19 hours ago, Psychobastard said:

Good to hear it worked so far for you. But i cant help you at this point with your problem cause i dont know how the ace interacting system is working. I believe in a conflict with some eventhandlers. Cause the AIS action handling is also working with some eventhandlers. So - no idea at this point - sorry. :eh:

Yeah I think that's likely where the issue is, I'll have to do some digging.  If I do happen to come up with a solution I'll post it here.  In any event, this is a great system.

@Psychobastard  I got it sorted.  Ace (w/o medical pbo files) and AIS seem like they're playing nicely.  Going to run a few tests with my group tonight.  I swear I'd tried this solution but I probably did something dumb somewhere while I was messing with it before.

All I did was change any relevant ace_main checks to ace_medical, and that would let me have Ace and AIS running at the same time, but to fix the missing interaction menus I removed the following from AIS/Core/fn_preinit.sqf.

removeAllMissionEventHandlers "Draw3D";

That's what was preventing the ace interaction menu from working as the Ace interaction menu uses that event handler.  I know there are a few groups that use ACE without the medical system so if any of them come asking about how to get AIS and that Ace subset to play nicely this should work for them.

As always, thanks for the scripts!

Update:  There are a few things that I haven't bothered to deal with like being able to use the ace menu while down (leads to being able to do ace things like set explosives while down, which is morbidly funny at times) but overall it works pretty well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah you got it. And now as you are talking about i can remeber in this problem (and your solution) again with ace interacting. My fault - solution is realy this code line you have removed.

I will take care of your solution to have working it with ace in a further release. It's no solution for casual players but will work fine for teams like yours when they know what they are doing.

regards

R E L E A S E -  new version 30072018

Changelog:

fixed - initial misssion eventhandler breakdown (can break 3rd party mods)
fixed - "Medic only revive" option have no effect
fixed - animation issue if no primary weapon is selected when starting the carry animation
fixed - TFAR speaching doesnt enabled again after a reivive
fixed - AI soldiers didnt pull out the wounded everytime while they want to help him
fixed - possibility to trigger some actions from any distance
fixed - unconscious driver was able to drive a vehicle
fixed - unbind "wepon on back" (or any other weapon changes) during unconcious state to avoid player can walk around
changed - some minor improvements in all animation handlings
changed - AIS can now work with ACE together as long as ACE_medical isnt present
changed - unconscious markers are only for the same faction visible
added: notification when a player shoot down another player (user wish)
added: simple score system (user wish)
added: option to disable the possiblity that unconcious units can die before the bleedout timer is gone (f.e. by near explosions) (user wish)

Gdrive, Armaholic and steam are already up to date.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hey Psycho,

I took the new version from Armaholic and updated a couple of missions I'm working on. I did some testing today and I'm not getting the addaction for "carry" anymore. I know I'm using the updated version because I notice the addition of "AIS_DISABLE_FURTHER_DAMAGE" in the setup file that I didn't have before. My previous version was from March. If I'm missing something please let me know. Thanks for this great script by the way!

Found that it is now available once you are in the drag animation.

Edited by 4-325Ranger

Always use your revive far far better than the Default!  One request is it possible to be able to look around while healing, so as to be able to know when, or if you have to break off (press Esc) to defend yourself.

Many thanks for excellent work.

Hey, its not possible and its wanted. First you have to find a safe position. (drag the wounded guy) A medic have to concentrate 100% on threating the wounds and cant look around during this process. ;)

I think (I'll double check) in one of your earlier versions from 2014 with the "ais_injury" the medic could look around as he healed & press S to break off if needed. Is that not possible in latest?

Yes, but since version from 2017 i have changed the behavour. You can stop the process by press Esc. but not look around.

regards

Hi Psychobastard,

THX for your implementation of a score system! :icon_dj:

added: simple score system (user wish)

Does this mean I automatically rise the default BIS mission score if I revive someone? I tried that, but don't seem to get positive rating points for the revives.

Or do I have to call some function with init.sqf or other ways in order to make the score system work?

THX  in advance for your patience & tips! 

• Like 1

Hello Psycho!

I have the system set to Blufor only but it only alerts me of ai injuries in my squad.  Im running TPW Skirmish and the Ravage AI module (no zombies) to create a random encounter asymmetric battle scenario. None of the TPW Skirmish Blufor AI show up as injuries alerts on map, they are random spawns that take place after the missions start.

I had kind of hoped to be able to play as a combat rescue kinda thing and save dudes while getting some shooting in haha.

Awesome reliable sysem btw, love it!

• Like 1

@Zakuaz: I use AIS in all my RAVAGE missions, some of which additonally use ALIVE or Spyder Addons for spawning units. If you want ALL BLUFOR units to be handled by AIS, you need to call a code in the mission's description.ext.

Before you can do that, create a file called "ais_spawn.sqf" (without the " " ofc) or whatever name you see fit.  Inside this file, copy-paste the following code:

private "_this";
_this = _this select 0;

if ((side _this == west) and (!isPlayer _this)) then {
  [_this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS
};

Then you need to call this "ais_spawn.sqf" from your mission's description.ext:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
 class Man {
  init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'ais_spawn.sqf')";
 };
};

There may be other possibilities to do that, but this system (compilation of helpful tips and code examples from the AIS dev and the ALIVE devs) has worked perfectly for me in various different missions and for units spawned by different systems/scripts as long as they are BLUFOR side.

Kind Regards & Good luck with your Medic Mission

tourist

• Like 3

is there someone who packed this script to addon or maybe official version?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sammael said:

Not a bad little idea there @sammael

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sammael said:

Not that I know of. Most of AIS runs client side (at least I remember reading that) so it could be pretty easy to do this. The other code for server would be is in it's own PBO or together in one PBO with isServer check, etc...

On 8.9.2018 at 10:11 AM, Zakuaz said:

Hello Psycho!

I have the system set to Blufor only but it only alerts me of ai injuries in my squad.  Im running TPW Skirmish and the Ravage AI module (no zombies) to create a random encounter asymmetric battle scenario. None of the TPW Skirmish Blufor AI show up as injuries alerts on map, they are random spawns that take place after the missions start.

I had kind of hoped to be able to play as a combat rescue kinda thing and save dudes while getting some shooting in haha.

Awesome reliable sysem btw, love it!

You have to set AIS_SHOW_UNC_MESSAGE_TO to "Side" in the setup file. (case sensitive)

regards

On 2.9.2018 at 1:56 AM, tourist said:

Hi Psychobastard,

THX for your implementation of a score system! :icon_dj:

Does this mean I automatically rise the default BIS mission score if I revive someone? I tried that, but don't seem to get positive rating points for the revives.

Or do I have to call some function with init.sqf or other ways in order to make the score system work?

THX  in advance for your patience & tips! 

Hey,

no further scripting is needed. Wanted behaviour is:

- You will get a score point for shooting other soldiers (to dead or unconscious state)

- You will get a score point for revive a soldier

Looks like a localization issue. You can try the following step to get points for the revive action working:

Open file AIS/System/fn_Revive.sqf and change line 66 from

[_healer, 1] remoteExec ["addScore", 2];

to

[player, 1] remoteExec ["addScore", 2];

regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Psychobastard
I can't for the life of me get A3 working with spawned AI by Spyder Addons AI recruitment.

I added this to my description.ext:

class Man {
init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'spawneda3.sqf')";
};
};

I created a spawneda3.sqf with one line of code

[_unit] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;

It doesn't appear to do the job. Spawned AI still don't use medical.

All I want is my spyder addons AI to have medical. If you are willing to share your setup I'd appreciate it.

As far as an error I've encountered...was asked to post it here... there isn't much details
Downloaded from Armaholic. Sqf error.

fn_handledamage.sqf line 187. Number expected.

Error when mission first loads up. Not sure why. Looked at that line of code and couldn't figure it out.

Something about line 187 in the .sqf mentioned is tossing up an error. It doesn't prevent me from using A3 as far as I can tell.

On 13/09/2018 at 1:09 PM, holyorangejuice said:

@Psychobastard
I can't for the life of me get A3 working with spawned AI by Spyder Addons AI recruitment.

I added this to my description.ext:

class Man {
init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'spawneda3.sqf')";
};
};

I created a spawneda3.sqf with one line of code

[_unit] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS;

It doesn't appear to do the job. Spawned AI still don't use medical.

All I want is my spyder addons AI to have medical. If you are willing to share your setup I'd appreciate it.

As far as an error I've encountered...was asked to post it here... there isn't much details
Downloaded from Armaholic. Sqf error.

fn_handledamage.sqf line 187. Number expected.

Error when mission first loads up. Not sure why. Looked at that line of code and couldn't figure it out.

Something about line 187 in the .sqf mentioned is tossing up an error. It doesn't prevent me from using A3 as far as I can tell.

Im no scripter but with recruited or spawned units I use the following

[_this] call AIS_System_fnc_loadAIS and I was pretty sure using spyders addons you can add that straight into the init

Hello psychobastard,

I do not know how familiar you are with "KP liberation - Atlas" this is essentially a Capture the Island mission. I am trying to implement this mod into the CTI mod but there are some difficulties. When I get shot I get 'incapacitated' and then it states 'Injured'. So when I press H to get my medic to come and revive me they go through the animation but for some reason I am still incapacitated. Do you have any idea why that is? maybe I did not turn off vanilla revive (I dont really know how to do that) even though in the CTI mission parameters I instructed the game to turn it off. Thank you for your time.

@Psychobastard Would it be possible to add a paramater to the settings file that could change the level of medical knowledge needed to heal based on side?

I'd like to simulate every US soldier being able to administer simple first aid to downed units, whereas the insurgents I'm facing, I'd like only the medics on their side to be able to pick people up.

Any assistance would be appreciated!