But above all those they are minor issues to me. In an MP game when I respawn I lose command of my AI squad and even with leader group this in my init and my rank set much higher than all my AI troops crossroads still refuses to give me back command. If I could just have command back I'd be a happy camper with this script.

I also tried setting a radio trigger to make me leader anytime by scripting it into the radio onactivation field. That didnt work.

Hi. Just curious if you'd made any further discoveries about this, as I've recently ran into it myself. Was gonna try and investigate further, but first wanted to ask if you had any further info that might help me and/or save time.

Set respawn type to group/4

Hey, tanx, work fine now.

- The script won't work for JIP players.They don't have revive menu and can't see injured man icon.

- its possible to add something to prevent dead players about reassign roles from lobby again?

Edited by Persian MO

- The script won't work for JIP players..

Had nothing to do with the script...

Make a delay before the player run the init.

waitUntil {!isNull player};

Is there a way to make uncouncious player move only her head and not the whole body?

Edit: posted in wrong forum my bad.

Edited by Eudiphon
Wrong Post Location

Hello Psycho,

First of all, thanks for this awsome script, it seems to be the only one arround I found giving the ability to use the respawn menu from ARMA and create new respawn via script.

I also experience some bugs: sometimes the random GOD mode bug, sometimes not beeing able to revive a guy that is down and has the countdown

If sending you a copy of my (in development) mission, I can send it to you.

also, the log is showing an error on the start of the mission on your init.sqf:

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS>
 Error position: <_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\init.sqf, line 17
Error in expression <(TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5];														

>
 Error position: <p1,p2,p3,p4,p5];														

>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: p1
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\init.sqf, line 17

If I can help in any way, feel free to ask

Bests,

Garlik / GrKl30

EDIT:

actually, seeing AI oppfor reaction on a friend currently beeing in this godmode: AI not attacking him untill he fires at them

so I wonder if the problem could simply be that after having respawned (or beeing revived?) the game still think he is in this 'half dead' status (the one you have while waiting for revive)

dont know if this could point in the correct direction... nore if I made this clear :(

SECOND EDIT:

ok, actually, after some other tests, it seems JIP players have godmode

friend was not JIP, not godmode, disconnected, reconnected (so is now becoming JIP) and is now god

hope this can help

Edited by GrKl30

Hi,

to your .rpt error: you have to make sure the unit in the array exist. Otherwise the unit is null like the variable too.

To your JIP problem: make sure to give a delay for JIP's. A JIP player is everytime Null until he exist on the map. The solution you can found in post #253.

Did you play with Zeus or a normal Coop Gameplay?

Status: at the moment my new version works in some tests well. But if i use Zeus there are mamy problems i cant point out atm.

regards

Ok, thanks applied the two solutions you proposed. Will do some more tests later with friend.

About Zeus, yes, currently Zeus possibility is there, more for testing purpose on the mission then for real use of Zeus.

Even if no one is playing Zeus I sometimes had these issues for God

-Psycho-;2686329']

Status: at the moment my new version works in some tests well. But if i use Zeus there are mamy problems i cant point out atm.

I noticed that at the GeCo this week. ;) Thanks again for your work as Zeus that evening, I highly appreciate that (and know of the headaches this can cause after an hour of keeping more than 10 people entertained, let alone more than 50. :D)

But the problems that occured, were indeed kind of strange: The problems don't seem to be occuring just because the GM-modules are placed on the map, as that did not lead to any problems for me like that before (see below). It seems to be at least to some extend to be a correlation between the amount of players and the GM modules. As I've seen the error messages that evening, it seemed to have been a problem of one variable of AIS not being defined after the first respawn. But unfortunately I haven't noted which one it was.

As I stated before, I haven't had the same problem, but that was only true for the time before the 1.18 update. Ever since I've had the same error message pop up when playing a mission with AIS, Zeus and at least one other player on a dedicated server after first respawn (not every time though). I suppose (and that's only a loose assumption) it may have something to do with the changes to the respawn-system for Zeus rolled out by the 1.18 update, either the group-respawn-functions or the MenuPosition-fix...

I don't know, but I hope, these problems with your (awesome) script can somehow be resolved. :)

I didn't used to get any errors with this mod, but now just like the above post I get an error (not all the time, it seems random) when trying to revive someone. from memory the error is undefined variable _unit, line 54 or 56 or somewhere there.

it is hard to reproduce as it doesn't happen every time, but the script it was referring to was something to do with bleeding (bloodeffect.sqf maybe?)

also 1 of our guys dissapeard during a revive, only happened once.

other than this it has been working great so far! thanks

Yes, i know. You talk about this:

Error in expression <ng set [_forEachIndex, -1];
};
} else {
_unit setVariable ["PulseTime", -1]; 
de>
 Error position: <_unit setVariable ["PulseTime", -1]; 
de>
 Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _unit
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\ais_injury\func\fn_bloodEffect.sqf, line 59

But unfortunately this is not the reason for some other strange bugs. I recognized that sometime a player switch to civilian side if he fall in agony without dieing and i dont know the reason. The player switch to civilian side and is Null. In that case he leave the scripts. I know the problem but i dont know how it occours. :confused:

Maybee i rewrite the hole system...

regards

-Psycho-;2687026']But unfortunately this is not the reason for some other strange bugs. I recognized that sometime a player switch to civilian side if he fall in agony without dieing and i dont know the reason. The player switch to civilian side and is Null. In that case he leave the scripts. I know the problem but i dont know how it occours. :confused:

Maybee i rewrite the hole system...

regards

Doesn't setCaptive simply do that? As Zeus you can often see, depending on the revive system, that players switch to civilian side as soon as they're wounded (Farooq's Revive does it depending on the settings, BTC-Revive does it as well), if the revive script contains a setCaptive command. But usually that shouldn't lead to a problem as such. If the player actually 'drops out of the system' and suddenly isNull, that's something different and rather strange. Hopefully it's just some if-check that's being performed that's causing the problem, so you don't have to redo everything from the ground up. :)

Good luck though! :)

I have noticed when everything is working normal, that AI still try to engage u even in revive mode. this indicates he is not (intentionally) using setcaptive.

A quick bug report: I think I found a way to reproduce the god mode. I guess only mentionable setting is "only medics can revive". Hosting the game myself. Revive a downed soldier and then after that is over, nothing can kill... Everything hurts me until I am slow walking bloody mess, but nothing brings me down to unconscious state. Tested a couple of times with different players.

Love the script.

Another great release, well tested and kept up to date. Great stuff psyco!

anyone having issues with downed units going invisible when u try to revive them? I tell them to start moving again and then I can see them, but I go to revive and the same thing happens.

I am using the "only medics can revive" option.

only happens sometimes, but when it does happen it doesn't go away after

i am running -showscripterrors but no error shows.

Hey Psycho, I found a funny bug that is annoying. When your script is active, whenever you get near a camp fire, you get hurt and go down. This is creating problems for me when playing missions where you start near a fire place or if you try and put the fire out. I tried it without your scripts and the default action is you only get hurt when you're right on top of the fire. Do you think this is fixable?

My settings:

tcb_ais_realistic_mode = true;

tcb_ais_rambofactor = 3;

Thanks!

In the "ais_injury\func\fn_drag.sqf" file there's a line that sets the injured person's direction to 180; this makes the injured person face the person dragging him, which looks wrong due to the animation. Changing the value from 180 to 0 should fix that.

if it were that simple. Direction depend on localization. :p

Atm the hole system is being revised.

Yeah I just tried it on a dedi and it didn't really work out like I thought it would lol

Looking forward to the next update ;)

Thanks for the updates! Loving this wounding system. Would it be possible to expose a few more user configurable variables for things like the time it takes to do a revive action, and the effectiveness of a revive? To add a bit more variability.

I was just wondering, would it be possible for the mod to save the player state if they disconnect? Currently ppl can disconnect when in revive mode and load back in and not be in revive mode.

Any reason the guys still bleed profusely after they have been patched up ?

Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes we have to down a guy to re-heal him so he stops bleeding.

This is going to get added to my template if I can get this to work the way I want.

Nice work!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some testing I think I really like this,, been waiting fro this for a long long time!

Thank you for the revive mate!

Edited by 3lockad3