Guys, it works with all units. I use it with massive usmc. Go into the Config file and comment out the first two execVM, uncomment the third one and replace the last part with allUnits; with no "[ ]" around it.

I have been looking for this since A3 alpha...reminded me of slx from A2.

I second the idea of a mod version as I would load it with just about every editor session I have.

Looking forward to the dragging...and maybe one day carrying fallen comrades.

Biggest issue I have seen is incompatibility with TPW Fall.

TPW gives a visual of AI getting knocked down when hit. It will be.nice if this then kicks in after.

I use this script with bcombat with no issues.

Thanks for this very nice script

so you mean i go to the init.sqf

//by psycho

["%1 --- Executing TcB AIS init.sqf",diag_ticktime] call BIS_fnc_logFormat;

enableSaving [false,false];

enableTeamswitch false;

// TcB AIS Wounding System --------------------------------------------------------------------------

if (!isDedicated) then {

TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";

{[_x] execVM (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits}); // execute for every playable unit

//{[_x] execVM (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player); // only own group - you cant help strange group members

//{[_x] execVM (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5]; // only some defined units

};

// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

take this line

//{[_x] execVM (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5]; // only some defined units

and replace p1,p2,... with allUnits?

and what do you mean with comment out and uncomment?

sorry if my questions seems stupid but iam not very experienced with this stuff and i really want to use the script

Edited by paul der baum

Try adding a line

{[_x] execVM (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf"} ForEach AllUnits;

I am not in front of my PC.

To comment out the one with all playable units put a "//" in front of that line.

Looking forward to the dragging...and maybe one day carrying fallen comrades.

Carry units is already implemented but disabled at the moment. (animations and positioning need some fine tuning before) :o

regards

-Psycho-;2598720']Carry units is already implemented but disabled at the moment. (animations and positioning need some fine tuning before) :o

regards

That's great news Psycho!

-Psycho-;2597986']Guys' date=' nobody can help if you only tell: "Help, it doesnt work. What's wrong?".[/quote']

There is a conflict with the dialogs with members/classes already defined and causes the inevitable ctd when using fockers ai recruitment.. Just wondered if anyone else had powered through it, no biggie and no request or anything.

Still waiting for some time to take for a spin, looks like a great system!

Try adding a line

{[_x] execVM (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf"} ForEach AllUnits;

I am not in front of my PC.

To comment out the one with all playable units put a "//" in front of that line.

still doesnt work. it only makes unplayable units and even enemys (basicly all units :P) affected.

but still modded units dont work and vanilla NATO medics and autorifleman (especially that is really weird)

so i think its a bug in the script but i havent seen anyone complaining about that before (especially the vanilla units issue)

and ps.: there was a small mistake in the line, just a missing bracket. here is the right one for anyone who wants it:

{[_x] execVM (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach AllUnits;

but thanks anyway ;)

Edited by paul der baum

Need to test, but i think i also had some issues with vanilla units not having revive options when using the "switch player" option

Edited by JCae2798

Would love to have an Option like this.

Only Medics with Medkit can Revive.

Other Players with FIK can stop or even better add stome time to the "dying Timer" via First Aid.

Would make Medics Essential but other player could do something to help wounded too.

Hey there,

here comes the next version - and if nobody found a bad bug the final version too!

Whats the new core features and changements:

The option to carry unconcious bodys are enabled now. Also the AI behaviour while searching for wounded comrade are changed. Now not the hole team run for helping you.

If one of the team members are a medic he primarely start to search for wounded players or AI's. If no medic is there the closest squad member will help you.

Download:

https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21578/Wounding%20System%2018012014.7z

Changelog:

Changelog Version 18012014:

- fixed: a animations-bug if you land hard with a parachute

- fixed: tcb_fnc_isMedic interchanged the output value

- fixed: for a short timewindow it was possible to heal the unit by shooting on their

- fixed: every unit with uniform "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt" wont handled by the system caused by a strange damage handling (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16906)

- changed: damage handling reworked

- changed: make the setup parameter "tcb_ais_revive_guaranty" more powerfull

- changed: more randomization to the lifetime

- changed: not every ai group member try to help - primary the medic look for wounded comrades or the closest squadmate

- added: a random delay before the ai try to help you (prevent the ai to run into enemys fire)

- added: carry action and animations

I have made a small video to show the carry feature. The animations are still a bit glitchy but i think the feature self outweigh the benefits.

Have fun!

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

NICE work! Looks like I won't be getting many chores done this weekend ;)

Thanks for sticking with this! I absolutely love having a light weight yet powerful medical system that I can embed in my missions! +1 virtual pint for you, good sir!

EDIT: Can you still fire if you are "carry" the wounded?

Edited by Oktyabr

EDIT: Can you still fire if you are "carry" the wounded?

Good question! I have not tried yet. :bounce3:

btw: this week the system was tested in a coop mission with 50 players without any problems. (version 11012014)

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice, I shall update my missions. Once you confirmed it is fully stable on for the last version, I shall release my Arma 3 missions publicly :) . Nice job on the script, fills in the missing gap of the First Aid Module that I like back in Arma 2.

I still have not seen AI drag/carry units. I am using the script on allUnits as usual. Anyone else having this issue?

Don't know if this was mentioned already. But here is what I found.

If there are other scripts runing with "handle damage" event handler, the damage becomes very unpredictable. One shot kills etc.

Also if you don't have primary weapon during revive it just cancels revive at 15%. Every time.

can we get a possible PBO version im not good a scripts at all :( and this looks awesome i only want to use it for is SP

• Like 1

can we get a possible PBO version im not good a scripts at all :( and this looks awesome i only want to use it for is SP

+1 even though already discussed.

Hmmm... Testing the newest version under Stable 1.08. I get the "drag" option but not the "carry" one. Are there any special conditions that need to be met to see "carry" as an option? Further it seems that the "actual" making commands automatically has returned! At least this time it's not ordering the very last uninjured to proceed to some distant location... I get a lot of "fall back!" type commands, given to a mostly AI squad, always from the squad leader, even if it's ME (and I didn't intend to give any commands!)

I still wish I wasn't the only one (as the human squad leader of an AI squad) that deployed smoke before tending to the wounded. ;)

Edited by Oktyabr

Hello all,

thx for your feedback! Only with your helping feedback i can develop the script to a stable version.

@Oktyabr: You have everytime first start to drag the injured person to become the carry option.

I cant reproduce the problems you discribe. I trie to reproduce it on that way: me and 3 AI --> i shoot down two of them, then myself.

The last AI start to heal the AI im shoot down at the first one, after this both start to search and heal me and the other AI.

Can you make a small mission to reproduce it?

Topic mod.pbo file:

I say it again - i did not want to create this script as a modification cause:

- It can break other scripts or mods that use the handleDamage EH (f.e. Cupcake's Medical System). The most players cant overwatch the consequences if more than one handleDamage EH is working and/or handle in a bad context.

- The mission designer have to select who the script will be executed. It isn't a good idea simply to start it every time for every unit.

In summary only a mission designer should handle it in a unique case for every mission.

However, here is the next version wich fix the problem if the healer hasn't a primary weapon.

Changelog:

Changelog Version 20012014:

- fixed: healing process stop after few seconds if the healer hasn't a primary weapon

- changed: freeze the wounded unit during healing process (cant longer spin around)

- changed: unlock the head movement of the healer during healing process (able to look around during healing)

- changed: disable debug log

Download:

https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21585/Wounding%20System%2020012014.7z

-Psycho-;2602677']

@Oktyabr: You have everytime first start to drag the injured person to become the carry option.

I cant reproduce the problems you discribe. I trie to reproduce it on that way: me and 3 AI --> i shoot down two of them' date=' then myself.

The last AI start to heal the AI im shoot down at the first one, after this both start to search and heal me and the other AI.

Can you make a small mission to reproduce it?

However, here is the next version wich fix the problem if the healer hasn't a primary weapon.

[b']Changelog:[/b]

Download:

https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21585/Wounding%20System%2020012014.7z

Thanks for the new version! As for a simple mission I'm not sure... It doesn't do it all the time, maybe half the time. It might be some sort of morale thing too. Try leading a squad of AI and give them one or two opfor AI to shoot and hopefully get wounded by. It's difficult to test because you want only a one or two of your squad to be injured... too many opfor and they will all get shot. Not enough and your AI will kill them without taking a scratch. I know in my mission it happens when we are pretty outnumbered and usually when about half of my team is injured or dead. Once it happened that I started shouting orders like "4, move left!" when I wasn't injured at all! :confused:

I'll work on coming up with a repro mission that will easily demonstrate it though it might take me a bit of time for experimenting.

Any hopes of seeing AI drag and/or carry others to cover before healing? Or using smoke? Or perhaps another AI laying down covering fire while the healing takes place? I'm no scripter so I can only imagine this would have to be difficult to implement but it's really all that's missing. (And maybe a separate carry option!) Thanks again for your work on this Psycho! I enjoy it very much. :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Having some issues. When playing SP, i get shot and go down, waiting for AI to come revive me, sometimes i will switch units to manually select a unit to come heal my original body. When i do this sometimes the unit i select cannot heal at all. Also when i try to shoot with them i have the wobbling head effects that i cannot shoot at all using them since the AIM is very difficult.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks

Hi JCae2798, pls read he readme. You can find the answer of your problem in their. ;)