Features:

- Ability to change the colors
- Works in singleplayer and multiplayer
- Displays: Health of unit
- Displays: Vehicle-type of the unit
- Displays: Distance to the unit
- Works in ARMA 3

Description:

Ported into ARMA 3. :cool: - Yes, there are some changes were needed :mad:. Version for ARMA 2 is here

Made my nametags script :). So. Despite the same colors as in mission 'Evolution' - this is my script. Made 2 examples - for SP and MP (for MP means, that names will be displayed only by players). You can change the colors. They are defined in local variable in the script. For now, it supports 30 players. You can change this if it's needed. Here is what you can change:

_ColorName = "#AAFFAA"; - Color of name
_ColorHealth = "#FFFFFF"; - Color of health
_ColorDistance = "#AAAAFF"; - Color of distance
_ColorVehicleType = "#FFFFFF"; - Color of vehicle-type of the unit, when he gets into vehicle

The colors you can find here: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp

_Visibility = 1000; - Distance of visibility of the names
_AmountOfUnits = 30; - Maximum number of units to display
_NameOfUnit = "fg"; - Name of unit. You have to give name to your units like - fg1,fg2,fg3 and etc... to fg30 (_AmountOfUnits)

If you put a unit on map with name fg1 and another unit with name fg30 - don't worry. It works

Note:

Don't put unit as vehicle. Put him manually to the vehicle using command. Otherwise the vehicle will count as 1 unit and these who was inside, if they'll leave the vehicle - they will not have nametags. To avoid bugs, add to Description.ext line disabledAI = 1;. This disables the AI. Otherwise you'll have bug if you restart the mission (#restart, #reassign)

The script does not support yet the changing of unit (Teamswitch).

Script was only tested in multiplayer without spawn and with spawn at base. Respawn = 3. "BASE".

If you want more than 30 units - open Nametags.hpp (with texteditor) and add following:

class NT31 : NT_BASIC
{
idc = 131;
};

class NT32 : NT_BASIC
{
idc = 132;
};

and etc... I hope you understood :cool:

Screenshots:

64c2os89.jpg

Changelog:

v1.1
- New default colors
- You can now use this script for both sides (for example TDM, WEST vs EAST). You can see names of all units/players, but only if they are on your side. Players doesn't see names of enemies
- Added local variable _Version. By default it's: _Version = "SP". Change it to SP for singleplayer mode or to MP for multiplayer mode. There is also DEV mode too. (Not recommended to use it in missions). It will display nametags of all units/players with fraction-icon, no matter on which side they are.
- Additional hints for newbies

[Download]

Edited by jts_2009

Great work JTS ! Thanks for this script.

Very useful for me :)

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Nice script - not had chacne to test proper yet but does anyone know if this is dedi server, JIP, BTC Revive, compatible?

Thanks in advance

Nice script - not had chacne to test proper yet but does anyone know if this is dedi server, JIP, BTC Revive, compatible?

Thanks in advance

Well, Revive is the same as JIP. In revive there is too spawn at base, only for example 0.5 seconds, then it teleports you at your position and you will be dammaged by script :D. So, in JIP it works. On dedicated server it works yes. But that depends on you, how you execute it

Updated: 29.12.2014

- New default colors

- You can now use this script for both sides (for example TDM, WEST vs EAST). You can see names of all units/players, but only if they are on your side. Players doesn't see names of enemies

- Added local variable _Version. By default it's: _Version = "SP". Change it to SP for singleplayer mode or to MP for multiplayer mode. There is also DEV mode too. (Not recommended to use it in missions). It will display nametags of all units/players with fraction-icon, no matter on which side they are.

- Additional hints for newbies

Thanks for informing us of the updated version :cool:

Any specific reason you went through the trouble of writing your own function for the nametags completely? I would assume DrawIcon3D would do the same thing exactly if used properly.

Any specific reason you went through the trouble of writing your own function for the nametags completely? I would assume DrawIcon3D would do the same thing exactly if used properly.

Probably. But I dont know much of arma 3 commands +) I learned in OFP and then tried myself in arma

Edited by JTS_2009