Prairie Fire . We used AIS in a World War 2 mission this last weekend and it worked great.

On 5/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, za0 said:

I just installed it and everything is working fine!
Very good job by the way, tks for it!
But I would like to know ... is there any way to decrease the time that medics take to revive?

Yes it a very easy fix just modify the time for stabilization and first aid in the AIS setup SQF. You can also increase the wounded icon visible on the battlefield I have about 250 meter for my medic originally it was only 35 meters. You need to look into the effects folder and the fn draw3D SQF.

I have a modified version. That all playable units will never die only stay unconscious the mission ends when all playable units are unconscious. I like to refer to this as last man standing mode. 

Does this script/mod still work?

I tried it and it doesnt work , i created a mission with a just a player squad
Copied the description and ais scriptfile into mission folder (with mission sqf) 

When i shoot down a friendly (yes i know bad) he just die, no uncounscious etc.... (i didnt shot the head, just the legs)

Test mission is working fine (tanoa one)

Yes it still works great. In my opinion is the best revive system out there especially with AI. Ace medical is too complex especially with using AI in your squad. The test mission is only set up for bluefor units. You can set it up whatever side you wanted to work on there's an option to setup  for all units bluefor opfor ind civ but I don't think there's a way you can set it up for only two different factions like bluefor and opfor. I could be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Yes it still works great. In my opinion is the best revive system out there especially with AI. Ace medical is too complex especially with using AI in your squad. The test mission is only set up for bluefor units. You can set it up whatever side you wanted to work on there's an option to setup  for all units bluefor opfor ind civ but I don't think there's a way you can set it up for only two different factions like bluefor and opfor. I could be wrong. 

Well, even set up with only bluefor it doesnt seem to work on my end, i dont see why

I didnt even modify the files from the test mission copy & paste. not working

I'm even trying with full vanilla, no other mods

You're setting something up wrong if the  demo is working you probably don't have some of the additional files in the right place. Are you using the mod version or the script version. There's a version that you can download from steam. I have a modified version of The script that switchable units you'll never die only still unconscious and the mission ends when all playable units are unconscious I like to call it last man standing mode. Most likely you're not selling something upright

1 minute ago, avibird 1 said:

You're setting something up wrong if the text message is working you probably don't have some of the additional files in the right place. Are you using the mod version or the script version. There's a version that you can download from steam. I have a modified version of The script that switchable units you'll never die only still unconscious and the mission ends when all playable units are unconscious I like to call it last man standing mode. Most likely you're not selling something upright

Text message, when starting i dont even have starting message

I use the one from google drive in starting post

Lol read it again I'm driving text to speak sometimes doesn't work. It was supposed to be the demo mission