Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Dynamic Volume for Voice Channels

I just thought of this today, wouldn't it be great if we could control the volume for each voice channel separately?

Imagine you only wanted to hear from your group, you could turn down all other channels except the group channel. I believe that the direct channel should remain at it's current volume and be heard at all times by everyone within vicinity.

Maybe even automatically adjust the volume based on priority levels(Dynamic). Let's say I have group channel as priority 1 and vehicle channel as priority 2, if someone is talking on side and then someone talks on group, the side channel volume will lower and the group channel volume will raise so you hear from your group member first. This could be selected and tailored by each individuals preferences.

If it would be set up the priority way, where the user would number each channel, they would then set a low and high volume level.

An example of how someone might prioritize their channels:

Group - Priority 1

Command - Priority 2

Vehicle - Priority 3

Side - Priority 4

Global - Priority 5

It's pretty simple in how it would work, really. What do you guys think?

Edited by Nicholas

Lack of something like that is the reason I have disabled VON altogether, damn kids shouting and farting on Global is something I don't want to hear, but I'd like to have at least Vehicle and Group channels open

Lack of something like that is the reason I have disabled VON altogether, damn kids shouting and farting on Global is something I don't want to hear, but I'd like to have at least Vehicle and Group channels open

You do know that you can mute people, right? Open your map and click on Players. Then select the player you want to mute and hit the mute button.

You do know that you can mute people, right? Open your map and click on Players. Then select the player you want to mute and hit the mute button.

I do yes, but I tend to play those persistent missions where players come and go all the time, muting individual players can get a bit distracting after a while.

xAZZax4.png

Would be fantastic to be able to mute entire channels (e.g. Global, Side - at times). Also, I'd love to be able to turn UP the volume on direct - always hard to hear others vs. other channels, even when standing right next to you/them. The individual mute option is nice but a chore in reality - as players come/go regularly (at least on public servers) so managing the mute function is a pain. That said, I need to start using mute more often.

This is why I stopped playing on public ARMA2 servers a few days after purchasing it and started looking for squads :) I don't even know how people can enjoy stuff like Wasteland or whatever when there are people playing music in their mics, screaming in high pitched voices, and making creepy sounds when they get shot.

This is why I stopped playing on public ARMA2 servers a few days after purchasing it and started looking for squads :) I don't even know how people can enjoy stuff like Wasteland or whatever when there are people playing music in their mics, screaming in high pitched voices, and making creepy sounds when they get shot.

Try Tactical Battlefield (PvP mod for public pvp gameplay). Even though it is a public PVP, ppl seem to be mature and von is used as it should be. And if it isn't, there is almost always admins on.

Ok, Subscribed. I thought of this too. I love this idea. It's not a mod, and is a GREAT, no, FANTASTIC way of dealing with VON, in which i usually have muted. I cant stand having to find some players and mute them, but that's in a different situation. This is great. BIS, take note.

I typically play with Teamspeak as well as use the in-game VON, but sometimes the traffic on the channels will get to be too much. That's why it would be nice to have priority channels and allow us to control the volume of each channel individually.

I wish that ACRE would become the standard, that would be awesome.

Volume per channel and I'd also like to see another thing. If 2 or more are talking at the same time in same channel, lower the other ones volume by 25% or something. Whoever spoke first gets priority. It's impossible to hear what either one is saying otherwise.

First speaker = 100%

Second = 75%

Third = 50%

Rest = 25%

Something like that