cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

@Cool=Azroul13

Thank you for taking it. I look forward to the corrected version.

Just want to add this has been my go-to enemies script since I found it years ago. The ArmA 3 rendition is impressive as usual. Thank you.

Hey,

Dev heaven page seems unused so i'll report a bug here :

Calling upsmon patrol with the "SAFE" parameter disable AI capacity to use smoke grenades .

Even after the AI group is engaged and suffer losses they won't use any .

( with "AWARE" or no paremeters linked to combat mode they properly use them, smoke chance in the init is at 20 )

@DUM3DO

Can you confirm you were not on the marker of the group anytime ?

Strange for the "noveh" problem, as I disable for the moment for the group to take vehicle when in combat, and the only way they could take vehicle is because they have a waypoint far away or the unit is linked to the vehicle.

I will verify it.

@Cruoriss

Do you confirm they changed their behaviour during combat ?

@Cruoriss

Do you confirm they changed their behaviour during combat ?

Yup, they engage the enemy and even flank but no smokes .

@DUM3DO

Can you confirm you were not on the marker of the group anytime ?

Strange for the "noveh" problem, as I disable for the moment for the group to take vehicle when in combat, and the only way they could take vehicle is because they have a waypoint far away or the unit is linked to the vehicle.

I will verify it.

No we where on the maker of the AI group only after the battle, after every Ai was killed.

I'll make some screenshot asap

I'm posting here some better explanation about my problem

Here is a screenshot from editor commented, hope you can understand

https://flic.kr/p/qTp14J

And here is a screenshot taken in editor preview with debug active, this was taken with only me alone (obviously), as you can see after trowing some grenades from outside the walls, some AI come out searching for me.

https://flic.kr/p/raP4JM

I was using UPSMON_6.0.9.5 version

PS: this mods where running on server:

Task Force Radio | 0.9.7.1

ASDG Joint Rail | 0.11

FHQ Accessories | 1.4

AGM | 0.95.1

CBA A3 | RC4

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons | 1.5

Bornholm | 1.3

Only on Server:

ASR AI A3 | 0.9.13

Edited by DuM3D0

Didn't see this mentioned earlier, but I may have missed it...

I'm finding, even when setting the variable in UPS_Respawn from nearest friendly to "50," units are no longer respawning once a group has been killed. They patrol fine, but once dead, units are recreated at the spawn marker. This is with 6.0.9.5 and Arma 3 1.40. I'm guessing something changed and messed with the scripts.

Hey guys, is this script compatible with the newly introduced dev build suppressive fire ?

Are you still planning to make a template showing the full potential of this script ?

Hey guys, is this script compatible with the newly introduced dev build suppressive fire ?

It is planned :) .

Are you still planning to make a template showing the full potential of this script ?

Yes, there will be a mission to explain each module. :)

It is planned :) .

Yes, there will be a mission to explain each module. :)

Thanks guys, I love this script, it makes my life of mission maker much easier, thos my life as soldier is harder now as AI react much better XD

Been away from A3 for several months. is UPSMON still working with latest version ? Outside few errors above?

Ok. Did some playtesting. UPSMON latest version when using the following (On friendly AI groups).

onMapSingleClick "'ZoneQRF2' setMarkerPos _pos; onMapSingleClick''; true";

I use this to switch patrol zones from one place to the next. I find the Group will move it's zone but once in contact moving that zone again is virtually impossible. Once contact they will not break out of that hold type behavior and move on.

More playtesting with UPSMON and using the following trigger (to move a patrol zone around the map).

onMapSingleClick "'ZoneQRF2' setMarkerPos _pos; onMapSingleClick''; true";

Units will only move once to a new zone. From there (even when not under fire) it is hard to get them to move to a different zone if using the radio trigger to move it again.

I use your cache script, along with the ZBE Cache script, in all my coop missions. Brill' work mate.

Maybe I am just dumb, but I cannot consistently figure out a way to stop AI behavior from entering combat mod right away. Has anyone figured out how to fix that?

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry - I just saw you added in a way to control speed to the paramaters that fixed the problem. I havent done this in a few months.

But I have another question: Do you know how I can use expression field in ModuleSpawnAI_F to create UPSMON units?

I'm trying to get the AI to go to one of four sectors and it isn't working too...dynamically. I feel like its a syntax issue more than anything else though.

sleep 2; nul = [this,"alpha","bravo","all","Charlie","Delta","LINE","spawned"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";[/Code]

my units dont seem to be using weapons from the environment. am i missing something?

Those are marker names

Alpha

Bravo

Charlie

All

Delta

These are all marker names. I'm trying to get the group to spawn and then pick one of those markers to go to and cycle between in its patrol.

I may have messed up with the basics of the code since I was doing it quickly, but I'm just trying to figure out how to get the script to play nice with the module more than anything else.