There isnt a variable to change the revive time. The duration for revive time will be calculated by some variable factors. (damage, is healer medic, ....)

If you want to change the time you have to look in "fn_firstaid.sqf" on line 106. (_skill_factor)

regards

btw: what means PITA?

Great script,really nice done and brings back good memorys from Arrowhead with ACE,i thank you a lot for that. 

Sorry for digging this up again, but after hours of research and testing I see no other option but to ask for help here.

For a small mission featuring (Blufor) players and AI playing together I badly need a revival system/script/mod that allows revival between players as well as between AI and players. I pretty quickly found this script as well as Chessmaster's Wounding system which is based on this script.

I use a modded version of the game and run a local dedicated server with the help of TADST; the mods being used are:

- CBA_A3

- Arma 3: ALiVE

- MCC Sandbox 4 (mod version)

- USS Nimitz Mod

- FA Maritime Units (complementary to the Nimitz mod)

- FA 18 Super Hornet

- FA 18X Black Wasp

- RHS USA&ussia

- Kunduz, Afghanistan (where the mission is taking place)

- CWS/Psycho's script

- VAS (script)

- Bon's AI recruitment (script)

The configs, and inits I use are:

-when using CWS:

description.ext:

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 5;

#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\common.hpp"
#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\recruitment.hpp"
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

init.sqf:

[] execVM "bon_recruit_units\init.sqf";

When using Psycho's Script:

description.ext:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 5;
disabledAI=0;
joinUnassigned = 0;
enableDebugConsole = 1;
allowFunctionsLog = 1;

#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\common.hpp"
#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\recruitment.hpp"
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class RscTitles {
#include "ais_injury\dialogs\rscTitlesAIS.hpp"
};
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
        #include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp"
};

init.sqf:

[] execVM "bon_recruit_units\init.sqf";
["%1 --- Executing TcB AIS init.sqf",diag_ticktime] call BIS_fnc_logFormat;
enableSaving [false,false];
enableTeamswitch false;

if (!isDedicated) then {
TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";
{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits}); // execute for every playable unit

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player); // only own group - you cant help strange group members

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5]; // only some defined units
};

The respective folders containing the scripts are there too, ofcourse.

Now the problem I have:

No matter how I set up the game, using Psycho's Script or CWS be it modded or be it unmodded, be it local hosting or local dedicated hosting, be it my mission or Psycho's supplied test mission: The script always seems to work fine for the player characters, but once AI gets killed (I usually shoot my teammates for testing purposes) the script doesn't work for them, they just die as in vanilla, no bleedout state - nothing.

I have tried a lot of things, but couldn't figure out the problem. Since so many people were (relatively) recently still reporting this script/the CWS mod as working I figured that I must be doing something wrong? Anyone having an idea on how to fix this? Or does anyone know of any other (simple) mod/script that fulfills my needs?

@ freshstrick

strange i've been reading through a very old thread to find an answer and found someone posting today with the same problem! ;)

heres two things to check,

firstly "{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits}); // execute for every playable unit" will only execute for playable units so if your units aren't marked as playable then it won't apply the script to them.

i'm running A3WS 'forEach (units group player)'.

second, i see you're using bon recruit script, thats been my problem today as A3wounding system is called with 'preprocessfile' which, unless im much mistaken, will not effect units spawned after mission start.

to counter this i added the line

'[_unit] execVM "ais_injury\init_ais.sqf";'

to  the end of 'bonrecruitunits\init_newunit.sqf'

this starts the script for the units i recruit in mission.

oh and if your using MCC make sure the medical system is disabled or it will conflict with this script, units are healed but stay in wounded position and can't move!

hope that helps

Edited by lordfrith
  • Like 1

Many thanks for your time and response!

I changed the the line and it now seems to work as advertized! (I can revive AI in my group! - other players too?)

I didn't know it wouldn't work for just any random AI, but to be fair reviving group members is the only thing I need at the moment, still since I am at it..:

- How exactly does the define units mode work?

- Can you activate multiple modes at the same time? (e.g. have group AI and playable units be revivable at the same time)

Thank you for the hint regarding the recruit-script as well! I just added the line at the end of the "init_newunit.sqf". It says that these are client side regarded setting though? I assume that is just a header without much function and that AI units recruited by other players on the server can be revived by them as well (by me too??)

Thank you in advance!

@ Freshstick

it already does work as advertised, we're bodging it for our own ends! ;)

- How exactly does the define units mode work?

- Can you activate multiple modes at the same time? (e.g. have group AI and playable units be revivable at the same time)

in the init.sqf you have 3 different options for calling the script, 2 of which are commented out (//). theres an explanation of each one at the end of the line, have a look over these and you should see whats going on.

the important command in the unit defines is 'forEach',  have a look on the wiki and forums for that one as it would be getting off topic to go into that here, but if you wanted to call it for all units it would just be {blah blah blah} forEach allUnits. i suspect this would impact your FPS a bit, especially for more populated missions. Keep in mind though 'allUnits' still  won't work for units spawned after mission start

as for multiple modes you'd have to be very careful not to call the script twice for some units, e.g. i think forEach (units group player) and forEach (playableUnits) would call it twice for the player. somebody correct me if i'm wrong...

I just added the line at the end of the "init_newunit.sqf". It says that these are client side regarded setting though? I assume that is just a header without much function and that AI units recruited by other players on the server can be revived by them as well (by me too??)

hmm test that one i think, i know very little about MP scripting, theres only 1 playable unit in my MP mission so i wouldn't know how this works with other players

Edited by lordfrith

Alright, I think that's about it so far!

I'll eventually do some testing myself then and let others know in here if I find something out.

Thank you for everything, again!  :)

Just in case it wasn't writed:
The script's additions:

Dying if couldn't survive after the damage  tyrnable

Dragging                                                     yes

Carrying                                                      yes
Unloading from vehicles                             auto
Loading in vehicles                                     no
Ai beginning unconscious                           yes

Order ai to heal                                           yes
Order ai to drag                                           yes

Order ai to carry                                          yes

UAV controllied ai healing                            yes

UAV controllied ai dragging                         yes

UAV controllied ai carrying                           yes

Ai healing players                                        yes
Ai healing ai                                                 yes
Dragging bodies                                          no
Carrying bodies                                           no

Just in case it wasn't writed:

The script's additions:

UAV controllied ai healing                            yes

UAV controllied ai dragging                         yes

UAV controllied ai carrying                           yes

Could you elaborate on these additions? Where to find them or how to implement them?

It also seems something is borked with the carry animation.

Elsewise AIS Injury works fine for me (MP)

Working on a updated version at the moment.

Release maybe tomorrow or during nect week.

regards

• Like 7

@ Psychobastard would love to have an option that the unconscious unit will not take any damage when down and you could turn off the bleed out time.

regards

Wooot! Great news!

While we are happily waiting for an update does anyone know where i can turn of the timer countdown when player is injured?

regards

Good news everyone!

Is it too early for feature requests?  :lol: 

While we are happily waiting for an update does anyone know where i can turn of the timer countdown when player is injured?

Had add a option to enable/disable via setup in next version...

• Like 1

Can you add ACE medical objects to the list of needed items, so you can use this with ACE simple revive.

I wont support ACE. ACE have his own medical system and maybe a different damage handling.

Update, 21022016

Download links can be found on first post of this topic.

Many thanks to lukio and Alwarren for helping me and their selfless engagement!

Attention! 

If you are a mission designer who already use this revive system and want to update your mission after the 21. february 2016:

The damage handling since the last version from april 2014 was completely changed. Also the impact of some variable values in the ais_setup.sqf had heavily changed. So please take care of the behaviour to your mission after updating the script packet. Start a quick test run and edit the setup file to find your wanted behaviour back again.

Changelog Version 21022016:
- fixed: long initialization delay if you start the script on large number of ai soldiers since patch 1.16 (BIS_fnc_feedback_hitArrayHandler not set)
- fixed: (hopefully!) group leader lost sometime the command after a respawn
- fixed: duplication of medikits after revive (fixed by Alwarren)
- fixed: Since fire starts to "damage" with minimal damage at a large radio, lower damage get filtered out (by Alwarren)
- fixed: damage calculation issue if a unit get healed before fall in agony first time
- changed: stronger code while asking for tcb_is_agony variable in different cases
- changed: attempt at correcting the damage values with getHit (by Alwarren)
- changed: some small code optimizations (usage of new script commands)
- changed: skip initialization in post init area
- changed: completely rewritten damage handling
- changed: text clean up (rewritten by lukio)
- removed: remove tcb_ais_revive_guaranty from setup (it is now included tcb_ais_realistic_mode - easier setup process)
- removed: healReset.fsm no longer needed (caused by new damage handling)
- added: check for wrong player initialization/localization and abbort init AIS if check failed
- added: new setup option to disable TFAR radio for unconscious players
- added: new setup option to disable text chat for unconscious players
- added: random pain screams if a player go unconscious
- added: add score points to the unit who shoot other AIS handled units down (to agony)
- added: new setup option to enable/disable bleedout countdown (tcb_ais_showCountdown)
- added: new setup option to enable/disable AIS diary entries (tcb_ais_showDiaryInfo)

• Like 10

Had add a option to enable/disable via setup in next version...

Thanks for this and and the update, very much appreciated!

Psycho, good to have you back! One request: can you please change the TFAR disable while unconscious parameter to 'off' by default? If we can shoot and crawl we should be able to use a radio (by default) :)

• Like 1

hello guys, I'm trying to merge the Heli Paradrop script from http://lostvar.com/AISSP/AISSP.html  with the A3 wounding System script. In A3 wonding system script I saw that all players and AI's have in their init "this setGroupID [" Alpha "];" is correct I put "this setGroupID [" Alpha "];" in custom init AISSP (Heli Paradrop)? I did it and reinforcement not work. Thank you.

Psycho thank you for the updated script.

I see you have an option to turn off the bleed out time now but can the units still take full damage and die when in the unconscious state.

The second question is there an easy way to stop the unit from having the ability to go prone crawl and shoot.

I also am trying to put what the lordfrith mentioned on the previous page to put [_unit] execVM "ais_injury \ init_ais.sqf";

I'm putting in custom init of the heliparadrop script, but the script does not work.

anyone have any idea how to A3 wounding script work with the heliparadrop script from http://lostvar.com/AISSP/AISSP.html ??