Sign in to follow this  
ParaStrike

AI Attack/Destroy Neutral or Civillian Targets

You know when you search the whole "interwebs" to solve your ARMA scripting problem, and spend 5 hours trying to get one action to work? Well this is currently me.

I am trying to get any AI to attack and destroy a building.

My ultimate goal is to create a simple template we can use to have any unit, target and destroy static map objects.

i.e. tanks destroying cities, planes bombing bridges, civilians throwing rocks at bushes. :)

I have tried dofire, dotarget, dowatch, and doreveal.

I have tried to at a -10000 rating to the structure.

I have added "Destroy" waypoints.

I have used Gamelogic to define the map object's name

I can make an AT soldier blowup any vehicle with these commands. This works for friendly, enemy, empty, and Civilian.

I cannot however get any vehicle to attack these same targets. Nor can I get the AT soldier to fire at the building.

Thanks.

have you tried getting the id of the buildings and dotarget or dofire them, it might work, might not. I am by far a scripting master, but worth a try since your having trouble. Or would placing an enemy there with the probability of presence at zero beside said buildings work?

Edited by ringoray
suggesting new ideas

I would suggest possibly something along the lines of this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?88834-Invisible-target&p=1469168&viewfull=1#post1469168

However use from the wiki, for deleteCollection:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/deleteCollection

You might need to use hideObject instead of deletecollection.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/hideObject

Possible issues - If you cant get them to fire at an empty vehicle and your workaround is using the enemy vehicles, it can (I believe) still move/shoot/make noise... You might need to look at disabling simulation?

Also ordinance fired at it will probably hit it before the actual target - possible workaround would be deleting it when fired upon etc to achieve the required effect.... Or you could script it so when the object (eg. you could use a civ car or something) is destroyed, it destroys the real target too... Unable to test the ideas but hopefully enough to get you on track!

Good luck!

I would really like to make it work more fluid, with the ai targeting the actual building. I believe that changing the side of the building might work, but I cant get it too. wouldn't it be nice if you could just use a trigger that changed the buildings from good to super evil. The planes would then target those specific buildings for a shock and awe effect.

- as always the easiest solution would be to have a player destroy the buildings, but that player would have a huge negative rating/points score! As buildings are considered Civilian.

If you want enemy aircraft to destroy a building use a laserTarget:

_nBuild = [0,0,0] nearestObject 26967;//replace with building ID
_box = boundingBox _nBuild;
_height = _box select 1 select 2;
_lt = "LaserTargetE" createVehicle [0,0,0];
_lt attachTo [_nBuild,[0,0,_height]];

Thanks falsche for the target. What about my original question, i cant get tanks or any other unit to kill the building. From what i remember i could get them to target the building, just not attack it.