Yes, you're right, @tourist, playing absolutely vanilla I can confirm what you say: When selecting Carry, the player's character will get stuck until you press forward, only then the lifting-up animation will start. It doesn't matter how long you wait until pressing forward. Even if the injured one has already finished his animation and is on the player's shoulder already, the carrier will only start his anim when pressing the key. And after that, yes, the player can move.

Expected behaviour would be that the player immediately plays the lift-up anim in any case and synchronized with the wounded.

With certain mods like e.g. MOCAP Melee the animation won't start at all, no matter if the player presses whatever key or not.

@M1ke_SK, you sure that it's completely stuck in vanilla? Did you try to press forward after it gets stuck? 

5 hours ago, Undeceived said:

@M1ke_SK, you sure that it's completely stuck in vanilla? Did you try to press forward after it gets stuck? 

I was talking about that animation is not smooth, as you put victim on your shoulders with "jedi" power levitating him in air, and after that player will start animation of picking up victim already in air.

Those 2 animations should go simultaneously, not separated.

@Psychobastard I've noticed that even when I put AIS_REVIVE_GUARANTY         =     true;  I can (and other AI) can still be killed by a grenade.  Is there a way to avoid this and only set them unconscious ?

Also the init only works with AI (or players) that were spawned at the start of the mission.  How would you recommend we add AIS onto AI that are spawned on the fly ?

Should missions with older versions of this still work okay with the current version of Arma 3?

Keep on reporting. But i cant check or fix something at the moment. (didnt have time for it in summer month)

I will check the animation issue as soon as i can.

regards

• Like 1

I think that even with revive guarantee on my AI are bleeding out.  To avoid that it would be good to have revive guarantee to stop bleeding as well (or even dying from blasts etc).  I've been able to find the places in the scripts and it seems to work, but obviously isn't the right way of doing it.  Have a good summer holiday !

• Like 1

Just wanted to share my experience with AIS and two popular spawning systems:

1) RAVAGE Ambient AI: this works out-of-the-box as in "No additional code necessary other than standard AIS installation".  All the settings in AIS_Setup.sqf are automatically transferred to the side that you choose. 

2) ALiVE Virtualized AI both pre-placed in Editor AND spawned by placement modules:  while the Editor pre-placed units work right away, you have to do some more coding for the units who spawn via ALiVE modules dynamically.  Details are in the respective thread in ALiVE forums:

http://alivemod.com/forum/3093-a3-wounding-system-with-alive 

Have tested both spawning systems in my own missions on dedicated server & works great!

• Like 2

Great script Psycho thanks for your time!

So how do you go about not using a medevac station to do a revive? I tried leaving the array blank but still got no option for revive. Thanks!

I did a quick search and the forums didn't say anything but, has anyone seen where someone is downed and they disconnect the marker does not go away? I would think the marker would go away once they disconnect.

Also, is there a way to consume a FAK when the use the heal after the stabilize?

Thanks!

Also,

It seems that if you get shot(downed but not killed) in a pilot/driver seat you can still drive/fly. is this supposed to be like that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psychobastard said:

Not mentioned. Will change this in the next update.

Thanks @Psychobastard!

Edit: Any insight on my first message?

Yes, its easy to set a FAK consumed after a stabilize action. But its not wanted from me cause you need the FAK's after the revive action to heal the wounded. This will end up in a consumtion of two FAK's if a regular soldier will stabilize/revive/heal a wounded mate. It's to mutch in my opinion.

regards

• Like 1

@Psychobastard and @Kopaka89:

How about keeping the stabilize action "free" or "non-ressource-consuming" as is, but create an option in AIS to choose if in addition to the use of 1 FAK for healing, also the revive action costs 1 FAK?

AND/OR you could still have an unlimited amount of reviving and healing if you have the BIS Medikit?  That way, the soldier in the field can still stabilize any comrade with just 1 FAK in inventory, revive him if there is no medic near, but most of the times due to lack of FAK's after the revive NOT heal him up.  And that way, the medics would play a more important and dedicated role because they carry less ammo, but instead the BIS Medikit which takes so much inventory space. 

Or if the medics are squad level combat first responders who are in the fight themselves, they would carry several FAK's instead of 1 Medikit to allow them more ammo, and then would need to watch their FAK supplies more carefully. 

Just a few ideas, in general I do highly praise AIS "as-is" being already more convenient and more balanced between realism and gameplay fun then any other medical system.  So options yes, but no forced using up of the FAK's

Kind Regards

tourist

• Like 3

@Psychobastard I've encountered a strange situation.  Firstly everything works perfect for groups of AI (either in or not in my group).  My group will revive me, allow me to send my AI to revive.  Other groups will revive eachother.  Here is where the problem is, and I hope you can sort it.

I'm only allowing BLUFOR to be healed btw.  Last night I had 3 groups - mine (4 soldiers with no medic), fire team (with a medic) and one single AI on their own.  I shot one of my guys, and was able to revive him (or get him revived by command).  I shot one of the other fireteam and they revived the downed AI.  I shot the single AI and noone went to his aid :(  Poor chap!

Would it be possible to have a check for non grouped single AI to be revived by 'close' groups (especially medics if available) ?

Cheers mate.  LOVING AIS !  It has really spiced up my gameplay (and is even MORE important with IDAP on the way!)

@psychobastard

Thanks for a this great script it is becoming a standard in our missions.

Is there a way to detect when all all playable units are incapacitated? By that, I mean when all playable unit are injured and no one can be revived/healed etc.

I would like to be able to detect this to trigger an end scene.

@taskmaster065

This code will give you TRUE if nobody is able to help somebody else.

({!alive _x || {_x getVariable ["AIS_unconscious", false]}} count playableUnits) >= (count playableUnits)

regards

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Psychobastard said:

@taskmaster065

This code will give you TRUE if nobody is able to help somebody else.

({!alive _x || {_x getVariable ["AIS_unconscious", false]}} count playableUnits) >= (count playableUnits)

regards

Thanks again.

Implemented this today and it works.

Might be a dumb question but I'd like to ask:

For AIS_DAMAGE_TOLLERANCE_FACTOR, it says "A higher value means more damage tolerance. 1 is Vanilla. 0.8 mean all damage will reduce to 80% of Vanilla.". 

Could you clarify it, wouldn't 0.8 reducing the damage to 80% means you have more tolerance, so a lower value would mean more damage tolerance? Also, is there a max value?

Realy a bit confusing explanation. Maybe i have to change it: (?)

For AIS_DAMAGE_TOLLERANCE_FACTOR, it says "A higher value means more damage tolerance. 1 is Vanilla. 0.8 mean the damage tolerance is reduced to 80% of vanilla."

Is it more a appreciable explanation?

regards

Ok that makes alot more sense, thanks! 

One last question, is there a max value?

Some feedback maybe?

I see you constantly update your system which is the best revive system for arma3

That's good.

Unfortunately there are some flaws and shortcomings.

1. Big issues with animations synchronisation between player being carried and player carrying while using carrying .

2.Wounded player can stand up and walking around, what you need do to get this possibility is  turn over and rest your gun. Now you can stand up and walk.

3. Its also happens that's player running around with incapacitated player stacked to his legs.

Thx for this bug reports - take it to my list...

regards