Hello,

you will find the answer of your question in the documentation.

regards

:down: yeah I guess I just did. For some reason, the doc was missing in my folder and I forgot there was one. I re-downloaded and all's there.

Just now decided to use this system and it is awesome.

One request.

Anyway to have a menu option to have your AI team mates autoheal within a certain distance say 250.

For example, Ive got 4 AI in my group, all have a IFAK or med kit and one is a medic. I can select all and choose autoheal. We get into a firefight and I or some other mates get hit and go incapacitated. Any other AI or the medic make it a priority to get each other or myself up.

I read in the manual about an H or Heal button. If this does the same thing, disregard.

If not, it would be a nice feature to have.

Sincerely,

Reed

Hello,

the H-button is not the same. You can press the H button to make a shoud out that other players around hear you. If no player is a around (but AI) the AI get the command to help/heal you. But dont press it if your body is in enemys fire line. (otherwise AI will run blind into the enemys fire)

Normal healing order get to the medic first (if present). If medic is not present the script system is searching for the closest next group member.

regrads

• Like 1

Excellent.

Another question,

How would I get the AI bodies to remain after they have died so I can still loot them and have the player bodies deleted or removed?

I am trying to get the players to never die or at least have a 5-10min bleed out, so that teammates and other AI can stabilize and then revive.

However, If an AI gets incapacitated, I want them to bleedout like normally and there body stays.

@Psychobastard

Hello dude, brilliant script got it working in my mission quickly.

I noticed that in a TvT both sides can see the injured markers. Is there any way to restrict the markers to each side? If it needs parts of the script altering I'd be happy to look at it myself if you could let me know which parts need changing.

Thanks

@Psychobastard

I have gotten back into ARMA after a break. I started using your script and really like it. I have been tinkering under the hood to make your script and BIS respawn system play nice together. I tend to make revive only mission but once in awhile I will use respawn.

I found a number of issues with BIS respawn and your script. mainly losing primary weapon and launcher weapon also losing all your FAKs upon respawn.  I have most of the problems worked out. I am using  "call BIS_fnc_loadInventory" and "call BIS_fnc_saveInventory". Putting these in either eventhandlers or onplayerrespawn.sqf/onplayerdeath.sqf was not working. I had to open your scripts and put it in your code. Something would randomly cause the primary weapon and launcher to not be in inventory upon respawn.

couple of things

-is there an easier way to keep a player that is in unconscious  state from taking any damage. I made a work around adjusting some of your code.  The reason is most missions I make and even play are small groups 2-6 players, no respawn. I know this is not realistic but sucks to be half way through a mission and someone goes into spectator mode and has to wait until mission is finished or restarted to play again. At least stuck in unconscious state there is a chance to revive them and keep them in the game.

-can you give medics a speed multiplier when doing stabilize and revive compared to a regular non trained soldier. (trying to give medics special perks for being a medic)

-playing smaller missions we may only have one medic, so everyone gets the ability to revive, but not heal another player to full health.

-can you make revive consume a FAK(at least an option to use up a FAK), unless you are a medic and have a medkit (trying to give medics special perks for being a medic)

-when a player is forced to respawn, delete their corpse, again I made a workaround for this adjusting some code 

Thanks for all your hard work. Appreciate anything you can do.

15 hours ago, nomadd said:

couple of things

-is there an easier way to keep a player that is in unconscious  state from taking any damage. I made a work around adjusting some of your code.  The reason is most missions I make and even play are small groups 2-6 players, no respawn. I know this is not realistic but sucks to be half way through a mission and someone goes into spectator mode and has to wait until mission is finished or restarted to play again. At least stuck in

unconscious state there is a chance to revive them and keep them in the game.

Did you try increasing the bleedout timer? To say something like 15 minutes? 900s is pretty long and should be sufficient to gather any wounded team members.

-can you give medics a speed multiplier when doing stabilize and revive compared to a regular non trained soldier. (trying to give medics special perks for being a medic)

No, this is part of the vanilla system. If you want such a feature you would have to add it yourself to the script (or maybe this will be a feature in a future version?). Adding an additional revivetime and stabilizetime for units with the medic trait should be possible.

-can you make revive consume a FAK(at least an option to use up a FAK), unless you are a medic and have a medkit (trying to give medics special perks for being a medic)

If you really want to give medics special perks, set it to only units with a medpack can revive.  Everyone else still can stabilize though (stopping bleedout). It's either that or let everyone revive no matter if he has a FAK or medkit.

is there an easier way to keep a player that is in unconscious  state from taking any damage.

As long as the player is unconscious he should not take any further damage. If a downed unit decides to crawl while wounded, he may get fatally shot.

@nomadd

To prevent that a unit get damage during unconcious mode you have to set up a lot of things in the handledamage script. Their is already a protector-delay of 6 seconds for some design reasons set.

Medics have already a multiplier for every action. (150%)

You want to stop the FAK consum for regular soldiers but want also a medic with special perks - there is a opposition in your design idea. :)

@Jnr4817

No body removal is included in AIS. (exclude the example file)

@listerofsmee

Open the file AIS/System/fn_unconcsiousRemote.sqf and change line 38 to the following code:

if (AIS_SHOW_UNC_MARKERS && {side _unit isEqualTo playerSide}) then {

Thanks for draw my attention to this issue - had changed it in my own version and will be standard for upcoming versions.

regards

thanks for the replys

@lucio

Did you try increasing the bleedout timer? To say something like 15 minutes? 900s is pretty long and should be sufficient to gather any wounded team members.

yes I did, even used the variable to set indefinite bleed out, tested against AI and another player on hosted server.  Unit goes in unconscious state, still on back does not roll over to shoot. Bleed out timer makes no difference, shoot them a couple of times and they die

@Psychobastard

Medics have already a multiplier for every action. (150%)

Thanks i didn't realize this

@Psychobastard

You want to stop the FAK consum for regular soldiers but want also a medic with special perks - there is a opposition in your design idea. :)

I guess I didnt explain what I meant. I want everyone who is doing a revive , if they are using FAKs, to consume a FAK. Medics will usually carry a medkit. The trade off being medics give up ammo/grenades etc to carry the medkit so with it they get unlimited revives and heals. Non medics will use up FAKs  on revives and heals. So they are limited by what they can carry. 

@lucio

If you really want to give medics special perks, set it to only units with a medpack can revive.  Everyone else still can stabilize though (stopping bleedout). It's either that or let everyone revive no matter if he has a FAK or medkit.

that is the problem. I play with a small group of friends. Everyone needs the ability to revive but only medics can heal another unit to full.

Was just asking about the FAK consumption. I understand it would probably take more work than it is worth. I did figure out the about primary weapon disappearance on respawn. Happens also with BIS built in revive. Something to do with being in an unconscious state waiting for revive but clicking the respawn button/or being killed in an unconscious state. Using a "killed" eventhandler to save "loadout"  and then load "loadout" on respawn.  Found other posts on it. I made a work around until/if BIS can straighten it out.

• Like 1

The FAK consumption is not handled by the AIS Revive. Its normal vanilla content. If you want to stop it you have to find a ssolution by your own or find an exisiting solution. (maybe someone else before you had made a similar script)

regards

Hey @Psychobastard love this script works very well.

Was just wondering if its possible or is there a way to stop when a player is healed we stand up and place our gun on shoulder usually meaning we get shot again in combat zone. Not sure if its BI thing or not.

Cheers 

Hi.

Please look in to fn_loadAISlocalToPlayer.sqf at bottom there are something very strange.

0:16:03 Error in expression <this call AIS_System_fnc_handleHeal}];

_x removeAllEventHandlers "HandleHeal";
>
 0:16:03   Error position: <_x removeAllEventHandlers "HandleHeal";
>
 0:16:03   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
 0:16:03 File AIS\System\fn_loadAISlocalToPlayer.sqf [AIS_System_fnc_loadAISlocalToPlayer], line 41

In reward I would take please two ai unit variables when healing somebody and when waiting for being healed

I am creating ai squad complex system for my project and need these variables to  prevent wounded ai to do some stuff like rearm.

BTW player can still stand up and running around while wounded by resting weapon and pressing stand-up key after that. Possible only if no bipod attached to gun.

Very special. I am sure you are able to do it by your own. ;)

Im very corious about your project, sounds interesting. Good luck!

regards

Hi - I get an error script functions\controlsBackground\fn_Background.sqf not found - I cannot find anything in the files that direct to this path and I cannot find the files either.

REALLY LOVE THIS MOD! We are currently testing on our Public PVP/Coop Servers. Everything works great! Only two minor issues we're having. No Killfeed showing opfor/blufor  kill messages. So, added a killfeed script to the server. Other thing is i'm looking in the fn_stabilize.sqf for the medic uninjured timer? "(stabilized unit stop to bleed and cant die trough the revive timer.)" We want the medic to be just as vulnerable as all the other players. How do I adjust this? Thanks so much for your Work! ~Cheers~ [APX]_Kilo_

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Thought someone could help me here? I have installed this system on my server, which I am loving at the moment. But any ideas how to increase the tolerance just for fall damage. I don't want to change the overall damage tolerance as I have this just right. Was just wondering if somewhere in the configs there was a place I could alter the tolerance to fall damage as atm I fall from 2 meters and go into the wounded system

Thanks for any advice in advance

Regards,

Nathan

On 2/21/2018 at 7:53 PM, Nathan Baker said:

Hi all,

Thought someone could help me here? I have installed this system on my server, which I am loving at the moment. But any ideas how to increase the tolerance just for fall damage. I don't want to change the overall damage tolerance as I have this just right. Was just wondering if somewhere in the configs there was a place I could alter the tolerance to fall damage as atm I fall from 2 meters and go into the wounded system

Thanks for any advice in advance

Regards,

Nathan

Any ideas?

@Psychobastard I have not used or looked at your script in a long time love the many updates and work you have put into it. With that said I was looking into the files and I was wondering is there a way NOT to allow the incapacitated units (players) to be able to crawl or shoot their weapons and take additional damage to be killed. I all ready used your code to prevent bleed out of all my playable units.  I have a trigger set to end the mission when all playable units are in the incapacitated status. I love the visuals when you are down but don't want the units to move away from the location on they own.

If anyone knows the answer to this. It would be greatly appreciate Avibird

It's not directly possible to prevent this behaviour. But you can block the keys which are need to crawl around. (wasd) The function to block keys is already inside and active while a player is uncoscious. You simply have to to add the right keyCode or action name.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/inputAction/actions

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

regards

Ok thanks will look into it but what about the ability to not allow death while incapacitated or the ability to use team switch when incapacitated. Right now with your script you can't use TeamSpeak after you've been incapacitated and you can still die if get shot again can that be modified or altered in your script thank you