Sign in to follow this  
MindLLeX

arma 3 Ammo Cook Off?

I was watching some Arma 2 ACE videos on youtube and saw this crazy fx where ammo in vehicles cooks off before or after explosion... is there alternative for arma 3? Maybe someone working on mod like this?

Arma 2 and 3 have always had additional smaller explosions after vehicles explode/crash without ACE.

ACE 3 is also still under development for Arma 3.

Arma 2 and 3 have always had additional smaller explosions after vehicles explode/crash without ACE.

That's secondary explosions and it's different than ACE Cookoff. Try blowing up an armed vehicle in vanilla ARMA2, then destroy the same one with the ACE Cookoff module in your mission. The difference is...really fun to watch over and over again. In Vanilla ARMA2 it's just the scrap metal blowing up now and then, but with the ACE Cookoff module the ammunition inside the vehicle actually cooks off and makes a nice popping sound.

Don't get me wrong but i think ACE 3 will be broken as ACE 2 was in arma 2... ARMA 3 with current mods is pretty fun and realistic for COOP gameplay... With big mods like ACE PvP becomes unrealistic and it just ruins the game... Thats my opinion. Stil wondering would someone port Ammo cook off to A3 as stand alone mod.

Don't get me wrong but i think ACE 3 will be broken as ACE 2 was in arma 2... ARMA 3 with current mods is pretty fun and realistic for COOP gameplay... With big mods like ACE PvP becomes unrealistic and it just ruins the game... Thats my opinion. Stil wondering would someone port Ammo cook off to A3 as stand alone mod.

How is ACE 2 "broken"? And ACE 2 was designed with PvP in mind. How does it make it "unrealistic"?

You know fanboys gonna hate me but with vehicle warfare ACE is really great i don't even argue about that but when you have in mind how ARMA engine is broken in PvP based multiplayer... infintry combat gets way too clunky (if thats the word at all :D) But thats just mine opinion. + Recoil of weapons is wayyyyyyyy too big in ACE. i own AK74 and AKM and recoil isnt that big when you know how to shoot and how to properly hold it. Again, thats mine opinion, everyone have different ones.

ACE 3 is also still under development for Arma 3.

Hey ProGamer, I would like to see further info on that, care to share a link?

i tried to find something but no luck, i can't find any confirmed info that ACE is even being developed for A3...

i tried to find something but no luck, i can't find any confirmed info that ACE is even being developed for A3...

ACE3 is happening. ACRE2 is happening.

Anything more than that? They could atleast give us more info about it here on forums...

They could, but they aren't. The ACE devs are under no obligation to share their progress with the public and I don't blame them for choosing not to.

Anything more than that? They could atleast give us more info about it here on forums...

Pretty sure one of the ACE (Now Arma 3) dev's said if he talked about it rocko would break his legs. So probably not.