Hotfix version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey guys, what is a good JIP script that can be used with this. Something with JIP and mobile respawn if possible?

Just to confirm - it's all fixed (dedi tested).

Thank you so much!

Edited by Igor Drukov

JCae, I wanted to ask updated addon works for both sides, or not?

Thank you Psycho for this awesome script. I'm using it in my mission and it works like a charm.

I was just wondering if there was a way to shorten the time for revive? I read all the posts but there doesn't seem to be a mention of this...

---

Nevermind, I found out how to edit this value. For those of you interested, its in fn_firstaid.sqf, line 96

_skill_factor = if (_healer call tcb_fnc_isMedic) then {10+(random 10)} else {20+(random 10)};

Once again, great script psycho.

Edited by wontialo

Quick question - When a player is shot and is down, he can press W, crawl on his belly and empty his clips at the enemy AI.

However, when he does this the AI shoots BACK at the downed player, and then he is dead permanently.

I would like to know if there is a way to avoid this permanent death feature.

Is there any way to make the downed player not fire his gun? or not move at all? (So that the AI won't shoot him and kill him permanently?)

Or even better, is there a way to make the AI not shoot back at the downed player? Or if the AI does shoot back, maybe there is a way to make

the downed player invincible?

Thanks in advance.

Quick question - When a player is shot and is down, he can press W, crawl on his belly and empty his clips at the enemy AI.

However, when he does this the AI shoots BACK at the downed player, and then he is dead permanently.

I would like to know if there is a way to avoid this permanent death feature.

Is there any way to make the downed player not fire his gun? or not move at all? (So that the AI won't shoot him and kill him permanently?)

Or even better, is there a way to make the AI not shoot back at the downed player? Or if the AI does shoot back, maybe there is a way to make

the downed player invincible?

Thanks in advance.

That is what makes the wounded system so great ! you are not dead... AI will not shoot if you don't move!

Ask you guys that instead of move stay put the AI will ignore them...... is not that hard.

@theNaCH

Are you sure that if you don't move, AI will not shoot you? I've test with 2 opfor AI into the map distribuited with the script and it worked like you write but testing into an Invade&Annex map (I've disabled BTC revive obviously) I was killed two times when I was agony also without moving o shooting fire.

I know it's more real the behaviour like now but I think it could be good to add the option to set unkillable the soldier when he's down, because the AI is too good enough in shooting fire and it's really easy to be killed in this way.

And for the people who play without respawn it could be too much aggressive approach.

If the script creator could add this option I think it could be a good thing.

Apart this, really a good script that I hope will be developed in deep! :)

Thanks a lot

Hi there, first of all my deepest respect for that work. In our clan we all love this healing / revive script. Great work and great love to detail. Well thought through and very well done. I am working with the version from this month in our clan's tactical training missions and we have used it a lot through the last couple of days. There are 2 things we noticed: 1.st concerns the switch tcb_ais_revive_guaranty=true;:

-Psycho-;2590639']

tcb_ais_revive_guaranty=true; // set to true for a 100% revive chance.

Though we have this setting together with realistic mode turned off and I am a combat medic and sometimes the progress is fast and wounded units reach a 100% healing and are immediately dead afterwards. Happens in about 25% of all cases. With those cases the body also seems not to disappear. Another Problem is that the dead icon sometimes stays with the new "body" after respawn. Might be that this is related.

Anyone else have noticed those things too ?

I can confirm that the injured 3d marker sometimes stays after revive and I also confirm that the AI will shoot you dead even if you don't move.

But above all those they are minor issues to me. In an MP game when I respawn I lose command of my AI squad and even with leader group this in my init and my rank set much higher than all my AI troops crossroads still refuses to give me back command. If I could just have command back I'd be a happy camper with this script.

I also tried setting a radio trigger to make me leader anytime by scripting it into the radio onactivation field. That didnt work.

@theNaCH

Are you sure that if you don't move, AI will not shoot you? I've test with 2 opfor AI into the map distribuited with the script and it worked like you write but testing into an Invade&Annex map (I've disabled BTC revive obviously) I was killed two times when I was agony also without moving o shooting fire.

I know it's more real the behaviour like now but I think it could be good to add the option to set unkillable the soldier when he's down, because the AI is too good enough in shooting fire and it's really easy to be killed in this way.

And for the people who play without respawn it could be too much aggressive approach.

If the script creator could add this option I think it could be a good thing.

Apart this, really a good script that I hope will be developed in deep! :)

Thanks a lot

We used it all the time in dynamic missions in MCC and VTS and so far both works correctly.

We get shot or get killed by nades if we move OR shoot back.

Though we have this setting together with realistic mode turned off and I am a combat medic and sometimes the progress is fast and wounded units reach a 100% healing and are immediately dead afterwards. Happens in about 25% of all cases. With those cases the body also seems not to disappear. Another Problem is that the dead icon sometimes stays with the new "body" after respawn. Might be that this is related.

Hi DSONuts, sounds realy strange. I will study this bug. Can you maybee give me a example mission or link me the mission where you have add the Wounding System? (i will exclude the possibility of a context with other mission content) Thanks!

@Topic lost leadership, i dont understand this problem atm. Of course WildFire6, xause you tried it also with a extra trigger and nothing happens. I will look into this topic separately. (maybee a arma-bug?!)

@Topic enemy shoot on wounded or not, normaly enemy AI start first time shooting on wounded players if they have start to fire their weapon while they are in unconcious-mode. If the enemy open fire without the player did before anything i tap of the possibility that some other scripts in the map work against this mechanism. (many strange loops and scripts in Invade&Anex) Maybee i have a look into this mission to find a workaround.

regards

That is what makes the wounded system so great ! you are not dead... AI will not shoot if you don't move!

Ask you guys that instead of move stay put the AI will ignore them...... is not that hard.

Yes, I think its one of the cool defining features of the mod, and I really like it. It really adds to the agonizing atmosphere.

But in a mission where there is no respawn.....one mistake and it punishes you brutally.

And players, well, even when they're told not to move, after a while they do make mistakes, press the key and move around, and fire a shot just to see if it works.

And its perma death, out of the mission for good.

Anyway, I sound like a whining ass, not to sound too ungrateful here. As I said, I love this script, and I believe its the best one out there.

And since psycho mentioned that he's going to look into it, I'm having my hopes up! :)

Trying to investigate the command bug further but I'm having a hard time getting the whole package to play ball. Ok so now here is this issue, once an AI unit is killed and respawned he becomes invincible. After he is shot a few times he gets the injured 3d marker but not the map marker and he never actually goes down.

So I'm trying to figure out how to add a respawn event handler to the AI units so they re-init once the new unit is created. Unfortunately your init is using call and compile commands so I dont know how to amend in units init line. I've tried both:

this addEventHandler ["Respawn",{(_this select 0) execVM "ais_injury\init_ais.sqf";}];

and

this addEventHandler ["Respawn",{[_this select 0] call compile preprocessfile "ais_injury\init_ais.sqf";}];

No dice.

No you dont. I use VAS so I load my gear everytime I respawn. As for my AI teammates I used LEA, the loadout editor. The respawn option doesnt work in multiplayer, basically when you die in MP it reloads everyone's gear including mine which is a problem if I changed it with VAS. So I modified it so that each unit has its own loadout script and when they respawn they call their own loadout and it doesnt affect anyone else. I also added a radio trigger that reloads all the AI's ammo when I call it because they refuse to pick up ammo and rearm in the field. I've tried everything.

I'm using this with a SP mission. I'm trying to keep the "drag" action available once a team member is dead, so I can recover his body (Leave no man behind and all that).

How would I go about doing this? The drag action disappears once a team member is dead.

This isnt easy to implement cause the dead body isnt the same object like the alive unit. Also all function are check if the unit is alive. If you want to implement this you have to made it by your own.

@1Para, this wounding system dont save your loadout. You have to look for a extern script packet for this feature.

regards

Has anybody had any luck implementing this into a Zeus mission?

I added it to the default 18+2 mission and players were invincible. They had red legs, like they were bleeding, but they weren't limping and couldn't die.

The Zeus maps use respawn = 2;, so I left it at that. Perhaps that is problem?

I had mentioned this a few posts up. The problem was once a unit respawned the first time they were invincible, hence I was trying to add a respawn eventhandler to the unit so it would run the functions after a new unit had spawned. Alas I couldnt figure out how to make it work and he didn't reply but to the posts after mine. I am also using alive and some AI mods so I've been doing a lot of testing trying to get it to work with vanilla game but it seems the mods are not the issue, simply respawning units. I also tried farooq's script which was supposed to work with AI in MP however that returned failed results, as well as Norrin's revive script which also claim to be used with MP AI.

So far no one has tackled this issue. At this point I would be willing to donate if some scripting god could really build a no-bullshit hardcore wounding/revive system tested in MP and SP and with full AI functionality. I'd do it myself but I am only novice at scripting, local and global stuff confuses the hell out of me, as well as publicvariable and eventhandler syntax. I get really confused when we start talking about compiling and FSM's. I've even read every wiki page on all those subjects without any forward progress. Wish I could help more guys.

The script cant work if a ai unit "respawn". (no ai respawns, it will create a new unit!) Why it is so?

--> Simply, this script (and any other revive system) can handle JIP in MP without any problems. But this is everytime related to players! Every system is build for players!!!

The AI support is simply a bonus feature. And if you want to have a working system on every AI, "respawned" units included, i have to say do it by your own. Cause this is a part of the mission making. Nobody can build up a system which can handle every special case of the missions design. That means everything will working if you can implement the initialization on the right way. I can, but i'll do the devil and start to implement it in every of your missions. :p

This is ARMAAA!!! not a pony farm! :bounce3:

regards

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

I was not talking about AI respawning. The problem is happening with players being invincible.

Yeah I was trying to add respawn eventhandlers for that exact reason but I couldnt figure out how to do it. Thanks for the reply though, maybe i'll figure it out at some point, I'll keep trying in the meantime. I think its really good too. I was having a bunch of errors but I ran up my dedicated today and used it with that and it pretty much worked really well except the respawn issue im bitchin about. Otherwise it does its job and works very well thank you.

As for brians, the only time I've seen a player invincible is like I was saying after respawn, so if your people or players are invincible right off the bat I'd say you either missed something with install and use, or you have another damage mod or AI mod running in parallel affecting this package. I'd test in vanilla and as I found today on a dedicated server to see if you get better results.

Psycho, I can confirm in some situations, still no able to reproduce it... but the players are invincible.

I'm not using init.sqf to call the script instead I'm using initplayerlocal.sqf, that way work with the JIP for Zeus.

Same for me, I am playing a mission with a friend and the script works fine for AI and Squad Leader Player, but if a player take an other role (like medic, or AT soldier) then he become invincible.