A3 Wounding System
_________________________________________________by Psychobastard

Hello,

this wounding system based on the AIS Wounding Module from BonInf*`s Arma 2 version. Again this one based on the vanilla wounding module from BIS. (but it wasnt MP compatible)
Well, essentially not a completely new stuff. But i think this was one of the best wounding systems we had with Arma. Cause i wont miss it in upcoming Arma 3 missions i rewrite and expand the system for further use.

The greatest advantage i see in the system is that you dont realy die before the unit go in agony. (what happens by any other normal revive system) That fact give the mission designer the possibility to create non-respawn missions with a revive system, too. The second big advantage is the possibility for unconcious players by pressing "W" to roll on their jelly and crawl forward or empty their loaded magazine. The following short video i had made in the early alpha state of the development. (over 8 month ago) The effects are completely reworked since this days. Nevertheless you can watch the core features of the system well.

Core Features:
- Fully AI compatible revive system
- Fully SP/MP, HC and JIP compatible
- Teamswitch compatible
- Setup file to change easy the behavior of the revive system
- A lot of options to choose between arcade or a more realistically usage of medics
- Option to select a realistic damage handling (die immediately by heavy explosions f.e.)
- Injury state without dying immediately
- Compatible for missions without respawn
- drag, carry, drop and load injury units
- Option to change damage tolerance
- A lot of visual effects and discreet information’s around the gameplay
- Unconscious units are able to roll on their jelly and perform simple actions
- Most time consumption actions are visualized and can be aborted if needed
- Markers and HUD show injury units on the map (if wanted)

Attention!  - Update from 24.06.2017 or later -

If you are a mission designer who already use this revive system and want to update your mission:

Newest version is a complete rewrite with new setup file and new functions. I recommend to test the mission before you release a update with the new AIS revive script package.

Screenshoots:

ais_setup.sqf:

// by Psychobastard
// AIS REVIVE Setup-File

//__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
// v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Main Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v

AIS_REVIVE_INIT_UNITS              =     "allPlayables"; // Auto-Init a group of units: "allPlayers" , "allPlayables" , "allUnits", "allUnitsBLUFOR", "allUnitsOPFOR", "allUnitsINDFOR", "allUnitsCIVILIAN"
                                                                                     // Warning: I didn't recomment to use "allUnits" if you play with a lot of AI units! AIS is mainly created for players and/or their AI group.
AIS_MEDICAL_EDUCATION         =     0;                    // Who can revive an unconscious unit? 0 == Everybody, 1 == Everybody with a First Aid Kit or Medkit, 2 == Only Medics (this affects both, AI and players!).
AIS_REVIVE_GUARANTY             =     true;               // If true you will fall everytime in uncoscious mode, regardless how strong the impact of damage was.
AIS_MEDEVAC_STATIONS           =    [];                    // Add one or more objects and a radius to activate the medevac feature. If enabled revive is only at this place(s) possible. Empty array []  means feature is disabled.
                                                                                   // Syntax: f.e.: [ [myMedevacVehicle, 15], [myMedicTent, 10] ]    --> make sure the variable name is avalible at gamestart. Otherwise call it later in a function.

//__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
//    v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Optional Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v 

AIS_DAMAGE_TOLLERANCE_FACTOR =     1;                 // A higher value means more damage tolerance. 1 is Vanilla. 0.8 mean all damage will reduce to 80% of Vanilla.
AIS_BLEEDOUT_TIME                         =     300;             // Basic life time in seconds until the unit bleed out and die.. The real life time depends on the real damage of the unit. (can be less or more time from the basic value)
AIS_REVIVETIME                                 =     30;                // Basic revive time in seconds. The real revive time depends on the real damage of the unit. (can be less or more time from the basic value)
AIS_STABILIZETIME                            =     20;                // Basic stabilize time in seconds to stop the bleeding of a unconscious unit. The real revive time depends on the real damage of the unit. (can be less or more time from the basic value)
AIS_REVIVE_HEAL                              =     false;            // If set to true the injured unit get completely healed after the revive. (casual gameplay without a medic)
AIS_TOGGLE_RADIO                          =     true;             // If set to true, unconscious players cannot use his TFAR or ACRE radios.
AIS_NO_CHAT                                     =     true;             // If set to true, a injured player cannot use text chat during he is uncoscious.
AIS_AI_HELP_RADIUS                        =     100;             // Number, Radius in metres. Units in this radius will help to revive if no group member is able to revive. Max value is 200 metres.
AIS_DISABLE_RESPAWN_BUTTON    =    30;                // Time in seconds while the respawn button is disabled (Esc Menu). Set to 0 to enable the respawn button everytime.

//    v v v v v v v v v v v v  --- Visual Settings --- v v v v v v v v v v v v 

AIS_SHOW_UNC_MARKERS            =     true;             // If set to true, a marker will show injured units on the map.
AIS_SHOW_UNC_MESSAGE_TO     =     "Group";         // "None", "Side", "Group" --> who read the message about wounded units.
AIS_SHOW_UNC_3D_MARKERS     =      true;             // If set to true, an in-game visible 3D-icon shows you the position of injured units (within a range of 20 metres and 35 metres for medics).
AIS_IMPACT_EFFECTS                    =     true;             // Set to true to enable impact effects. (simple simluation of supressing effects)
AIS_SHOW_COUNTDOWN               =     true;             // If set to true, an unconscious unit will be able to see the bleed out timer.
AIS_SHOW_DIARYINFO                    =     true;             // If set to true, a diary entry with some informations about the AIS (Credits, features, How to) is added.

Readme and Documentation:

Find the readme, a complete documentation and guide as downloadable content:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7qmUXIuDcS9RkdYMThIaTYyZHc?resourcekey=0-sudofJ6LRyyhvATZymXDuw&usp=sharing

Download sources:

Have fun!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Best revive system I've seen.

Though I would like to disable those messages on death screen.

Also there are some MOVE markers on the map, don't know what is that for.

And wounded visual effect don't work with NVG on.

Simple, works as described. I like it! I haven't tested it with any other mods yet though and I wonder how it might behave with FFIS, etc. Get the "drag" working and we'll be set!

Hello,

thx for feedback at all!

Though I would like to disable those messages on death screen.

No problem. I can add a parameter in the setup file to disable the dead-dialog.

Also there are some MOVE markers on the map, don't know what is that for.

That are waypoint markers. These waypoints are spawn if a unit need your help. Normaly these wp's got deleted after a respawn. I know, these wp-markers dont look realy good and be a little bit confused. Maybee i delete them.

And wounded visual effect don't work with NVG on.

I will take a eye on it. :)

FFIS influenced the AI behaviour. This script did this too. Maybee FFIS tell the AI "go prone" and the wounding system scream " no, stand up and help your mate!". maybee it takes longer until a AI helps you cause the jump on the ground during they run to your position. But, the wounding system influenced the AI's behaviour rarely under some conditions. The AI helps you first time after less than two healty players in your group. That means the AI help if the group is just before a complete fail. The reason for that is that the AI soldiers dont jump outside their cover and run across the battlefield every time if another group member fall in agony.

regards

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

Update!

Download: https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/21483/Wounding%20System%2003012014.7z

Changelog:

- added: drag animations

- added: setup parameter to enable/disable the deadcam and the dead-dialog

- added: some alternative example execution methods in the init.sqf

- added: units fall in agony disable their NVG's for one time

- removed: waypoint markers on map are a little bit confusing

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice work, thanks for the update Psycho ! :)

Not had chance to test yet but,

- a critical hit (direct headshot or heavy explosions) kill a unit immediately if realisitic-mode is enabled

That there is what all other systems have been lacking! :cool:

Psycho,

This is just awesome. Best revive/AI revive I have seen. Just tested it with bCombat too and there are no problems.

Superb work mate.

PS for those interested I have tested with Virtual Training System by Letranger and overridden the built-in revive. Just need to get it to add the revive to all units spawned on-the-fly and I'm a happy chappy !

For shits and giggles, you can execute those already wounded! Oh and for the next version psyscho you may want to implement a setcaptive, if the reviver is a hostile :)

EDIT: Can't believe just how amazing this is !! TRY IT OUT !

Edited by Kremator

Can this be made as a mod, meaning its always on without us inserting it into the mission?

• Like 1

That would be lovely ^^

Found a bug psycho. If an AI is reviving another unit, and they are killed while reviving, they remain in the healing animation pose.

Also have not noticed if units from another friendly group will revive members of another group.

EDIT following a huge session with VTS, ALiVE, bCombat, JSRS, Blastcore etc etc: Really great! I noticed that if I re-add it to allUnits they will autorevive if downed. This is obviously odd behaviour - something to do with eventhandlers ?

Back to testing .....

Edited by Kremator

Can this be made as a mod, meaning its always on without us inserting it into the mission?

Theoretically yes. But that isn't the goal what iam looking for.

If you use want to use this wounding module as a everytime working mod first you have to ensure that no other revive system is working in any played mission. That means other system break down. I dont want to break any other work.

The script is for mission designers for use in their own missions. Also you can implement it less time than 3 minutes in every existing mission if you need. Its simply a unexpected way to use the wounding system in a everytime running mod. :)

If an AI is reviving another unit, and they are killed while reviving, they remain in the healing animation pose.

Thx for report this. Will be fixed in further versions.

I noticed that if I re-add it to allUnits they will autorevive if downed. This is obviously odd behaviour - something to do with eventhandlers ?

Mainly this wounding system is created for players and their playable ai comrades. If you want to use this script for every exisitng AI you can do it. But you have to make sure that it runs for every unit on every lokal client machine only one time. If you add it twice it cant work. Its possible to do what you have tried but it's not the simpliest way to do so. :p How i told before, expected way of use is for players and their ai comrades.

Also have not noticed if units from another friendly group will revive members of another group.

No, you and every other player can do this. But an AI will only help comrades from their own group. Reason is the way of expectad usage i explain before. Maybee i add this feature in further versions. But at the moment i see no priority for that topic. Also have a look at the init.sqf and the execution examples. The way of execution can change the way who can help who, too.

regards

Thanks for your answers mate. Really loving this. Would it be very difficult to get other AI (not in your group) to come over (assuming in the 30m radius) and revive you? If not for now, perhaps a feature request for future versions :) I'll tell you why.... I'm using your revive with ALiVE and it is great. However, sometimes I find poor AI being passed by friendly AI that don;t rez them :( This would really add to a whole battlefield theme where noone (even poor AI !) get left behind :)

I'm going to be creating a MP Campaign and hope to use this :) Fantastic! I did not want to have to script my own revive system. Thank you!

Would it be okay if I tweaked it a little? I wanted to make it so players needed certain "medical" supplies to revive/fully heal others for the MP campaign (Makes players actully scavenge for more than just ammo/guns :) )

thanks Psycho

-Psycho-;2591161']

FFIS influenced the AI behaviour. This script did this too. Maybee FFIS tell the AI "go prone" and the wounding system scream " no' date=' stand up and help your mate!". maybee it takes longer until a AI helps you cause the jump on the ground during they run to your position. But, the wounding system influenced the AI's behaviour rarely under some conditions. The AI helps you first time after less than two healty players in your group. That means the AI help if the group is just before a complete fail. The reason for that is that the AI soldiers dont jump outside their cover and run across the battlefield every time if another group member fall in agony.

regards[/quote']

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry, I should have been more clear in my first post. One of my biggest reasons for using FFIS is because I like the way the AI will use smoke to cover their movements, especially when it comes to reaching a wounded for healing. I really like your system for revive. Have you given any thought to including the use of smoke to assist in reaching/reviving the wounded unit?

Psycho you mentioned that this is for local (players and their AI). Is there an issue with having this all server sided (I suppose this goes along with the full AI revive environment question of mine)?

Anyone else notice a bug where the units keep saying "move up" or repeating commands for all units individually over and over? For example, in the test missions itself, i killed my own guy to test and it kept saying "1, move u' "2, move up" 3 move up" etc…. I can tell them to stop which it adds my command but then reverts back to the loop. Weird maybe something to do with my current mods

Would it be okay if I tweaked it a little?

Yes of course, nice to see that its usefull for you. :)

Have you given any thought to including the use of smoke to assist in reaching/reviving the wounded unit?

Hi, no i dont want to include this feature cause: this function need to transmit a command from the clients to the server. That end in more traffic and did not fit to the design of the architekture. Smoke is realy a nice feature but also a part for AI behaviour modifications. Sorry.

Is there an issue with having this all server sided (I suppose this goes along with the full AI revive environment question of mine)?

This will ends up with yellow/red chain. :p The biggest part of the wounding system are effects and informations for the local player. It exist no reason to switch any part to the server side.

btw: i cant reproduce your bug Kremator. If i kill the AI during a healing process the healer AI stop the healing animation everytime.

@JCae2798, sounds like a old vanilla bug. Maybee a intersection with other mods how you has sayd before.

regards

Great revive! i like it and it works on my local server but when i try to run it on the game server (MP) it doesn't work :( does it require a further transaction when i put it in mp missions? maybe it doesn't work because i'm a noob, but i'm sure i've done all in the right way :cool:

The only little little flaw according to me is that i can't put a limit of time you can be revived, can i?

and more more little then before, if i were i you i would put as default that the system runs out 1 first aid and it requires the medikit to work.

sorry for my english and for my arrogance :bounce3:

ty for your time :o

• Like 1

This is my best candidate for a light, mission oriented revive system... smoke or no smoke! One mission I am working on is a hostage rescue. Once you free the hostages they are joined to your group. Once this happens will the AI that were already in my group revive these new additions too or is there something else I must do to get this to happen? Thanks for your work on this.

During the last mission my mates told me their display was swaying or blurring when I died.

During the last mission my mates told me their display was swaying or blurring when I died.

Hi, i need more infos for this. Maybee you can tell me a way to reproduce this?

Once this happens will the AI that were already in my group revive these new additions too or is there something else I must do to get this to happen?

Nothing else you have to do as start your hostage the script too. I a further version i add a easier possibility to include other units. At the moment you can execute it something like this: {[_x] execVM "..."} forEach (playableUnits + [myHostage]);

i like it and it works on my local server but when i try to run it on the game server (MP) it doesn't work does it require a further transaction when i put it in mp missions?

It works on self hosted environment and dedicated too. Only SP i have not tested. You cant add a exactly lifetime limit but you can adjust the random scaler in the included setup file.

Nice to see that so much people want to use it in their missions. :)

regards

It's great psycho. My only wish, as I said before (to make it battlefield friendly) is for other units, in close proximity, to come and revive other players/AI.

^ that would be a nice feature.. DAP had something similar did it not?

Anyway thanks for this great script

Edited by SavageCDN