@Dogmeat86Thx for reporting this. Will have a look for it.

@CptDezusa yes, empty array is needed: AIS_MEDEVAC_STATIONS        =    [];

@all: someone out there who want to help me by writing the documentation? Need a english speaking guy who read the documentation (round about 10 pages) and check it for grammar errors. (english is not my language :) )

regards

• Like 1

@Psychobastard:

tested some more in Editor and SP and have come across one possible bug and one, well, little mix of bug and feature request...:f:

1) Bug:

• If I set AIS_MEDICAL_EDUCATION= 2 (Only Medics)  and then place a BIS Combat Life Saver as player unit, I can't revive unconscious units. The MEDEVAC array is empty.   
  • If I set AIS_MEDICAL_EDUCATION= 1 (Everybody with a First Aid Kit or Medkit) but fill the array for MEDEVAC locations with some named objects, it works  fine as in everybody can revive if near that MEDEVAC.

So setting a MEDEVAC works, but setting revive to be possible by medics only doesn't work for me.

2) Feature request/possible bug:

• For a specific mission which has this as storyline, I wanted a unit to be unconscious at mission start.  So I set it's health low and since that didn't work, put this in it's INIT field: this setVariable ["ais_unconscious",true]; 
  • It worked as intended regarding the unconsciousness. I also could stabilize, then revive the unit. 
  • Now with the setting that revive doesn't heal, I chose the option to heal that unit - and killed him by doing so!  That doesn't happen with a unit that gets wounded during the mission.  These I can stabilize, revive and heal without problems. 

Best Regards & I hope that is a useful report for you

tourist

Thx for reporting. Will check this Combat Life Savers config. (cause AIS check unit config for a specific param) Maybe this config isn't correct.

@Feature request:

This feature is implemented. Use this function to set a unit manual in unconscious mode:

[_unit] call AIS_System_fnc_setUnconscious;

Don't set simply the variable. Some important functions won't fire if you set this variable manual. ais_unconscious is a read only variable. More informations come with the documentation. (wip = 70%)

regards

• Like 1

Hi,

THX for the info regarding unconscious units! :thumb: 

Meanwhile I found another little oddity:  If a player unit has only a pistol or has rifle and pistol, but the pistol is equipped when approaching an unconscious comrade, then dragging works without problems.  But as soon as a player unit equipped in such a way starts the carry, he gets stuck - can't move anymore even though the "loading onto back" animation has finished.  It can be solved by releasing the wounded, then choosing "drag" again.  If from the dragging animation a second time "release" is chosen, all is well again. 

Keep on Rocking!!!

• Like 1

When are you going to release the new beta version ? And also is it a fix for the cursor and scroll bar disappearing on the beta soon. :)

Script working great!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CptDezusa said:

When are you going to release the new beta version ? And also is it a fix for the cursor and scroll bar disappearing on the beta soon. :)

Maybe next week. To much work this week to do. :(

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 1:29 PM, Psychobastard said:

Here we go!

It's the first (unofficial) release of the complete rewrite and overall change of the most.

Why it's not official? --> I still work on some small things. Also there is missing a readme or some deeper instructions. I will write a small manual for the official release with informations and instructions for user, mission designer and a part for mission designer with more knowledge of scripting. Cause for now i will also support some public functions and variables to make it easier to integrate the AIS in generic missions too.

The new version isnt compatible with the actual one. Everything has changed. The most informations at this time you can get from the included Setup file. I release this version at this moment to get the first feedback from the community. If you are interested at the new AIS simply open the .pbo and have a look.

The beta release come with a small mission (5 min gameplay) which will show you you the most important new features. (You have to secure and evacuate a wounded soldier to a med evac point)

http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22986/Wounding System - BETA.7z

You can use this version already in your missions from now. The full release will be compatible with this beta release. But do it only if you know what you do without a documentation. ;) But i believe the setup is simple!

Looking forward for your feedback and reporting of issues or ideas.

Have fun!

regards

One question though, I see that when the missions starts you can set it turn the ais on for ai as well. What about spawning in new ai? Before I could use the execVM init_ais.sqf when I recruited a new AI. Is that ability still available. I looked for it but didn't see a way to add the functions to a newly created AI.

If I use fn_aisInitHost.sqf it looks like it partially works (or I am missing something). However, the ai won't heal other AI automatically.

_classname createUnit [_pos, _grp,"this addMPEventHandler [""MPKilled"", {_this spawn kill_manager}]; [this, units (group this)] execVM ""ais_injury\init_ais.sqf"";", 0.5, "private"];
        build_confirmed = 0;

Its implemented and easier as before. Wait for documentation. Regards

• Like 1

so can i use the beta version now `? wan i use it for some time back i got this problem after i get revive the cursor or the middle button disappeared on me, is this fixt ?

Hello Psycho

Would you have any idea why this script would not work 100% (infact only works about 10%) of the time when i also run Bcombat AI overhaul mod?

It took a while to figure out why this script wasnt working for me again,then i narrowed it down to Bcombat.

Bcombat has a in depth user config to tweak things,which i am testing now by turning some features off here and there to see if i can make it play nice together.Im wondering if you or anyone who uses both has a solution or any ideas.And has anyone used both succesfully?

thanks

PS also should mention its working 100% for player just not AI

Hello,

i dont know this AI modification, so i dont know whats the reason for. Every AI mod will change the behavor in unknown ways which will everytime have a impact of another AI handling systems. (bad impact among each other)

Global information:

- documentation is finished (big thx to @lukio)

- last finish for scripts in CW23 (check com-feedback)

- release CW24

- summer :-P

regards

• Like 4

bCombat is wonderful but hasn't been updated for quite a while. 

7 hours ago, redarmy said:

Hello Psycho

Would you have any idea why this script would not work 100% (infact only works about 10%) of the time when i also run Bcombat AI overhaul mod?

It took a while to figure out why this script wasnt working for me again,then i narrowed it down to Bcombat.

Bcombat has a in depth user config to tweak things,which i am testing now by turning some features off here and there to see if i can make it play nice together.Im wondering if you or anyone who uses both has a solution or any ideas.And has anyone used both succesfully?

thanks

PS also should mention its working 100% for player just not AI

Definitely working for player...not working with AI unless you give them the command to heal that soldier. Even then, not 100% working for me.

Just now, sowens said:

Definitely working for player...not working with AI unless you give them the command to heal that soldier. Even then, not 100% working for me.

I turned off bcombat features one by one to find the issue,nothing worked.

it must run alot of scripts and interfere with this script at the same time this script is doing its thing.unfortunate but iv reverted to vanilla AI for now.

this revive is essential.I still cant beleive BIS never made a SP revive.

thanks again psycho

@Psychobastard

I temporarily fixed it by going into fn_allowRevive.sqf and changing

_is_able_to_do = switch (AIS_MEDICAL_EDUCATION) do {
    case (0) : {true};
    case (1) : {(items player) find "FirstAidKit" > -1 || {(items player) find "Medikit" > -1}};
    case (2) : {_healer call AIS_System_fnc_isMedic};
    default {true};
};

into 

_is_able_to_do = switch (AIS_MEDICAL_EDUCATION) do {
    case (0) : {true};
    case (1) : {(items player) find "FirstAidKit" > -1 || {(items player) find "Medikit" > -1}};
    case (2) : {player getUnitTrait "Medic";};
    default {true};
};

A dirty hack and it circumvents your intent of delegating that logic to AIS_System_fnc_isMedic, but I'm not a good enough ARMA dev to figure out another solution.

• Like 1

I found another bug. 

TFR correctly disables when down. But the radios are still not able to be used after the unit is recovered.

• Like 1

Hey @Psychobastardgreat mod! :D

I was testing only solo for now, and i have little suggestions to make this mod perfect (for me ;) ):

1. Is it possible to lock player rotation when he is in agony? I can rotate like as fast as i can when im down, what looks off for me.

2. I would love to see in mod settings time to revive for each class (medic or not), possibility to shoot in agony, move etc.

Keep up good work! :D

• Like 1

Is there a way to enable team switching? I like to keep it as an option for a quick way for the player to deal with ai pathfinding issues.

@Psychobastard: You have stated that release is planned for CW 24 and that you have the documentation finished.  Just in case that this specific coding task  is not considered in the documentation, I'd like to ask:

How I could check (with a trigger or a script) the number of successful AIS revives a medic has done during a mission? 

Ya know, so I can reward them with different mission end screens depending on how many comrades they have saved in battle...

Best Regards,

tourist

• Like 1

Release! First page was updated with the download sources.

Also steam comes up as a new source.

Changes:

- documentation added

- fixed: ACRE wasnt enabled again after a revive

- fixed: animation issue without main gun while start carry action

- fixed: medic only option has no effect

- tweaked: some minor improvements in animation handling

Issue with missing scroll down actions after revive:

I cant reproduce this issue. Maybe the player dont know enough about the units around them after a revive. So i added a reveal function which trigger after the revive local. We will see if it will change something.

You can find the documentation separate here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7qmUXIuDcS9M0JfVHNwUVlTZ0U

regards

• Like 5

Such a nice day)

any plans about mod version? 

:icon_biggrin: