Sign in to follow this  
progamer

Realistic Seat Belt Script

Realistic Seat Belt Script

Edit: The name may be a bit misleading, sorry about that. I has no idea what it call it.

Special Thanks to Zooloo75/Stealthstick for allowing me to create this standalone version of a fly through the window script from his discontinued Stratis-RP mission!

Features:

- Because Arma soldiers do not use seat belts, you can get thrown through the windshield in serious crashes.

- This can cause death very easily. But lower speeds offer a greater chance to survive being thrown through the wind shield.

Installation

Included in the download is a mission with the script setup to work in.

Add this to your init.sqf. Or create a text file called init.sqf

execvm "windShield.sqf"; 

Copy the windShield.sqf to your mission folder.

How to use:

Start driving and crash into something.

Version:

- release

Known Issues:

- Not sure what vehicles it works on except that it works on the offroad and not armored vehicles.

Credits:

- Zooloo75/Stealthstick for the original mission containing parts of the script.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tm84t8q6veoxb8p/NsptZflN2h

If you have any suggestions for this script please post them in the comments below or message me.

Video(s):

Edited by ProGamer

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is it possible to give us a addaction to put on the belt???

And then we are safe?

And then we are safe?

This I like. Then perhaps make it so that players are either (1) unable to exit the vehicle until they hit the action again or (2) have a slower exit from the vehicle. Basically making it so that the seat belt is less of a chore and more of a cost-benefit analysis type decision. Put it on and be safe during collisions, sure, but risk a longer exit in the event you come under fire. Of course, this depends on your application.

Very cool idea though, and it looks well done in the video!

And then we are safe?

this seems like the logical thing! would love to see that added. variable of belt-on should do the trick

;2646464'](1) unable to exit the vehicle until they hit the action again or (2) have a slower exit from the vehicle. Basically making it so that the seat belt is less of a chore and more of a cost-benefit analysis type decision. Put it on and be safe during collisions' date=' sure, but risk a longer exit in the event you come under fire. Of course, this depends on your application.[/quote']

I second that.

The idea is great, just give it a bit more love and features and it'll be a great script.

Oh and you might want to add a setPos command to the player so he actually flies out of the windscreen and not out of the door, like this:

private ["_criticalSpeed","_veh","_speed","_vel","_pos"];

_criticalSpeed = 40;
while {!isDedicated} do
{
waitUntil {vehicle player != player};
_veh = vehicle player;
_speed = speed _veh;
if (_speed > _criticalSpeed) then
{
	_vel = velocity _veh;
	sleep 0.5;
	if ( _speed - (speed _veh) > _criticalSpeed ) then
	{
		_pos = getPos player;
		moveOut player;
		player disableCollisionWith _veh; // not sure if this works
		player setPos [(_pos select 0) + (_vel select 0), (_pos select 1) + (_vel select 1), (_pos select 2) + (_vel select 2)];
		player setDir getDir _veh;
		player setVelocity [(_vel select 0), (_vel select 1), (_vel select 2) + 3];

sleep 2;
		player enableCollisionWith _veh;
	};
};
sleep 0.2;
};

I'm not sure if the "disableCollisionWith" is going to work though.

Some more ideas:

- add switchMove to put player in a prone position when when catapulting him out.

- include a check so it doesn't happen in a tank or any other vehicle without a windscreen.

- use setHitPointDamage to destroy the windows

Edited by Tajin