Hi,

a option to change this is included in the upcoming version. Than you can change between

1. everyone can start a first aid action

2. everyone with a medikit/fa-kit

3. only medics

Maybee i can release this weekend or next week. At the moment i'm in a testing-phase of a other new feature.

regards

we had a 20 player mission last night that went for about 4 hours. I am so glad I found this addon in time to include it in the mission. absolutely no bugs to report, no gear issues after respawn etc. the option to permanently kill players if they get a headshot is awesome. after being able to limit the revive to medic this system will be perfect.

lookin forward to the update

Hello,

after few month of waiting and standstill here comes a new version with the scope of a major update!

8pg1l73js1zd.jpgb2idya6wesac.jpgxxmf23v74moi.jpg

Whats new and what are the important changes:

A new option for "only medic can revive" or "only with medical equipment" was added.

From the downed bodys splash blood out. (you can see it on picture 3) If you arent a medic but the mission builder say "only medics can revive" you also have a chance to help your comrade. Simply you can press on his wound to stop the bleeding and increase on this way his lifetime until a medic is present.

Now medical equipment is generated around the unit who start the first aid action to bring more atmosphere to the gameplay. (picture 2) Objects grabbed by a garbage collector so have no worries about your performance.

Now it makes a much stronger difference if the helper is a medic or a normal combat soldier. Medics are able to complete much faster the first aid process.

The damage handling was strongly reworked. That means at first that the revive chance guaranty are now by real 100% percent. The damage handling are new scaled since the last stable patch has changed the values over some body parts again. (thx BI! :j:)

Whole Changelog:

Changelog Version 02042014:

- fixed: if dragger die or agony the dragged unit dont stock in drag/carry animation

- fixed: error in vehicle/parachute handling

- fixed: broken damage handling for damage from fire

- fixed: in some cases the unit have zero-damage in unconcious state

- fixed: revive chance warranty now bring a 100% warranty

- fixed: sometime the units damage are higher as before the first aid process

- fixed: prevent the zero-time first aid process in some cases

- fixed: a calculation error while try to find a squadmate that help the downed group members

- changed: check for engine-side healing threads to reset parts damage storage

- changed: the healing time depends on the injured damage AND now also if the healer is a medic or not (medics are up to 50% faster)

- changed: injured person stop to bleed out if a helper has start the first aid process

- changed: reduce fatigue-values (caused by the overdosed gay noises since 1.14)

- changed: reduce slighty the distance you have to fall below before you can start a action to wounded bodys

- added: option for "only medics can revive" or "everyone with medical euqipment" or "everybody"

- added: "medical equipment" are generated during a first aid action

- added: random particle blood splatter form the wounded body

- added: action to stop the bleeding by press on the wound (only avalible if not everyone can start a first aid action to any time)

- added: easter egg (experienced players can learn to help much faster) ;-)

- added: option to have everytime you got a hit it also have a impact to your senses

- added: to call for help press "H" button while you are unconcious (AI start immediately to looking for you)

- added: auto-generated diary entry with description and explanation

- added: license text to the readme file

Download:

https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21817/Wounding%20System%2002042014.7z

The first page are up-to-date. I look forward to your feedback. :)

regards

Awesome update, is it possible to disable that unconsious unit can wake up and crawl around?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome update, is it possible to disable that unconsious unit can wake up and crawl around?

Sure, but why i should disable the outstanding feature that make this wounding system to what it is? No way! :o

Thank you Foxhound!

Did you change the tcb_ais_random_lifetime_factor variable at all? Having 100 there seems to produce times of around 450 seconds. It used to be around 180.

There also seems to be a duplication bug. Every time somebody dies, they still have the 3d "need revive" icon and the options keep stacking.

http://i.imgur.com/eNzEJuz.jpg

Edited by brians200

Hi brians200,

uh, nothing was changed at this point and i cant reproduce the dublication. When exactly the duplication occur the first time?

Regardless, i create a test version for you: https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21819/Wounding%20System%20-%20Experimental%20Version!.7z

If it the duplication are fixed in this version i will add it as a bugfix in next official version asap. Your feedback is important for me. :) To the others, please dont use this version if you havent the dublication problem! (experimental!!!)

To your other question: i think in the example i set the rambo-factor from 3 to 4. This also have an impact of the random lifetime. Set the rambo-factor back to 3 or simply scale the lifetime down with the scheduled sclaer.

regards

Psycho! Thank you for the update,the 100% chance to survive is all i ever wanted from this awesome script but you went the extra mile and added some awesome touches.

I have one question for you sir,orany one who would know the awnser to this....

Will the script attatch to AI who are NOT in the players group but made PLAYABLE?(And their names included in the sqf obviosly)

And if so,will there be a performance hit,if say i make an additional 20 AI units who are not in the players immediate group able to revive each other?

Thanks again for this masterpiece!

Hi,

this isnt a problem. We play with this system before beween 50 and up to 100 players in coop battles without problems.

You can also add other groups without a player to the initialization - it's your choise. But as i always sayd before, i recommend the use for player groups. The usage of ai soldiers or complete player free ai groups is only a feature but not for what the system was designed for.

regards

-Psycho-;2658875']Sure' date=' but why i should disable the outstanding feature that make this wounding system to what it is? No way! :o

Thank you Foxhound![/quote']

Not disable/remove it but maybe make it optional, anyways this is an awesome revive script thank you for it.

it works better and better over time. thank you [TcB]-Psycho-

JCae2798, i get this message

script ais_injury/func/fn_handleDamage.sqf not found

thanks to you, too

Yes i have uncovered an issue. Sorry guys will have it updated again soon.

Nice Psycho!!!

One thing in the Config file you have listed twice:

tcb_ais_show_injury_marker

One in --- Optional Settings --- and --- Visual Settings ---

Should we delete one?

Hey all, the addon has been updated. Once again same link. @Rapax, let me know if you still have any issues. Thanks for the feedback

wow, you are fast man, works perfectly.

thank you!

If we play on a server, should we edit this:

if (!isDedicated) then {

TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";

to:

if (!isServer) then {

TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";

?

Because now we've got the addaction 20 times if someone is hurt.

Hi Cigaro,

im not understand. Is this a request or a question?

You edit to !isServer and got a duplication error. And why you have changed it? That is what im not understand, sorry.

@all others, can someone confirm now a duplication in the action menu or work all fine? (without the testversion and without change that like Cigaro!)

@ theNach, thank you - will be removed.

regards

We're experiencing reduplication with default implementation on our end too :)

Thanks for this great script mate,

Igor.

Hi Psycho, that test version appears to have fixed the duplication.

Hello,

thanks for the feedback from all!

here is the hotfix-version to fix the duplication-bug and two other small bugs:

Download:

https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21824/Wounding%20System%2005042014.7z

Changelog:

Changelog Version 05042014:

- fixed: a medic player was set to auto-first aid if close enough to injured ai

- fixed: action entries are duplicated

- fixed: tcb_ais_show_injury_marker was doubled in the setup file

regards

Thanks for the continued updates -Psycho- this is the only revive our unit will use as its as close to the Arma2 standard system :cool:

A couple issues I found running alive and this script in a mission with AI teammates on an MP mission:

1) Often but not all the time, I lose my squad. I respawn and I am no longer in my squad or its been disbanded. Another related issue is if I am still in my squad it doesnt revert command back to me.

2) When giving the medic AI the action command to heal another AI the AI that receives the healing becomes stuck and immobile. Doesnt even respond to orders.

I don't know if these are things that are able to be fixed or even seen before issues, I guess it is entirely possible it is only happening to me.