This isnt a mod, its a script for mission designer. And it makes no sence to make it compatible cause ace have his own medic system.

regards

I think I have everything installed fine. However when an AI heals my player after them being incapacitated it results in some weird things. The countdown jumps from around 280 to 480 and the player is able to stand up and walk around. However the player can still not reload or open the inventory. I can't imagine this is working as intended, may just be for me. Dug through the code to try and figure out what is going on but I seem to be partially transitioning from agony to healthy. I have some functionality like walking, however the visual effects retain and I can still press H to ask for help, although no AI will give it.

Mod/script is great, thanks so much.

Edit: Tested on a completely vanilla launch. Problem still occurs with no differences. Further testing reveals that this only occurs if the player moves after going into agony but before being healed.

I don't know, maybe it was working the whole time.

Edit: Okay got it, it wasn't working for me because I was using 

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});  // execute for every playable unit

so AIS wasn't getting initialized for any of the AI so they didn't know how to heal me. Switched to this, 

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player);  // only own group - you cant help strange group members	

in the init. I'm a silly man. 

Edit: Okay this time I think I found a bug for real. After being downed and rolling over to shoot and crawl, if the player presses C to stabilize and deploy the gun they will be able to stand up and walk around afterwards.

Edit: Switched this line in ais.fsm to prevent crawling as if you break the system and stand up the ai will glitch and not heal you.

"	_unit setHit [""legs"",0.5];

Edit: Nope still broke. No matter what if you press C you will be able to stand up again.

• Like 1

You have done a great job with the update Psycho working like it did in ArmAII love it!. Thanks for all your hard work dude!

Bis ArmA stuff is always buggy & no doubt always will be. And as there are several key board setting Presets in controls, (Arma3 & Apex etc) absolute perfection is always going to be unlikely.

• Like 1

Thx for report madmonkey.

Have to disable the weapon resting function to prevent this problem.

regards

• Like 1

Hi folks, i'm using this script but I'm unable to do the AI heal me!! the AI heal the othes AI's but don't heal me . . what i doing wrong?

In the init os my AI i put this:

[_unit] execVM "ais_injury\init_ais.sqf";

i put this in description.ext:

class RscTitles {

#include "ais_injury\dialogs\rscTitlesAIS.hpp"
};
class CfgFunctions {
#include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp"

and this in init.sqf:

if (!isDedicated) then {

TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";
[] spawn {

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits}); // execute for every playable unit

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player); // only own group - you cant help strange group members

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5]; // only some defined units
};
};

Thank you for your work on this, Psycho. And thanks to the others helping him!

As a guy, who designs and plays singleplayer missions as much as multiplayer sessions i humbly thank you =) Keep up that good work of yours!

• Like 1

Hey Psychobastard,

thank you for continuing the development of this great wounding system! 

I somehow got it to work with the last version (21.02.2016) in my winter themed RAVAGE mission; but due to the little bug with campfires (needed to warm up in this mission) injuring the player I had switched to another wounding system.  Now I'm designing a MILSIM mission in Afghanistan and there (40 degrees celsius or more in daytime...) I could very well ignore the campfire problem.

But unfortunately I didn't manage to get A3Wounding to work (meaning: not in Editor and not in dedicated server playtesting with me as only player - not even the hints in briefing appeared) because I maybe didn't insert  the code in the correct way into init.sqf and description.ext.  The problem/question is: what am I supposed to do if I already have other entries there, especially im the description.ext categories class RscTitles and class CfgFunctions

I'll post both files as they are now (not working) and hope you can give me advice: 

onloadName = "OPERATION BLITZ A3W";
author = "tourist";
overviewText = "Bundeswehreinheiten bekämpfen die Taliban im Chahar-Dara-Distrikt an der Seite  anderer NATO-Kontingente und der Afghanischen Armee.";
respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 30;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive","MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;	
respawnDialog = 1;
reviveDelay = 30;		// The time it takes to revive a unit. Will be halved if you have a Medikit. (Default: 6 seconds.)
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 10;	// The time it takes to force your respawn while incapacitated. (Default: 3 seconds.)
reviveBleedOutDelay = 300;	// The time it takes for a unit to bleed out. (Default: 2 minutes.)				
saving = 1;
debriefing = 1;  
aiKills = 1;
allowFunctionsLog = 1;

class Header
{
	gameType = COOP; // Game type, see 'class' columns in the table below
	minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports
	maxPlayers = 42; //max # of players the mission supports
};

class RscTitles 
{
	#include "ais_injury\dialogs\rscTitlesAIS.hpp"
};

class CfgFunctions
{
	#include "functions\fhq_tasktracker.hpp"
	#include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp"
};

class CfgMusic 
{

class es_donnern_motoren 
	{
		name = "es_donnern_motoren";
		sound[] = {"music\es_donnern_motoren.ogg",1,1};
	};

class fallschirmjaeger_schritt 
	{
		name = "fallschirmjaeger_schritt";
		sound[] = {"music\fallschirmjaeger_schritt.ogg",1,1};
	}; 

class gruen_unser_fallschirm 
	{
		name = "gruen_unser_fallschirm";
		sound[] = {"music\gruen_unser_fallschirm.ogg",1,1};
	}; 	

class gruene_teufel 
	{
		name = "gruene_teufel";
		sound[] = {"music\gruene_teufel.ogg",1,1};
	}; 	

class wuerfelspiel 
	{
		name = "wuerfelspiel";
		sound[] = {"music\wuerfelspiel.ogg",1,1};
	}; 	

};

class CfgSFX
{
	sounds[] = {};

class sfxsound
	{
		name = "sfxsound";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\sfxsound.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
		empty[]= {"",0,0,0,0,0,0,0};
	};

class sfxsound2
	{
		name = "sfxsound2";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\sfxsound2.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound3
	{
		name = "sfxsound3";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\sfxsound3.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound4
	{
		name = "sfxsound4";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\sfxsound4.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound5
	{
		name = "sfxsound5";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\sfxsound5.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};
        class sfxsound6
	{
		name = "sfxsound6";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\sfxsound2.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound7
	{
		name = "sfxsound7";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\sfxsound3.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound8
	{
		name = "sfxsound8";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\sfxsound4.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound9
	{
		name = "news1";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\news1.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound10
	{
		name = "music1";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\music1.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound11
	{
		name = "music2";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\music2.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound12
	{
		name = "kunduznews";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\kunduznews.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound13
	{
		name = "SanginnewsBBC";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\SanginnewsBBC.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound14
	{
		name = "prayer2";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\prayer2.ogg",15,1,24,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound15
	{
		name = "Britishnews";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\Britishnews.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound16
	{
		name = "ISISpropoganda";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\ISISpropoganda.ogg",15,1,24,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound17
	{
		name = "IEDchatter";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\IEDchatter.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound18
	{
		name = "arab_talking";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\arab_talking.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound19
	{
		name = "arabicsong1";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\arabicsong1.ogg",15,1,24,1,1,1,0};
	};

class sfxsound20
	{
		name = "arabicsong2";
		sounds[]={sfxsound};
		sfxsound[]={"sound\arabicsong2.ogg",15,1,18,1,1,1,0};
	};
};

class CfgDebriefing 
{  
       class End1 
       { 
              title = "Mission Abgebrochen"; 
              subtitle = "Du hast gekämpft wie ein schlauer Fuchs!";  
              description ="Du hast deine Männer gerettet und dich geschickt vom Feind gelöst.  Leider musst du jetzt einen Einlauf vom Vorgesetzten über dich ergehen lassen, weil du ohne Befehl den Rückzug angetreten hast!"; 

}; 
       class End2 
       { 
              title = "Mission Erfüllt"; 
              subtitle = "Du hast gekämpft wie ein grimmiger Wolf!"; 
              description = "Gratulation! Du hast den Feind aus dem Operationsgebiet abgedrängt!";  

}; 
       class End3 
       { 
              title = "Mission Gescheitert"; 
              subtitle = "Alle außer dir sind tot!"; 
              description = "So eine Schande! Dafür wirst du degradiert und kommst vor ein Kriegsgericht!"; 

}; 
	   class End4 
       { 
              title = "Mission Erfüllt"; 
              subtitle = "Du hast gekämpft wie ein wilder Bär!"; 
              description = "Respekt! Du hast nicht nur den Feind aus dem Operationsgebiet abgedrängt, sondern auch einen hochrangigen Taliban-Kommandeur unschädlich gemacht!"; 
    };
};

waituntil {(player getvariable ["alive_sys_player_playerloaded",false])};

//by psycho
["%1 --- Executing TcB AIS init.sqf",diag_ticktime] call BIS_fnc_logFormat;
enableSaving [false,false];
enableTeamswitch false;			// TcB AIS wont support teamswitch

// TcB AIS Wounding System --------------------------------------------------------------------------
if (!isDedicated) then {
	[] spawn {
		{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});		// execute for every playable unit

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player);													// only own group - you cant help strange group members

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5];														// only some defined units
	};
};
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//--->>
//--->> Survive-System
//--->>        0 Menü (Gegenstaende zusammenfuehren)
//--->>        | -> 0 = Aus
//--->>        | -> 1 = Action menu
//--->>        | -> 2 = ACE
//--->>        |
//--->>        | 1 Datennutzung (Inventar): Gegenstaende benutzen. Intern / Extern 
//--->>        | | -> 0 = Intern. Daten werden zuerst im Addon verabeitet. Danach eventuell extern.
//--->>        | | -> 1 = Extern. Daten werden IMMER nach extern weitergereicht.
//--->>        | |
//--->>        | | 2 Laterne aufstellen
//--->>        | | | -> 0 = Ãœberall (Auch auf Objekten. Eventuell Fehler)
//--->>        | | | -> 1 = Nur auf Boden
//--->>        | | |
//--->>        | | | 3 Umgebungstemperatur berechnen
//--->>        | | | | -> 0 = nein
//--->>        | | | | -> 1 = ja
//--->>        | | | |
//--->>        | | | | 4 Lootsystem benutzen
//--->>        | | | | | -> 0 = nein
//--->>        | | | | | -> 1 = ja
//--->>        | | | | |
//--->>        | | | | | 5 Geld überwachen durch Addon
//--->>        | | | | | | -> 0 = Nein
//--->>        | | | | | | -> 1 = Ja. Nur das Geld im Gepäck
//--->>        | | | | | | -> 2 = Ja. Das Geld wird separat verwaltet. NICHT im Gepäck.
//--->>        | | | | | |
//--->>        | | | | | | 6 Using RyanZombies (Zombies & Demons)
//--->>        | | | | | | | -> 0 = No
//--->>        | | | | | | | -> 1 = Yes
//--->>        | | | | | | |
//--->>        | | | | | | | 7 Ein- ausschalten der Icon und der Berechnungen dazu. (0 = deaktiviert)
//--->>        | | | | | | | |
//--->>        | | | | | | | |0 Body temperature
//--->>        | | | | | | | || 1 Damage
//--->>        | | | | | | | || | 2 Fatigue
//--->>        | | | | | | | || | | 3 Money
//--->>        | | | | | | | || | | |
_ScriptWait = [1,0,1,1,1,1,0,[1,1,1,1]] execVM "\her_a3w_survive\scripts\init_her_survive.sqf";
waitUntil {scriptDone _ScriptWait};

As you can see I want to combine A3Wounding with Heros Survive and FHQ Task Tracking.  I have this Heros Survive  working well with Farooq Revive in another version of the mission, but your system has a few extra goodies to offer that I'd like to see in my mission.  All in an ALiVE environment meaning that there will be saving and resuming via WarRoom and ofc sometimes a respawn... 

I hope you can help me to make this all work together  :help:

Kind regards,

tourist

Thx for report madmonkey.

Have to disable the weapon resting function to prevent this problem.

regards

You know a lot more than me when it comes to Arma scripting. I don't think there is a way to currently disable weapon deploying via scripting. You could possibly add a weapon deployed event handler to a a player in agony. Then if they press C the event handler could fire off to put them back into agony. I'll poke through your code to see if I can implement something like this but I doubt it. 

Its simply done by blocking the deploy-button via script. ;-)

There is already a script included (fn_keyunbind.sqf) for blocking some act ionkeys while in agony. Simply add the right action to the existing array and its done. I will be awared at this issue for upcoming version.

['ReloadMagazine','Gear','SwitchWeapon','Diary']

regards

@Psychobastard:

While waiting for some advice, I fumbled around in a "Test without Consequences" copy of my mission. And after a long time of testing...

I finally made the above posted combination of scripts work together!  :icon_w00t:

The problem was the first line of init.sqf code:

waituntil {(player getvariable ["alive_sys_player_playerloaded",false])};

This is generally suggested in the ALiVE WIKI to use if you want to use any player-dependent scripts in an ALiVE mission with persistence save&load via WarRoom.  The effect, however, is that the mission must have been saved and loaded at least once after a server restart and a player re-join before those scripts kick in.  That is true for the Heros Survive as well as for A3Wounding.  To make it (hopefully) more clear, I'll quote what I wrote in ALiVE Forums:

You will have to perform the following circle once:

play - make a player save & then make a server save - quit client - restart server - load persistence mission&player data from WarRoom - play - enjoy!

- But after this, it works flawlessly in persistent ALiVE missions.

Since I was testing anyway, I looked into compatibilty with the Heros Survive System more deeply and want to spread the good news/share my experiences here for all those that wonder if the 2 scripts fully or just partly work together:

• Health Damage is correctly accounted for in either system if you use them together

• A3Wounding takes precedence over any BIS or Heros Survive values for who can revive and with what.

• You can use the custom medical items from Heros Survive to perform healing of A3Wounding casualties:

with both scripts active, the Heros Survive FAK's heal those "little scratches" which you normally cure with a BIS  FAK and the A3Wounding incapacitated state can be fixed either with the re-useable BIS Medikit or with the Heros Survive variant of the Medikit which is meant to be one-time use only.  Note that with A3Wounding active, even the Heros Survive Medikit is reuseable, if you use it via action menu to heal others.  If you use it on yourself it still works as intended by Heros: when you double-click on it in your opened inventory to heal yourself, the Heros Medikit still is used up. 

• Like 1

My group is a small one and we want to have a 100% chance of healing someone. I use this  "tcb_ais_realistic_mode             =     false;   in the setup , but this does not work, what am I doing wrong.

Hello Psychobastard  if you are still working on this. Is there a way to you can add the load/unload function to the wounded units. I have been looking for a revive script that has this function for a long time. I would love to have the ability to load up the wounded and bring them back to a medical station or collect all the death units after the mission is done. Please let me know if this could be done with your script.

Psycho thank you so much for maintaining this script.

I used to use it back before game updates caused it to not function correctly.I put this script as hands down,the BEST overall script for Arma3,for a many reason.The fact you can customize it,has other features like rambo feature,looks very well executed,can be easily installed,covers ANY AI unit/group,is far more in depth than it first appears,and its core purpose,somewhat does address a real issue in this game...the sheer inability of AI to preserve their own lives,by making it more forgiving for them to "die"

Simply put,if this was one of the core features of the vanilla game,i would have been impressed with its integration.So a real thank you for keeping this alive mate!

can someone explain how i can make ALL playable units benefit from this script?

Is it limited to player group only?I am naming other AI groups units p1,p2,p3 etc and making them playable,but they die outright.

@redarmy:

in your mission's init.sqf, you have to set up the AIS/A3Wounding code like this to have it work on all playable units:

Spoiler

// TcB AIS Wounding System --------------------------------------------------------------------------
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        {[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});        // execute for every playable unit

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player);                                                    // only own group - you cant help strange group members

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5];                                                        // only some defined units
    };
};
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that the first of three blocks starting with {[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")}  is uncommented, while the two others have their // slashes before the {[_x]   - rendering them inactive. 

I guess you cannot combine anyone of those three different ways of definition with each other. 

Hope that helps!  

2 hours ago, tourist said:

@redarmy:

in your mission's init.sqf, you have to set up the AIS/A3Wounding code like this to have it work on all playable units:

Hide contents

if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        {[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});        // execute for every playable unit

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player);                                                    // only own group - you cant help strange group members

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5];                                                        // only some defined units
    };
};

Note that the first of three blocks starting with {[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")}  is uncommented, while the two others have their // slashes before the {[_x]   - rendering them inactive. 

I guess you cannot combine anyone of those three different ways of definition with each other. 

Hope that helps!  

Thank you very much for explanation,the forward slash,i had no idea of this script language.I was trying every combo to get this to work but the slash made it useless.Will test out. 

cheers

@bolbies: it says in the description of Liberation that the mission is using Farooq Revive System.  So you must change that to A3Wounding System by editing the un-pbo'd mission file.  Ask the authors of the mission if you are allowed to do that.  Especially if you play on a public server the edited version. 

To block weapon resting, you can do this in fn_keyUnbind.sqf

forEach ['ReloadMagazine','Gear','SwitchWeapon','Diary','ingamePause','DeployWeaponAuto'];

I added blocking of the ESC ( pause menu ) so players cant abort nor respawn, and to block weapon resting just add the DeployWeaponAuto

Hope this helps

• Like 2

Hi I can't seem to get this to work at all. Followed the instructions and install looks fine. No error in rpt logs. I am on a dedicated server. I tried both:

{[_x] execVM (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (allUnits);

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});

I don't get the option to move around while down, carry/drag bodies, revive, etc...

Edit: I'm trying to get this to work with Exile.

Hello, Short status report:

Had found the time the last few days and have nearly completed the rewrite of the revive system. (98%)

Will beginn the test-phase in the next days and if everything works fine, also hopefully release soon.

Most advantages of the rewrite: raise the script performance up to date, fix some old bugs and non-fixable structural problems, mutch easier setup up and initialization (especially if you want to add AI's later in the mission flow) and of course expand the functionallity. (f.e. it will be possible that AI units can revive you also when they are not in your own group or AI-only groups are able to aid one another.

Unbenannt.jpg

regards

• Like 9

Wow, that's fantastic support, Psycho. Much appreciated!

Great news, Psycho!

I'm already a happy user of your great A3 Wounding system; and now I'm even even more happy because you're planning to expand the functionality to the AI - ideal for all kinds of SP missions or MP ALIVE missions in solo mode like I play a lot.

:thumbs-up:

This is VERY good news.  Having smarter AI heal and revive you is just perfect ... especially IF they are not in your team.  This was sadly lacking.

• Like 1

:)

Good to hear this. Cause everytime i have to thread myself to handle with this AI stuff. Especially cause i never use it by own. But everything for the com! :P