Sign in to follow this  
mikie boy

WIP...[FOCK]ers AI Revive (SP)

Working in Progress.....

[FOCK]ers AI_REVIVE WIP

In early stages, but so far seems to be working without any major issues.

This is a Single player utility at the moment, but hopefully once I've sorted most of the basics out will move across to MP.

It is supposed to be a fairly light weight revive script of the AI. The idea is for the AI to mimic the revive scripts for Human players currently in rotation in A3.

At present the AIs will revive one another and the player can revive an AI, I haven't started the revive player by AI yet.

Basically...AI gets shot, he calls (activated via

AIRev = [this] execVM "AI_RespawnInit.sqf";

in any units init) for the medic, who can be any player currently designated by...

medArray = [this] execvm "AI_MedicTest.sqf"; AIRev = [this] execVM "AI_RespawnInit.sqf";

The computer works out who is the closest medic available (not dead, or not currently assisting anyone else), and then that medic will make his way (using doMove) to the injured AI. Due to the use of the "doMove" command, it seems that the Medic AI will get to them when he can, and wont run aimlessly into harms way. Once close enough the medic will revive the AI.

If however the player revives the AI first then the medic AI will disengage.

If no human player has got to the injured AI, and the AI medic on route to the AI is killed, then a second call is made to the closest AI Medic Available. If there are no medics available or the timer runs out, or they have been revived twice already, then that AI dies.

(Each AI has a limit of 2 revives - they die on the third).

Any AI medic injured (post revive) is removed from the AI Medic list, once revived he is added back to that list.

During revive AI Medics are invincible.

The code is a bit messy at the moment, and the animation niceties have not been fully address until this is complete. Only found a few bugs at present, bit it seems to be working ok. Think the plan is to incorporate a whole system of AI and human revive on a MP format...

Youtube clip added

Download - basic mission for Testing purposes ONLY at the moment, not fit for Actual release

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17725328/BIS_forum/Fock_AI_Revive7.Stratis.rar

Let me know what you guys thinks.

Mike

Interesting, are you looking to make it a full Revive suite or just to make it a fair fight for the AI?

Iceman77...

Thanks for the release Mikie! *cough* MP tutorial *cough*

lol -cheers bud, yes i know ive been fairly useless in last few months - MSc is taking up most of my time,but i will get it done in 2014 :)

@LKincheloe - it started as a fair fight script, not even sure why, but im working on a ranked based database save system, and i guess the medic element will be added via this - so yeah full revive. i will however release this as it is with the revive of the player by ai soon.

Nice Mikie. The holy grail is a system,MP compatible, that works seamlessly with AI and players. Like others that are doing revives at the moment, it does need the chance of instadeath however. The AI can attend the person, as if the are alive, but won't be able to help them.

Looking good so far!

The holy grail is a system,MP compatible, that works seamlessly with AI and players.

Cheers Kremator - I think thats where this is heading - even if i get it set up - im sure someone can tidy it up

The AI can attend the person, as if the are alive, but won't be able to help them.

Yeah its kinda like that now but i can def implement that on a getHit location system, or if im really lazy a random system lol

Now with added AI reviving players - video to show the work in progress

Can this be revived? PUN intended,

testing now and it seems to be working great.But the last post i dont believe ever got implimented as the player does not recieve revive

• Haha 1

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17725328/Arma3/Fock_AI_Revive8.Stratis.rar

havent looked at this in a long time - last thing i did before stopping.

I think this is the correct one that mirrors the youtube video. Hopefully in November ill be returning to Arma scripting and might actually complete the MP version as well

I think this is the correct one that mirrors the youtube video. Hopefully in November ill be returning to Arma scripting and might actually complete the MP version as well

I just want to say

THANK YOU

for your scripting guide...

not very often you find such information presented in such a humorous fashion

Cheers Mikie boy

Your a gentleman!

Thanks mate