17 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

My community use this with Unsung and we have no issues with any recent Arma updates.

Ok, I'll have another look at it. 

10 hours ago, lightspeed_aust said:

Ok, I'll have another look at it. 

To go further on what I said, we use it within Zeus based missions, sector control and insurgency based missions. Last Sunday we had 46 players versus several squads of AI run by Zeus and no one reported any issues.

Sorry Roadkill, I just tried this vanilla and the player with FAK and Medikit even in a Medic role, cannot Revive an injured unit.

They can Stabilize but there is no option to Revive afterwards.

There is a menu option to Treat - but of course, you can't Treat until you Revive.

There is also an option to Drag which does work.

Something is broke.

My AIS setup which has always worked up until a couple of weeks ago.

// by Psychobastard
// AIS REVIVE Setup-File

//__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
// v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Main Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v

AIS_REVIVE_INIT_UNITS 		= 	"allUnitsBLUFOR"; // Auto-Init a group of units: "allPlayers" , "allPlayables" , "allUnits", "allUnitsBLUFOR", "allUnitsOPFOR", "allUnitsINDFOR", "allUnitsCIVILIAN"
												// Warning: I didn't recomment to use "allUnits" if you play with a lot of AI units! AIS is mainly created for players and/or their AI group.
AIS_MEDICAL_EDUCATION 		= 	1; 				// Who can revive an unconscious unit? 0 == Everybody, 1 == Everybody with a First Aid Kit or Medkit, 2 == Only Medics (this affects both, AI and players!).
AIS_REVIVE_GUARANTY 		= 	true;			// If true you will fall everytime in uncoscious mode, regardless how strong the impact of damage was.
AIS_MEDEVAC_STATIONS		=	[[]];// Add one or more objects and a radius to activate the medevac feature. If enabled revive is only at this place(s) possible. Empty array means feature is disabled.
												// Syntax: f.e.: [ [myMedevacVehicle, 15], [myMedicTent, 10] ]	--> make sure the variable name is avalible at gamestart. Otherwise call it later in a function.

//__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
//	v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Optional Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v 

AIS_DAMAGE_TOLLERANCE_FACTOR = 	1.2; 				// A higher value means more damage tolerance. 1 is Vanilla. 0.8 mean all damage will reduce to 80% of Vanilla.
AIS_BLEEDOUT_TIME 			= 	150; 			// Basic life time in seconds until the unit bleed out and die.. The real life time depends on the real damage of the unit. (can be less or more time from the basic value)
AIS_REVIVETIME 				= 	30;				// Basic revive time in seconds. The real revive time depends on the real damage of the unit. (can be less or more time from the basic value)
AIS_STABILIZETIME 			= 	20;				// Basic stabilize time in seconds to stop the bleeding of a unconscious unit. The real revive time depends on the real damage of the unit. (can be less or more time from the basic value)
AIS_REVIVE_HEAL 			= 	false;			// If set to true the injured unit get completely healed after the revive. (casual gameplay without a medic)
AIS_TOGGLE_RADIO 			= 	true; 			// If set to true, unconscious players cannot use his TFAR or ACRE radios.
AIS_NO_CHAT 				= 	true; 			// If set to true, a injured player cannot use text chat during he is uncoscious.
AIS_AI_HELP_RADIUS 			= 	50; 			// Number, Radius in metres. Units in this radius will help to revive if no group member is able to revive. Max value is 200 metres.
AIS_DISABLE_RESPAWN_BUTTON	=	30;				// Time in seconds while the respawn button is disabled (Esc Menu). Set to 0 to enable the respawn button everytime.
AIS_DISABLE_FURTHER_DAMAGE	=	false;			// If set to true, an unconcious unit wont become further damage til death. If set to false, an unconcious unit can also die before bleedout timer is over. (f.e. trough near explosions)

//	v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Visual Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v 

AIS_SHOW_UNC_MARKERS	 	=	true; 			// If set to true, a marker will show injured units on the map.
AIS_SHOW_UNC_MESSAGE_TO 	= 	"Group"; 		// "None", "Side", "Group" --> who read the message about wounded units.
AIS_SHOW_UNC_3D_MARKERS 	=	true; 			// If set to true, an in-game visible 3D-icon shows you the position of injured units (within a range of 20 metres and 35 metres for medics).
AIS_IMPACT_EFFECTS 			= 	true; 			// Set to true to enable impact effects. (simple simluation of supressing effects)
AIS_SHOW_COUNTDOWN 			= 	true; 			// If set to true, an unconscious unit will be able to see the bleed out timer.
AIS_SHOW_DIARYINFO 			= 	true; 			// If set to true, a diary entry with some informations about the AIS (Credits, features, How to) is added.

@lightspeed_aust

The reason you're having this issue is cause you need to remove the two brackets on this line:

AIS_MEDEVAC_STATIONS		=	[[]];// Add one or more objects and a radius to activate the medevac feature. If enabled revive is only at this place(s) possible. Empty array means feature is disabled.

That line should be like so:

AIS_MEDEVAC_STATIONS		=	[];// Add one or more objects and a radius to activate the medevac feature. If enabled revive is only at this place(s) possible. Empty array means feature is disabled.

See my post on the previous page, if you leave those two brackets the script will look for a non existant "medevac station" object and thus you will only be able to stabilize.

@R0adki11 During your OPs did you had the script running for AIs as well?

The script works all fine for me except for the AIS_MEDICAL_EDUCATION parameter. I cannot get it to work for AI. I'd like to restrict the revive to "medics only" for both player and AI, but despite the description saying "(this affects both, AI and players!)" , the parameter only seems to affect players, AI will still be able to revive wether or not they are a medic and have the medic trait.

Rest of the script still work nicely, so no big deal I guess.

Edited by praising
forgot to tag names
  • Like 3

Did some more testing with this script trying to get the AIS_Medical_Education parameter to affect AI, still no luck. What I've found out is that regardless of how you set this parameter, AI unit that have AIS loaded will be able to revive other AI if they have a FAK or a MediKit in their inventory. If you remove all of their FAKs and MediKits they won't be able to revive unconscious units though so the workaround to only allow AI medics to revive other AI is to remove all of the medical gear from non medic units.Posting this here in case someone else wants to restrict the revive to AI medics only for mission purpose, as I'm not sure if OP still plans to work on the script or not. I have to say I'm quite amazed at the sturdiness of this script so to speak, I mean I've made quite a few changes to it trying to get the desire effect, not really knowing what I was doing, but it practically never broke, lol

HELLO! I would like there to be a mod version of this script, I like this script but I want it in whole arma 3, like in the campaign or in a cooperative mission

Spoiler

HOLA! me gustarias que isieran una version mod de este script, me gusta este script pero lo quiero en todo el arma 3 ,como en la campaña o en una mision cooperativa

Edited by Dedmen
Translated to english. Keep in mind this forum is english only.
  • Like 1

Hello everyone!

First: Danke @Psychobastard for this script, it is really immersive and far better than the basic vanilla medic-system.

We're currently playing OPEX which uses AIS. We noticed that although it works in SP, AIS doesn't seem to affect AI units in MP. OPEX sets AIS_REVIVE_INIT_UNITS to "allPlayables" (which should work if I understand it correctly) but even after I've changed it to "allUnitsBLUFOR" our AI immediately dies all the time. AIS_REVIVE_GUARANTY is set to "true". They are just getting shot, no serious explosions or something like that. I highly doubt that every killed AI soldier so far has been shot to the head so I suspect something not working.

Is there something else needed to make this work in MP?

Hello gentleman and psycho I've been away from arma for a while and I one issue with AIS. I use MCC in most of my missions. When the mission starts out my company Commander has access to MCC all is good but if I team switch out into a different unit I don't have access (which I should not have access since it's only set up for the commander) but when I switch back to my original unit I don't have access to MCC anymore. This does not happen in any other mission that I have different revive systems in place. 

I can't figure out why this does not work in this is the only mission that it does not work this way. Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciate it avibird

* I forgot pressing the "H" key was required to receive AI assistance.
I haven't been able to get the AI in same group to treat one another or me, using allplayables or allunits[side] and medical_education 1. I've also not been able to get grimes revive working at all recently. Any idea on possible problem causes?

Since "CONTACT" missions don't end when all units are down, as in all players need reviving. a trigger with this in    {alive _x} count playableUnits == {captive _x} count playableUnits;      always  ended the mission when all players were down.

but not any more?

Quick question from someone who's always used ACE medical, if I set AIS_MEDICAL_EDUCATION = 2 so only medics can revive unconscious units, does that require a medkit or first aid kit and are they removed on use?

I assume with that setting all units should carry first aid kits for wounds and those kits are removed on use correct?

does anyone know of a way to get a mission to automatically  end (one that is using Psychorevive), when all players are injured & down, & there is no one uninjured left to be able to Stabilise/First aid . CONCACT update has Broken what previously worked.

Is there mod version? So tired to integrate to every mission we play at our coop server.

On 8/12/2019 at 5:17 PM, jgaz-uk said:

does anyone know of a way to get a mission to automatically  end (one that is using Psychorevive), when all players are injured & down, & there is no one uninjured left to be able to Stabilise/First aid . CONCACT update has Broken what previously worked.

Yes I use a modified BTC revive that I have disabled the bleed out time for any playable switchable units in the mission.

It works great for me. I will post the code snippet when I get home from work today and you can see if you can adjusted to work with his revised script. 

It is definitely possible you just have to fool around with the code but the mission will end  using his revived because he does have a set bleed out time that you can't disable because I asked him already.

@jgaz-uk I am the one usually asking for help so when I can help others it make me full accomplished lol.

place a trigger

under trigger activation

type -lose

activation -none

trigger expression put this code

{!(_x getVariable ["AIS_unconscious", false])} count (playableUnits + switchableUnits) == 0

on activation

"END1" call BIS_fnc_endMissionServer;

That is all you need the mission will end the second all playable units are down !

@Psychobastard

Content Count457 Joined September 29, 2009 Last visited May 8

I don't know if Psychobastard is done with arma he has not been on  since may over 3/12 months. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 5:41 AM, beeper said:

Is there mod version? So tired to integrate to every mission we play at our coop server.

Just create a mission template with all the script needed then copy paste on each new mission

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, damsous said:

Just create a mission template with all the script needed then copy paste on each new mission

I do so already 🙂 but as mod it will be MUCH easer! 

• Like 1

Does anyone else have an issues using mcc4 and team switch. I lose my MCC access after team switch and then back to my original unit. This does not happen to me  with any other mod or script that I use ?

On 9/7/2019 at 1:49 PM, avibird 1 said:

Does anyone else have an issues using mcc4 and team switch. I lose my MCC access after team switch and then back to my original unit. This does not happen to me  with any other mod or script that I use ?

You should ask this on the MMC thread.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to help me with this issue.

The way the script is setup you don't have access to team switch or Zeus when your CURRENT playable units is injured and YOU lose mcc4 access if you use team switch at any point

You are able to use team switch to switch into a injured unit at any point during the game and back to the team switch menu to switch into any unit you want but if you are in a unit who gets injured the access to team switch and Zeus gets disabled. Help please and thank you avibird

If anyone is interested my good friend @Maff found a solution for the issue of MCC4 access disappearing when using team switch and the ability to use team switch when you are injured. (For single player missions and or small group of players for coop missions that want to use AIS). Respawn type number 4 or 5 used and code in playable units init to prevent bleed out timer and trigger to end mission when all playable units are injured. If anybody's interested let me know and I will post codes. Further testing is needed to make sure no other bugs with the changes.

On 9/7/2019 at 2:50 PM, avibird 1 said:

@jgaz-uk I am the one usually asking for help so when I can help others it make me full accomplished lol.

place a trigger

under trigger activation

type -lose

activation -none

trigger expression put this code

{!(_x getVariable ["AIS_unconscious", false])} count (playableUnits + switchableUnits) == 0

on activation

"END1" call BIS_fnc_endMissionServer;

That is all you need the mission will end the second all playable units are down !

@Psychobastard

Content Count457 Joined September 29, 2009 Last visited May 8

I don't know if Psychobastard is done with arma he has not been on  since may over 3/12 months. 

I'll try that. The thing is it seems to have started working again weird or what?

@JGaz I don't have issues with 

AIS script with the the code above works perfectly but I have had some issues with some other triggers not working since contact update.