2 questions if i may; where is the setting to allow either only medics or everyone to revive? Also are medkits no longer needed? I've seen where i've been hit it seems like but there is no option to heal myself. Maybe it was just a bad test. Thanks!

Also one last thing, I am using this for SP. Has it been tested at all? Seems to work ok but still dealing with a bug i mentioned before but more to come on this as i test more.

Edited by JCae2798

I tried it tonight with a 4 player coop I've been working on. That's me, one player and three other "playable" slots filled by AI. It seemed to work pretty well but whenever the group leader, whether that was me or the next in the chain of command, after I'd been killed, was *wounded* we'd start yelling out commands to the last slot in the group, "4", usually move commands and usually to move somewhere to the left! He would take off on this goose chase even if he was the only left in our group capable of reviving the others. I looked through the scripts but nothing jumped out at me as a likely cause.

I tried it tonight with a 4 player coop I've been working on. That's me, one player and three other "playable" slots filled by AI. It seemed to work pretty well but whenever the group leader, whether that was me or the next in the chain of command, after I'd been killed, was *wounded* we'd start yelling out commands to the last slot in the group, "4", usually move commands and usually to move somewhere to the left! He would take off on this goose chase even if he was the only left in our group capable of reviving the others. I looked through the scripts but nothing jumped out at me as a likely cause.

This is exactly the bug i was trying to point out, but wasn't sure if it was related to my mods or not. I plan today to run it with no mods and see if this still happens. It kills the entire script and makes it unplayable :(

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp2tn829i1q3ki6/2014-01-09_00001.jpg

Here's a screen of issue. No mods. What i did was i killed my own AI, and then the commands started to go crazy until my other AI revived him. If there is a quick fix i can make in the script you would like me to try please share! Thanks

Same problem here. A fix would be very much appreciated

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hello, thanks for your description. With this description i can start a try to reproduce it. But i think is a "standard" arma bug cause i know this problem from every further version from the arma series. If someone know a work around for the radio chatter stuttering please tell me.

I too can confirm the screen blurs. It seems to randomly happen, but somebody will die and another player will be stuck with a blurry screen.

Same that i have told to prykpryk: is it possible to describe some reproducable steps? For the time i start to add some extra safety questions in the scripts to block that these bug can happen.

2 questions if i may; where is the setting to allow either only medics or everyone to revive? Also are medkits no longer needed? I've seen where i've been hit it seems like but there is no option to heal myself. Maybe it was just a bad test. Thanks! Also one last thing, I am using this for SP. Has it been tested at all? Seems to work ok but still dealing with a bug i mentioned before but more to come on this as i test more.

Hello, one of your questions i ask a post before yours. ;-)

There are no settings to say only medics can "revive" cause: it isnt a revive script. This is an first aid / wounding system. Every soldier, every people can start a first aid process. But: only a medic can heal a player fully witch was agony before. Also the health of a player who recived first aid depends on some conditions. If a player who start the first aid process to another unit own a first aid kit can help the other unit more effective as a player without a fak. If the healer is a medic and own a fak as well, the healing effect to the agony unit increased mutch more. And only if the healer is a medic and own a medikit too can heal a unit fully.

I try to release a new version next weekend. During the week i'm working the most time and wont find at the evening the just to edit or play arma.:p

regards

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if you saw my other notes on the bug. I hope it can be fixed :)

From before notes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp2tn829i1...1-09_00001.jpg

Here's a screen of issue. No mods. What i did was i killed my own AI, and then the commands started to go crazy until my other AI revived him. If there is a quick fix i can make in the script you would like me to try please share! Thanks

Thanks again

On that mission I sent you in the last post.

There was a guy in the engineer squad. He joined our squad using the groups menu. Just about every time he died, 1 or all of us would get the drunken blurry screen. Sometimes when another play died, we would also get it. That is about as specific as I can get.

It also happens at lots of other times, so it is hard to specifically gives you steps. Just playing that map for a while and it happens. only way to fix it is to leave and come back.

Here is a video of it happen. Hit most of the server.

Edited by brians200

It's possible I may be asking too much out of the revive system in the mission.

tcb_ais_realistic_mode is currently set to true, exec in init for each playable unit.

Hello,

here comes the new version. It's mainly a bugfix version, nothing realy new stuff. I hope again for some good feedback. (especially about the blur-bug and the ai radio chatter)

Download:

dev-heaven.net: https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21513/Wounding%20System%2011012014.7z

Changelog:

Changelog Version 11012014:

- fixed: two AI's arent longer able to heal mutually if they lie close together

- fixed: animation bug - if a healer die/get unconcious during healing another unit, the healer get stuck sometime in a kneel animation

- fixed: (hopefully) another groupmember get blur-effects if a unit are unconcious

- fixed: if a ex-leader from a strange group join a new group he dont call out as a leader after he was healed

- changed: disable the "commandMove" command for AI healer (maybee this fixed anoying radio chatter)

- changed: a healed AI start to search again for wounded squad members after the unit is concious again

- changed: some small code optimizations

- added: safety barrier to prevent a unit can execute local other units twice

Have fun with it! :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

-Psycho-;2596449']Hello' date='

here comes the new version. It's mainly a bugfix version, nothing realy new stuff. I hope again for some good feedback. (especially about the blur-bug and the ai radio chatter)

[b']Download:[/b]

dev-heaven.net: https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21513/Wounding%20System%2011012014.7z

Changelog:

Have fun with it! :)

Hey can you possible make a PBO version of this? I would just like to add this to my custom folder of mods i use for SP.

I can't say anything about MP screen problems but running it on my small mission the problem with the AI radio chatter seems to be solved :)

I followed around "my" team of four AI as a civilian and they worked to heal each other quite nicely. I noticed that if a fallen team member had a FAK that I, even as a civilian, could still heal him. Nice! When no medical supplies were available it would let me heal him to about 17% and then say "You stopped the healing process" (or something like that). It might be nice to have a different hint for this condition (trying to heal when no FAK or medikit is available) like "You can do nothing to stop the bleeding! You are out of supplies!"

The only tweaks I still would desire, to make this optimal, would be to see the AI actually drag the wounded out of the line of fire (even just part of the time) before healing, *IF* such a location or cover were very close. Even better if they could do this while proned themselves. And the use of smoke for cover while dragging/healing (even just part of the time) ;)

When the mission favored my team they performed well though. When the mission did not favor them usually the entire team was dead within the first 60 seconds of contact, usually because one would get hit and then another would get hit while trying to heal him and so on.

Not perfect yet, IMHO, but it's still my favorite medical system because it's easy to throw into a mission without any add ons and it works as advertised. Nice job!

Edited by Oktyabr

Oktyabr, the message "You stopped the healing process" show when you press (f.e.) the "S"-button during you heal another unit. This is a feature allow you to abort a healing animation if needed. (maybee if you get under fire)

When the mission favored my team they performed well though. When the mission did not favor them usually the entire team was dead within the first 60 seconds of contact, usually because one would get hit and then another would get hit while trying to heal him and so on.

I change some things for that case in a further version. (some ideas in my head) :rolleyes:

regards

-Psycho-;2597051']Oktyabr' date=' the message "You stopped the healing process" show when you press (f.e.) the "S"-button during you heal another unit. This is a feature allow you to abort a healing animation if needed. (maybee if you get under fire)[/quote']

That's what I thought too from my reading here so I tried it again. As a civilian (not under fire), I selected the "drag" action, dragged the fallen out of contact so he would not be shot again, selected the "Drop" action, then the "Heal..." action, the last two only with my mouse (I never touched the keyboard, especially the "S" key). One guy I healed that way, second guy I got that message "You stopped the healing process" and I did NOT press "S". I was a civilian with no FAK or medikit, no gear at all. I assumed that the first guy, the one I healed, healed using one of *his* FAKs and the second one could not be healed because he did not have any FAK left? If this is not what happened then it must be a bug? If this is what happened (I never checked inventory to see if FAK was present or removed after healing) I think it *should be* the way it works. :) Maybe with extra message like I suggested before, if no FAK is found.

I change some things for that case in a further version. (some ideas in my head) :rolleyes:

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you, testing, etc. I really like this script!

Best regards

I can't get this to work and for the life of me I can't figure out why. From what I can tell, everything is set up as it was in the demo mission and yet I'm having no luck with it when trying to use it in my own mission. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

- Sharpshooter.

Has anyone gotten this to work with Fock ai recruitment, I'm hopeless with dialogs.

Guys, nobody can help if you only tell: "Help, it doesnt work. What's wrong?".

the revive/medical systems seems not to work for all modded units and some vanilla units.

i know that nato medics and autorifleman just die but every other units goes down and can be revived, even when you play a medic or autorifleman you'll just die.

modded units (ive tryed massi's rangers) die all. revive doesnt work at all.

i would really appreciate help on this. searched the thread already for this kind of problem but havent found anything.

its really weird but i really want to use this script since its working with AI and thats something i really need.

the revive/medical systems seems not to work for all modded units and some vanilla units.

i know that nato medics and autorifleman just die but every other units goes down and can be revived, even when you play a medic or autorifleman you'll just die.

modded units (ive tryed massi's rangers) die all. revive doesnt work at all.

i would really appreciate help on this. searched the thread already for this kind of problem but havent found anything.

its really weird but i really want to use this script since its working with AI and thats something i really need.

This is probably the issue then, as I'm trying to use it with Massi's Rangers. Any idea if/when they'll be supported?

This is probably the issue then, as I'm trying to use it with Massi's Rangers. Any idea if/when they'll be supported?

Guys, it works with all units. I use it with massive usmc. Go into the Config file and comment out the first two execVM, uncomment the third one and replace the last part with allUnits; with no "[ ]" around it.

I have been looking for this since A3 alpha...reminded me of slx from A2.

I second the idea of a mod version as I would load it with just about every editor session I have.

Looking forward to the dragging...and maybe one day carrying fallen comrades.

Biggest issue I have seen is incompatibility with TPW Fall.

TPW gives a visual of AI getting knocked down when hit. It will be.nice if this then kicks in after.

I use this script with bcombat with no issues.

Thanks for this very nice script

Guys, it works with all units. I use it with massive usmc. Go into the Config file and comment out the first two execVM, uncomment the third one and replace the last part with allUnits; with no "[ ]" around it.

I have been looking for this since A3 alpha...reminded me of slx from A2.

I second the idea of a mod version as I would load it with just about every editor session I have.

Looking forward to the dragging...and maybe one day carrying fallen comrades.

Biggest issue I have seen is incompatibility with TPW Fall.

TPW gives a visual of AI getting knocked down when hit. It will be.nice if this then kicks in after.

I use this script with bcombat with no issues.

Thanks for this very nice script

Which file exactly? I looked around for a 'config' and even poked around through some of the other files to try and find what you were talking about, but to no avail.