Haha the answer sure was there. Sorry i gotta pay more attention to those files. Thanks again for the reply.

great revive, but with this update i can't appreciate the difference between damage tolerance of my units

Rambo factor 1 or 5 is the same result for me :confused:

Salute

first of all... very nice revive script, but for some reason i die instantly sometimes with the realistic mode disabled and revive guaranty enabled. anybody else has this problem? is it possible that mods like bCombat and/or ALiVE break the script?!

edit: its obviously headshots and big explosions that cause me to die... shouldn't that be disabled by the revive guaranty?

edit2 (feedback): enemys are able to terminaly shoot me when i'm already unconscious.. maybe make unconscious units invincible?!, returning the command to the squadleader doesn't work when more than one player is in the squad.. not sure if it's an arma 3 bug

Edited by flex

Wonderfull script!!

It should now work perfectly on our MP dedicated.

for all stupid persons like me just take care to not put different values than 50;100 or 200 into the parameter "tcb_ais_random_lifetime_factor" (ais_setup.sqf).

I thought it was a timer in second but it is a factor like it is well described in the comment line... :p

For information when I placed 150 in the "tcb_ais_random_lifetime_factor" param, symptoms was that on the MP server the revive bar was'nt appearing and no revive at all (only the animation was function indefinitely).

I hope this would help people like me who like modifying parameters everywhere...

I just still see a bug because there is still some desynchro on the carry animations and it seems that one soldier can carry multiple bodies :j:

Good job again for this script

Edited by sebj

Download:

dev-heaven.net: https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21614/Wounding%20System%2026012014.7z

Changelog:

- fixed: animation positioning after the last stable patch

- fixed: AI dont hold a started animation since the last stable patch (work around: freeze the unit in wanted animation)

- changed: you cant carry injured persons if you wear a launcher on your back

The last stable patch changed (again) the strength of the units armor or rather their uniforms and vests. Of course this influenced the damage output and handling of the units.

I notice again a strong difference between a unit with uniform "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt" and each others. You can handle this in two cases: either it is a realistic fact or you have a problem with it if some units go agony after one or two hits and others after 5 or 6. If you're opinion go to the second case i recommend as work around to change the uniforms of the soldiers. (remeber, only "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt" is affected)

Unfortunately since the last stable patch the AI units wont longer stay in a time-played animation. That means f.e. if a AI unit should be carried the unit play the animation to be a carry. If the animation is finished the unit fall simply back to the ground. Before the last patch the unit stay in the last animated position. As work around for this i freeze the units to stay at their position respectively their animation. The disadvantage is that the AI unit look not so well during they help you.

One small change for this version: You cant longer carry units during you wear a secondary weapon (some launcher) on your back. I add this feature for a little bit more realistic.

The other small things that was told me in the posts before i cant reproduce, sorry.

kind regards

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks as always for continuing to improve this system! We used it last night in a coop with ALiVE handling AI on both sides, BLUFOR and OPFOR, and a few of us played as 75th Rangers independent of any group. This script always worked well for dragging and healing each other (other players) but as we were in many CQB battles with other groups of our side (other 75th Rangers) I'd be interested in if there is a way to enable this script so we can heal AI of other groups and the AI near us, even if not of our "group", can come heal us as well?

I see this line in the init:

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player);    

Would this work so medics from our side but not from our group will come heal us and we can heal them also?

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units side player);

And I'm still a bit confused about what this might do (Note: NOT native to this script!):

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach AllUnits; 

Would this one mean the AI enemy can revive each other as well?

Thanks in advance!

{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach AllUnits;

with this code you can revive IA enemy or friendly :bounce3:

Thankyou for this Psyco

S!

with this code you can revive IA enemy or friendly :bounce3:

Thankyou for this Psyco

S!

Nice! Does this mean nearby AI from the same side will come revive players too? Playing with three human players and a bunch of AI. Once all three of us were "wounded" (trying to revive each other) and a friendly AI medic walked right by us. I'd love to see that AI stop and revive at least one of us :)

The other small things that was told me in the posts before i cant reproduce, sorry.

kind regards

damn... well thanks for looking into it

just one question: do you use stable or dev version when you test the script?

Nice! Does this mean nearby AI from the same side will come revive players too? Playing with three human players and a bunch of AI. Once all three of us were "wounded" (trying to revive each other) and a friendly AI medic walked right by us. I'd love to see that AI stop and revive at least one of us :)

At the moment this isnt possible and it isnt easy to implement this feature in the exitsting structure.

Maybee i add this as a option in the future. But how i sayd before, it is not easy, take a lot of time and performance too. Only a option. ;)

Edit: i test everytime with stable version.

Edit2: Thx again, Foxhount!

Hi, I newbie with editor and i will like to test de A3 wounding system, i just have to drop this folders - ais_injruy folder, the init and the description.ext - into my missions folder?? I have to edit some lines when i add a player.

Thanks in advance.

congrats, a really awesome script!

unfortunately i also have the same problem as flex - i die sometimes (headshots, explosions) cause the revive guaranty doesnt seem to work! has anybody ideas of how to fix this?

killswitch;2610861']congrats' date=' a really awesome script!

unfortunately i also have the same problem as flex - i die sometimes (headshots, explosions) cause the revive guaranty doesnt seem to work! has anybody ideas of how to fix this?[/quote']

Did you have realism mode enable? If you did, then it disables revive guaranty.

Did you have realism mode enable? If you did, then it disables revive guaranty.

nope, its disabled... but the result seems to be exactly the same...

Psycho,

I'm having a hard time getting the realistic portion working. I have it set to true and the other revive option set to false. I set the rambo factor to "2". Yet if i shoot my guys in the face/head, they roll over but don't die. Any thoughts? I've tested this with a grenade as well and same results. Thanks

I've found that this script, as much as I like it, seems to derail VAS if the two are used together. Anyone else seen this, and/or got the combination working?

VAS never starts. Or just takes forever? If I remove the script then VAS responds as usual. I suspected some conflicting function names or similar? I'd really like to use it... it's my favorite by far, especially since in SP mode the AI will come heal you too. Just started trying to incorporate VAS so maybe it's something on my end...

Hey, Psycho, I'm using your script with my own save system. It captures state of the player, health and damage to all body parts. Than it saves it to file and loads again on player log in.

I wonder if you could help me with it. How could I check if unit is in "bleedout state" and then put him back in this state when he logs back in?

EDIT: Nm already found the answer myself.

Edited by Champ-1

Psycho, thanks a lot! the best script I saw for "healing".

I know you already answer that this is not a revive, so everyone can bring up a knocked down soldier but is there a way to have some kind of check that only medics or someone with the medikit can heal a downed soldier?

Thanks and again awesome work.

Psycho,

Thank you for making this. We are seeing this is the BEST system we have used to date (even better than BTC Revive/Wounding).

We have packaged this into MCC (as we have with other scripts).

We have just found that if a player joins AFTER the mission has started, the script doesn't initialize on them and they just outright die.

If they were in the lobby when the admin started up the mission, all is well.

This is a bummer as I often make missions, start running the, and then clan-members come in the middle of the mission.

Do you know a simple line to try and re-initialize this each time a player comes on?

Hi,

@Incomitatum, i cant imagine this. Maybee something goes wrong in your implementation? (wrong init-order?) You can try the following step:

open the init_ais.sqf and remove or comment out line 7. (if (!isNil {_unit getVariable "tcb_ais_aisInit"}) exitWith {}; // prevent that a unit run the init twice) If this change something please tell it to me. :-)

@theNach, ok, caused by many wiches for those feature i will add it in a further version. (but it can require some weeks --> me == busy!) ;-)

@DudeGuyManBro, nice idea. The following variable is used to check the if the unit is unconcious: _unit getVariable "tcb_ais_agony"

If you want set a unit uncconcious simply set this variable to true after the AIS was initialized! _unit setVariable ["tcb_ais_agony",true];

@Oktyabr, i dont know how VAS works (cause i never used it before) but i think something goes wrong in your implementation. (did VAS use CfgFunctions too?)

regards

Hey Psycho!

I love how this works, it is very smooth.

What did you use for the revive dialog? It shows percents and fades out. Look very good!

I found a couple of annoying things that I am attempting to solve by my own.

- There's nothing to handle if you are carrying or dragging a soldier and get wounded, the guy you are carrying or dragging simply stays attached to you!

- I didn't check to see if it plays the animations for injured while carrying/dragging (I know there's a really nice one for carrying at least) but it's quite funny to see a hovering soldier above you when you get injured from carrying.

Hope I helped!

**EDIT**

I noticed some wierdness when playing animations, some work with switchmove, some work with playmovenow, and stuff like that.

Is it possible you have it set up but its not playing the animations?

I tried this and nothing happened.... player playMoveNow "amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon_agony";

Edited by SturmFalkeRDA