Sign in to follow this  
rehtus777

See, I told you the modding community will be active

another one, who vent not so well in to a new year?
Also not so well in to new year??
you seem bit angry, bruh?

How is this helpful? Or at all a response to what tinemem said? Passive-aggressively putting people down who don't agree with you will not further the discussion.

I'm also not sure why we are discussing Arma 2, or why this thread is even still being commented on, really, since the meaning of the OP has apparently been completely rewritten to something that no one ever has disagreed with.

@ gnat, once you figured out how to increase multicore usage, enable proper culling of objects, and core improvements other than just a bunch of new vehicles, then you are justified in your self importance. until then, stay humble. i've already done more for the game in terms of new visual techniques and performance in the short time i've been here than your entire multi year modding career by creating shadow mapping demonstration pieces in mlod format.

i kinda fail to see how you have the authority to tell "modders" what to do? there is no "the modders". just some individuals doing stuff. maybe you should take your own advice and be a bit more humble instead of talking like some kind of authority. every post i saw by you so far reeks of self importance.

i mean i know that some people can be a little elitist around here and all that but in my book you are just another one of them. take a look in the mirror. just saying :p

btw: what is this important shadow mapping thing you did "for the game"? care to provide a link? i'm genuinely curious since you make it sound like it's super amazing (pls do, i'm serious).

it's in the stencil shadows vs shadow mapping thread. and i agree, i did go full elitist there, but it's intended as a "see, i can do it too" example. anyway, "BUT WE GETZ MORE UNITZ AND GUNZ" is not a good counter argument to why modding is not a panacea to the problems in this game.

err. i read it. what you wrote there is common knowledge. so don't flatter yourself. no idea why this makes you a greater achiever than someone sinking months into making a fully functional vehicle. maybe i'm taking your posts too serious though...

it's in the stencil shadows vs shadow mapping thread. and i agree, i did go full elitist there, but it's intended as a "see, i can do it too" example. anyway, "BUT WE GETZ MORE UNITZ AND GUNZ" is not a good counter argument to why modding is not a panacea to the problems in this game.

You mean you talked about shadows? How is that doing something for the game? Get off your high horse and be a bit more respectful. There's really nothing more to be said.

i could also start by "i've done more then you think" stuff. I was the one, who created a thread, about the shadows still being ugly jitterish, and need a fix in a 2013 game, just before arma 3 alpha came. Now it got fixed more or less. But who cares lol. If you bring a cool mission people like or a mod, this will bring you a great achievment, and not just talk.

The whiners will always be on the forums doing their thing while the majority of people enjoying the game are playing it.

Some rather important features that BI said they were working on still haven't materialized, and there haven't been any updates on their status from BI in a while. In particular the lack of a gear/loadout gui in the editor is a huge deterrent for people who want to get into mission editing and the like. Also if they had simply included some kind of cargo plane like the C130 that would have been enough to make me pretty happy.

Some rather important features that BI said they were working on still haven't materialized, and there haven't been any updates on their status from BI in a while. In particular the lack of a gear/loadout gui in the editor is a huge deterrent for people who want to get into mission editing and the like. Also if they had simply included some kind of cargo plane like the C130 that would have been enough to make me pretty happy.

ever visited arma 3 steam workshop?

My tendency is to being a lone wolf and am really loving ALiVE+Editor, playing amidst hundreds of AI bots. Its occupying all my time in the Armaverse right now. To me it really brings home the notion that the only limit to Arma is the (unlimited) imagination of its community.

And lets not forget Virtual Ammo Box mod.

Edited by MissionCreep

Yes, and as far as I can tell there is no mod on there that lets you change a unit's loadout in the editor without having to script it manually. If you could point me to one that does, that would be fantastic.

And lets not forget Virtual Ammo Box mod.

Virtual ammo box doesn't let me change an AI unit's loadout, I have to use scripting to add and remove items. Also telling everyone to just go grab gear from a box is hardly an ideal solution.

yep, i did missread your post. VAB is a cool thing, but it's a cheat at same time. I'm doing missions for myself and coop with friends, always using ammo boxes from editor. Some say, hey why not use virtual ammo box? I say, you are in the army son, you have to use what was given to you! And yes, making a mission can be really frustrating, takes lots of time for unecessary stuff, which could be done in seconds with 3D editor for example...

Make a pisitive thread about arma 3, espect pessimists assault within seconds. Thats how bi forums do look currently. It's simply sad.

Make a negative thread about Arma 3, expect White Knights to assault within seconds. That's how the BI forums do look currently. And I agree with you, it's simply sad.

LOl, there's like 20 people left on these forums and still the same few attacking/defending :p

As to the OP, mods have made the game better in certain areas yet it's just harder for me to get into the series as much any longer. Maybe too much time in the editor starts to reveal too many shortcomings after a while. Still, a good break and it's usually fun to return back from time to time. :)

VAB is a cool thing, but it's a cheat at same time. I'm doing missions for myself and coop with friends, always using ammo boxes from editor. Some say, hey why not use virtual ammo box? I say, you are in the army son, you have to use what was given to you!

For gameplay, I prefer to be the kid-in-the-candy-store, like those elite operators who can pretty much kit themselves out with anything they want.

If I was hell-bent on realism, I'd have to spend 91% of my gameplay in Arma as a cook or a clerk or a driver or at sentry duty on a base in Kansas, according to this

http://www.todaysmilitary.com/military-myth-versus-reality

:)

LOl, there's like 20 people left on these forums and still the same few attacking/defending :p

As to the OP, mods have made the game better in certain areas yet it's just harder for me to get into the series as much any longer. Maybe too much time in the editor starts to reveal too many shortcomings after a while. Still, a good break and it's usually fun to return back from time to time. :)

I hear ya.... I haven't put in as much time as you have with the series, so I don't have 'burn out' yet. When Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out, I put in over 800 hours on that game over 2 years ...... by the time I was in the 700 hour range of play (same 30 maps over and over and over again), I was sick of it. But, ArmA at least gives us a more dynamic range of stuff to do with the series do-to the mods and editor (as you already know). As of right now, I've got somewhere around 600 hours on ArmA 3 and I still don't have burn-out yet..... I've only scratched the surface with the game. Maybe when I'm around 2000 hours, I'll finally say, "it's just harder for me to get into the series as much any longer" - then hopefully something new will come out, like a new DLC.

Make a negative thread about Arma 3, expect White Knights to assault within seconds. That's how the BI forums do look currently. And I agree with you, it's simply sad.

are we playing: "turn around all i'm saying" game now?

Well I think this thread has reached its full potential and is ready to go play with the big boys from the closed threads category.

If you wish to discuss a particular topic from this thread, be sure to check if a thread with a similar topic already exists.

Thank you, closing thread.