cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

There is an AI spawn module BIS added. I'm trying to use that to spawn in AI. I'm using the execution line.

I'm trying to make an AI sector control mission where is want AI to attack and defend sectors.

I guess can solve the one marker limit by somehow making a script to randomly select an init line but I don't know how to do that

Edit: the module I am talking about is found in Misc -> Spawn AI. I want to it to spawn in the groups but then have UPSMON take it from there. Now I would like it to also select a random array from a script (I think using the BIS_fnc_selectRandom in a script) to select one of pre-defined selection of UPSMON behaviors for the group.

so like it would select one of these lines for each group once it is spawned.

nul = [this,"Alpha","STEALTH","LINE",â€LIMITEDâ€] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

nul = [this,"Bravo","STEALTH","LINE",â€LIMITEDâ€] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

nul = [this,"Charlie","STEALTH","LINE",â€LIMITEDâ€] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Edited by TacoTuesday

From what I understand of the module, it should be something like that:

nul = [_this select 0,"alpha","stealth","line","limited"] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf"

For choosing randomly the marker you can do this:

in your init.sqf:

Markers_Array = ["alpha","bravo","papa","tango","charlie"];

in the module:

nul = [_this select 0,Markers_Array select (floor (random (count Markers_Array))),"STEALTH","LINE",â€LIMITEDâ€] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

From what I understand of the module, it should be something like that:

nul = [_this select 0,"alpha","stealth","line","limited"] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf"

For choosing randomly the marker you can do this:

in your init.sqf:

Markers_Array = ["alpha","bravo","papa","tango","charlie"];

in the module:

nul = [this,Markers_Array select (floor (random (count Markers_Array))),"STEALTH","LINE",â€LIMITEDâ€] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

nul = [this, (["alpha","bravo","papa","tango","charlie"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom),"STEALTH","LINE",â€LIMITEDâ€] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";  

Will work too!

nul = [this, (["alpha","bravo","papa","tango","charlie"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom),"STEALTH","LINE",â€LIMITEDâ€] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";  

Will work too!

This is making steps in the right direction as spawned AI not spawned from the module will select a marker at random, but I still can't get it to play nice with the Spawn AI Module so that units spawned out of it will call UPSMON.

Neither sets of code did anything in the expression field. I tested the field and does work with a hint "Test" in a sqf file but UPSMON won't change things.

I really want to use the manpower limits that the module provides, so any other ideas would be great. I've pretty much hit the limit of my knowledge. This randomization array with UPSMON combined with this module or something similar really has the potential to make something great - if this can be nailed down we've pretty much made Battlefield in Arma when used with a sector control gametype.

Do you try with (_this select 0) and not (this) as first parameter ?

I did. I'm going to mess with it some more tonight and see what happens.

Still loving this script, still using it all the time. Thanks for your continued work on it. I have a question, to keep things running as efficient as possible in my missions I almost always have upsmon groups spawn at the next objective when I complete the current one. The only bad thing is that they don't know anything about me or my group because anyone who could share info with them is dead when they spawn. Makes sense in some cases, but in other cases where they spawn within hearing distance of the gun battle that just took place, or especially the c4 that just blew something up, it seems a little less "real." My question would be is there a way to force that info of "hey, something just went down over there" on them after they spawn?

Hi Banky, you may reveal all the players or whatever unit you want to them after group spawning and UPSMon initialization. This will make them react to that.

If you don't wanna make it as "precise" as knowing there is an enemy and a position (they will go to hunt him), you may spawn them in combat or stealth mode, which, at least, will make them behave like something is happening.

I've been thinking about this and the I think the issue is the "expression" field itself. The description states it is code that is executed when the module fires. I don't think its executing withing the units that are spawned.

So we'd need to figure out how to get that field to communicate to the spawned groups.

Hey is there somewhere a updated version where all the user made updates are in ?

I can see different updated files in this topic, but I don't know which are outdated again ?

Cool=Azroul13 said he was working on an update, but that was a few months ago. I am assuming eventually, we will see an update.

The last Bis patch/update had a name change ( what a surprise! )  for the  "\A3\Structures_F\scripts\Door_close.sqf" used by UPSmon.

A pbo used by UPSmon found in scripts\UPSMON\COMMON called UPSMON_closedoor  is now broken as in you get a "cannot find" come up when upsmon controlled AI enter a building.

For reasons known only to Bis they have removed or renamed the "Door_close.sqf", among other things! with the last patch....

Change it to execVM "\A3\Structures_F\scripts\fn_DoorClose.sqf" or use the function call BIS_fnc_DoorClose

Just looks like they renamed it to match the rest, thinking no one would reference the file.

• Like 1

Thanks for that :)

Wish Bis would quit renaming stuff! every big update its the same...

Hi, i got an error when i try to run it look : 1450809385-upsmonerror.png

Solved !

Hi there

is the optional  parameter "nomove" still working?

Thanks

Is anyone seeing this same issue when using Paradrop vs LANDDROP? The bodies are missing.

These game captures are all done running v6.0.9.5 vanilla A3 with the exception of the islands.

All the Paradrops are generated from UPSMON.

I've even tested with v6.0.7.2 with the same results.

This has been happening for me since the last 3 A3 main-releases (a while).  

Thanks for any confirmation on whether this may be UPSMON or not.  Or if I need a fresh install.

NgqMkd1.jpg

jHSGa8y.jpg

337LCIr.jpg

kxLiTsg.jpg

Hello friends,

I have a question regardinh headless clients.

I have a mission which currently spawns everything via script. Server sided.

After the spawn the group is UPSMon'ed ;)

So I have two choices:

- "Move" the whole script to the HC, so the group spawns on the HC and the UPSMon call is in the HC.

- Spawn on the server, transfer the group ownership to the HC, make the UPSMon call on the group.

Can someone tell me which will / won't work?

Does anyone know if this parameter is working in the ARMA3 version.

DoRelax:

With this parameter, each units of the group will patrol (independently from each other), sit

and talk within his marker area.

EDIT: I had an out of date script version.

I'm having issues with the patrol stopping after one loop around the town. I have the marker set on Pusta using CUP Terrains. 

[_lead] join _g>
23:29:18   Error Missing ;
23:29:18 File C:\Users\Tyson Diniz\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Diniz\missions\Operation_Steel_Fist_A3.Chernarus_Summer\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 775
23:29:19 Error in expression <Speed;
_lead setSkill skill _npc;
_lead setVehicleInit _initstr;
[_lead] join _g>
nul=[this,"pusta","random"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

Sorry to double post, but now that I have the correct version, I have an issue with it randomly not loading the script at all, no changes to the mission, it just sometimes works, sometimes doesn't and there is no error in the rpt.

EDIT: It only initializes once after a game restart, it's only one mission, my other one works, and I have showscripterrors on, and nothing pops up.

if i use script in vehicle init, i recive long error like this format

...23:02:20 "Grp1 search newpos"
23:02:20 "Disembark!!! CanMove:true Alive:true Dist1:false targetDist:true Gothit: Cargo:[]"
23:02:20 "Embark!!! outcargo:0 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
23:02:20 "transport:[]"
23:02:22 "Grp1 search newpos"
23:02:22 "Disembark!!! CanMove:true Alive:true Dist1:false targetDist:true Gothit: Cargo:[]"
23:02:22 "Embark!!! outcargo:0 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
23:02:22 "transport:[]"
23:02:23 "Grp1 search newpos"
23:02:23 "Disembark!!! CanMove:true Alive:true Dist1:false targetDist:true Gothit: Cargo:[]"
23:02:23 "Embark!!! outcargo:0 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
23:02:23 "transport:[]"
23:02:24 "Grp1 search newpos"
23:02:24 "Disembark!!! CanMove:true Alive:true Dist1:false targetDist:true Gothit: Cargo:[]"
23:02:24 "Embark!!! outcargo:0 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
23:02:24 "transport:[]"
23:02:26 "Grp1 search newpos"
23:02:26 "Disembark!!! CanMove:true Alive:true Dist1:false targetDist:true Gothit: Cargo:[]"
23:02:26 "Embark!!! outcargo:0 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
23:02:26 "transport:[]"...