Macser

ArmaRig for Blender

Would there be a way to insert a 2nd dummy character potentially? It would make making animations with 2 characters interacting so much easier! I do remember seeing a thread or a post with something similar in the past, but I don't seem able to find it again.

13 minutes ago, MrPolka said:

Would there be a way to insert a 2nd dummy character potentially? It would make making animations with 2 characters interacting so much easier! I do remember seeing a thread or a post with something similar in the past, but I don't seem able to find it again.

you can just duplicate the existing object and armature..

My efforts to duplicate the dummy have failed, the other dummy cannot be modified in any way. Probably doing something wrong, is there a proper way to do it?

Well, you'd have to retarget some of the constraints too. Even if you'd duplicated objects. Which you can't by default. But selection can be switched on and off from the outliner. Look for the arrow icon beside the object in question.

In the meantime, this is a temporary blend file. Be careful though. Another character will make things more awkward.

http://www.filedropper.com/armarigv63dual

I use a plug-in to import toadies unbinned rtms. However when it imports it breaks the hand red icon which moves the hands. Is there a fix for this or a way to connect it to the armarig again?

If you mean the script on github, I'm familiar with it. It works fine, but it can't deal with Inverse kinematics. Which is presumably why the constraints are disabled by default on import.

If you don't, you get quite a mess. Because the Ik targets have no key frames within the rtms to drive them. So nothing is "broken". It's behaving as expected.

It's not a simple process to build the rig to accommodate rtm import and retain IK functionality. Although it's possible.

But for example it still works to a certain degree cause the weapon stance and arms are still being utilised and it’s just the fingers and hands are just everywhere. Is there away once you import the rtm to edit the key frame. These are just weapon hand animations where the hand and fingers hold the gun. 

I’m a noob at this stuff so just trying to see if there’s a work around. If not all good. Thanks the for response!

I'm not sure. What method are you using to export? BVH? Or the arma toolbox?

Secondly, I don't recognise that rig. Maybe it's the modified one Ruff posted above?

@ruff It'll work where ever a bone in the rtm matches a bone in the armature. But not the ik targets (red triangles in this case). You could try snapping the ik target to the hand bone after import.

thanks for the answers @Macser and @HorribleGoat ...
I using BVH and arma toolbox but same problem ... for version, it's old armarig, i have multiple versions.

finally, I did everything again with armarig 6.3 :
https://gyazo.com/19fdb8bd76658258eafb138192f39888

with arma toolbox I can create RTM but ingame :
https://gyazo.com/e05b3890dc5d832d1b61d15018300efc

with BVH = https://gyazo.com/66fe8399003691ffeedb656fb8d55b70

Right now I'm looking for my mistake , animations are not my domain!

On 2/16/2021 at 3:48 AM, Macser said:

I'm not sure. What method are you using to export? BVH? Or the arma toolbox?

Secondly, I don't recognise that rig. Maybe it's the modified one Ruff posted above?

@ruff It'll work where ever a bone in the rtm matches a bone in the armature. But not the ik targets (red triangles in this case). You could try snapping the ik target to the hand bone after import.

How do you snap it back

It's not exactly ideal. And would mean messing about with some of the other bones in the chain.

If you select the hand bone and hit Shift-S "cursor to selected", that should give you a good location. Then select the ik target, for the hand, and hit Shift-S again. This time choose "Selection to cursor".

After that reactivate the ik constraint if it was inactive.

Is there a way to be able to smoothly move the fingers without turning them into abominations? 😂

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I haven't experienced any problems while moving the fingers. Could you cite an example of what you mean?

The first page has been updated with a couple of links.

The first page has been updated with some new information. Links have been refreshed and one addition has been made.

There used to be a video around explaining how to change wepaon proxy for the rig? Is that video still around, I can't seem to be able to find it 😞

Edit: Found it!

I have a new/old question. I'm trying to make a starship trooper bug who's legs actually work. They use IK to move. Do you know anything about setting up a custom skeleton? or know of anyone who might know? Also you look like the kinda guy who knows how to actually import stuff into arma3.