Sign in to follow this  
Eargasm

Missing file from mission

I have created a new mission for my community but when the mission is launched on the server and people join the server then says "Mission cannot be played as it is dependent on content that has been deleted" but the thing is the file is there, its programmed into the mission scripts and we have the mod for it enabled. Can't figure out why this error keeps showing up.

Sounds like you're the map was built with addons. If the people have said addon(s) then maybe you've built the map with a differing version.

The mission file runs fine with no errors on my desktop but when we launch it on the server it has problems.

So we know either A) The server isn't running the correct addons you've built the map with or B) Clients have differing version(s) and/or wrong addons.

Review the rpt for the server and it will tell you what your missing.

Is it a gameserver you are renting Eargasm?

We are renting a full dedicated machine from Vilayer for Arma 2. We are running a modded version of Island Life and for some reason when we have the same mods on the server as we do on our PC's the server returns an error but not when we host from our PC's. I don't know whats going on because I haven't had this issue before. Error says suburban_swat.pbo is missing but its physically there because I personally uploaded it and enabled the mods to run server side.

Open the mission.sqm and look at the addons listed there and make sure the mission is listing the files.

They are listed in the mission.sqm. Let me look some more into it.

I did run into an issue that maybe a simple fix. If example the server was running a mod pack named @RRC and I was running my mod pack with the same content but named @XXX would that be the problem?

Good question, but if the server requires you to have the same files as it does then yes you need to have the same named folder ect,.

Still doesn't work even with the correction to the folder name.

Usually this is caused by the server not loading the required addons (especially since you mention it works fine running on your PC). Even if you have them setup properly etc in your control software, batch file, etc I would double check it as well as making sure the addon folders on the server have the proper folder structure:

@addon_name\Addons\name_of_pbo_files.pbo

Also make sure whatever addons you are loading also have any required addons loading as well (ie: ACE requires CBA, etc)

Where are you seeing this error message? In the .rpt file, server console window?

When we try to join the server and select the player slot, we receive the mission file and it gives us an error saying we cant play the mission or edit the mission because a file is missing. Then it wont let us play the mission but we can join the server. Thing is the server has the same mods that we run on our PC's and is setup the same way!

hmm.. well if it was a server-side mods issue (not loading, mods missing) you wouldn't even get that far - you'd get "Cannot play this mission" spam in the server console window as soon as someone joined the server. What you are describing happens when the client doesn't have all required mods... but you say that is not the case... so I'm not sure where the problem could be.

I did run into an issue that maybe a simple fix. If example the server was running a mod pack named @RRC and I was running my mod pack with the same content but named @XXX would that be the problem?

This would only be an issue if you have this outdated setting enabled

equalModRequired = 1;

Clients require the exact same modfolder naming, order and amount as the server. 1 means active, 0 disabled.

If that is the case remove that and use

verifySignatures = 2;

instead

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

Edited by SavageCDN

We will give it a try. The other thing is the mods run the exact mission file on a different map with no problems. But we are having the problems when we ported and converted the mission file over to the new map. The old map was Celle the new map is Taviana if that helps.

Edited by Eargasm

Post the rpt of the server it will usually tell you what files you are missing, or having issues with.

Problem is solved and thanks for the help!