cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

I was having the same problem as Coolinator a few pages back, i.e. everything installed correctly and the correct script put into the unit's init field but the guys would just stand still. Turns out the problem was that I copy/pasted the script directly from the pdf into the editor. For whatever reason, Arma 3 didn't like that. Once I typed the script out in the unit's init field within the editor, everything worked perfectly. Thought I would post this in case someone else has the same problem.

Oh wow no wonder my Ai's wouldn't move!!!! I was copying the line code from PDF too!!!!

Omg thank you so much for sharing!!!!

guys i managed to move my Ai's with upsmon script but there's a problem, they don't walk to their waypoints, instead they sprint to their waypoints? is this how patrol supposed to look like or am i doing something wrong?

hey coolinator, theres a pdf inside the download for handling the script. put in your code: "LINE","CARELESS","LIMITED". so the patrol should walk slowly in lineformation and also react in fire or enemycontact (belog to the ai system you use).

hey coolinator, theres a pdf inside the download for handling the script. put in your code: "LINE","CARELESS","LIMITED". so the patrol should walk slowly in lineformation and also react in fire or enemycontact (belog to the ai system you use).

Ahh thank you so much!!! i thought it was already on default!!

Quick question, what if i want to add "nofollow", Do i just add it in the code like this?

nul=[this,"area1","CARELESS","LINE","LIMITED","nofollow"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Btw guys for some reason Ai's wont paradrop? i even added parachutes for each AI, but they wont paradrop?, do i put the call line in the group leader init? or the in the AI heli init? need help plz

You always call the line in the init of the leader of the group who should do the action.

Do your group have an helico or are near an empty heli ?

Do your waypoint is far from the group ?

Do you add "LANDDROP" to the call line ?

You always call the line in the init of the leader of the group who should do the action.

Do your group have an helico or are near an empty heli ?

Do your waypoint is far from the group ?

Do you add "LANDDROP" to the call line ?

i put the call line in leaders init, they wont paradrop, i group my opfor squad with an ai Heli not empty. waypoint is not really far.i did not add "landrop" in the call line.

Hey all,

i have a problem with creating templates. To get rid of any relationerrors, iam using arma 3 vanilla (not the devbranch!)

The testmap consists of 3 areas (spawn, area1, area2). A bluefor group and myself.

this is executed on the leader of the blueforGroup:

nul = [this,"area1","TEMPLATE:",1] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Result: The Group is moving and patroling to/in area1

than a trigger activates after 10 sekounds:

nul = [1,getmarkerpos "spawn",4,["area2", "STEALTH","Spawned","STAG COLUMN"]] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_spawn.sqf";

Result: a system message "Spawning 4 copies of template 1

But nothing happend. No script error and no spawning!

If i checkt the varibale UPSMON_TEMPLATES in the debug consol. it is allways an empty array ( [] ).

What the hell am i doing wrong?

Promp out of the RPT. UPSMON_Settemplate.sqf seems to screw up.

10:50:51 Starting mission:
10:50:51  Mission file: upsmontest
10:50:51  Mission world: VR
10:50:51  Mission directory: C:\Users\DasMaeh\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[3%2eJgKp]DasMaeh\missions\upsmontest.VR\
10:50:53 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list
10:50:53 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit
10:50:53 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit
10:50:53 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
10:50:53 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
10:50:53 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
10:50:53 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow
10:50:53 soldier[b_soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
10:50:53 soldier[b_soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
10:50:56 "Units Array:[[["B_Soldier_TL_F",["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest","H_HelmetSpecB","V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","",["FirstAidKit"],["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","NVGoggles"],[[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","Chemlight_green"],[2,1]],[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","MiniGrenade","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange","Chemlight_green","1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell"],[1,2,2,2,5,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1]],[]],[["arifle_MX_GL_Hamr_pointer_F",["","acc_pointer_IR","optic_Hamr"],"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"],[],["hgun_P07_F",["","",""],"16Rnd_9x21_Mag"]]],[]],["B_soldier_AR_F",["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt","H_HelmetB_grass","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr","",["FirstAidKit"],["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"],[[["16Rnd_9x21_Mag"],[1]],[["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","HandGrenade","Smok
10:50:56 Error in expression <[_template]+[_side]+_unitstypes select 0+_unitstypes select 1] );
if (UPSMON_Deb>
10:50:56   Error position: <+_unitstypes select 1] );
if (UPSMON_Deb>
10:50:56   Error Allgemeiner Fehler in Ausdruck
10:50:56 File C:\Users\DasMaeh\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[3%2eJgKp]DasMaeh\missions\upsmontest.VR\Scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\Params\fnc\UPSMON_Settemplate.sqf, line 24
10:50:57 "Grp1 search newpos"
10:50:57 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
10:50:58 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
10:51:26 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
10:51:27 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
10:51:29 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
10:51:31 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
10:51:32 "Spawning 4 copies of template 1 on [3992.71,4060.25,0] templates []"
10:51:33 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"

@Coolinator

have you try to move your waypoint further away ?

@DasMaeh

Can you try this one :

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g4c3d721955593be89995998620bb8a2c16bc6ec25

What "Allgemeiner Fehler in Ausdruck" means ?

Thanks,

Yea i put the marker really far away, they still wont para drop :( the leader just keep saying "DOFLANK"?

Okay... we got a step further!

Error: "Allgemeiner Fehler in Ausdruck" means somewhat like "General failure/error in expression".

Sooo... the "UPSMON_TEMPLATES" is filled with a bunch of data, but still no one is coming up.

But see for your self:

12:58:02 Starting mission:
12:58:02  Mission file: upsmontest
12:58:02  Mission world: VR
12:58:02  Mission directory: C:\Users\DasMaeh\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[3%2eJgKp]DasMaeh\missions\upsmontest.VR\
12:58:04 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list
12:58:04 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit
12:58:04 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit
12:58:04 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
12:58:04 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
12:58:04 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
12:58:04 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow
12:58:04 soldier[b_soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
12:58:04 soldier[b_soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
12:58:07 "Units Array:[[["B_Soldier_TL_F",["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest","H_HelmetSpecB","V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","",["FirstAidKit"],["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","NVGoggles"],[[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","Chemlight_green"],[2,1]],[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","MiniGrenade","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange","Chemlight_green","1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell"],[1,2,2,2,5,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1]],[]],[["arifle_MX_GL_Hamr_pointer_F",["","acc_pointer_IR","optic_Hamr"],"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"],[],["hgun_P07_F",["","",""],"16Rnd_9x21_Mag"]]],[]],["B_soldier_AR_F",["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt","H_HelmetB_grass","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr","",["FirstAidKit"],["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"],[[["16Rnd_9x21_Mag"],[1]],[["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","HandGrenade","Smok
12:58:07 "Adding TEMPLATE 1 _spawned false"
12:58:08 "Grp1 search newpos"
12:58:08 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
12:58:09 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
12:58:10 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
12:58:12 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
12:58:13 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
12:58:15 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
12:58:16 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"
12:58:17 "Spawning 4 copies of template 1 on [3992.71,4060.25,0] templates [[1,WEST,["B_Soldier_TL_F",["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest","H_HelmetSpecB","V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","",["FirstAidKit"],["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","NVGoggles"],[[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","Chemlight_green"],[2,1]],[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","MiniGrenade","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange","Chemlight_green","1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell"],[1,2,2,2,5,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1]],[]],[["arifle_MX_GL_Hamr_pointer_F",["","acc_pointer_IR","optic_Hamr"],"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"],[],["hgun_P07_F",["","",""],"16Rnd_9x21_Mag"]]],[]],["B_soldier_AR_F",["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt","H_HelmetB_grass","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr","",["FirstAidKit"],["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"],[[["16Rnd_9x21_Mag"],[1]],[["100
12:58:17 "template 1 side WEST membertypes ["B_Soldier_TL_F",["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest","H_HelmetSpecB","V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","",["FirstAidKit"],["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS","NVGoggles"],[[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","Chemlight_green"],[2,1]],[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","MiniGrenade","1Rnd_HE_Grenade_shell","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange","Chemlight_green","1Rnd_Smoke_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeBlue_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeGreen_Grenade_shell","1Rnd_SmokeOrange_Grenade_shell"],[1,2,2,2,5,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1]],[]],[["arifle_MX_GL_Hamr_pointer_F",["","acc_pointer_IR","optic_Hamr"],"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"],[],["hgun_P07_F",["","",""],"16Rnd_9x21_Mag"]]],[]]"
12:58:17 Error in expression <lead = ObjNull;

_c=0;
{
_unittype = _x select 0;
_roletype = _x select 2;
_targ>
12:58:17   Error position: <select 0;
_roletype = _x select 2;
_targ>
12:58:17   Error Allgemeiner Fehler in Ausdruck
12:58:17 File C:\Users\DasMaeh\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[3%2eJgKp]DasMaeh\missions\upsmontest.VR\scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_spawn.sqf, line 83
12:58:18 "Embark!!! outcargo:4 Dist:true Gothit: targetDist:false"

And a huge thank you for your quick supply!

Next one :D

In game, i got the message "UPSMON: Unit not defined".

14:22:03 Error in expression <;
_roletype = _x select 2;
_targetpos = _orgpos findEmptyPosition [5,50];
if (co>
14:22:03   Error position: <_orgpos findEmptyPosition [5,50];
if (co>
14:22:03   Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _orgpos
14:22:03 File C:\Users\DasMaeh\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[3%2eJgKp]DasMaeh\missions\upsmontest.VR\scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_spawn.sqf, line 85

Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck = Error: Not defined varibale in expression

one question. could it be that if i use upsmon and another aissp they conflict? anybody knows how i could find the problem?

thx for replay

Edited by Ion_Tychi

I'm afraid it will not work, all I can say is that I made some modification to ensure compatibilty with these addons/scripts: bcombat, TPWCAS and ASRAI.

i gave it a try. both work together. the problem i had is caused by nonlogical things but not a conflict between upsmon and aissp. its arma i think :rolleyes:. cya

What is the helicopter type ?

Do you have two units marker on your group (Debug on) ?

Heli Type: PO-30 Orca

Nope just one, and yes Debug is on.

had the same problem. put the init command on top of the init. should solve your problem. for me it works. cya

had the same problem. put the init command on top of the init. should solve your problem. for me it works. cya

this is an example mission, and i have no other lines inside the init.sqf except the UPSMON call line, and it's also on very top of my init.sqf. Still takes like 5 mins before they start moving, and paradropping doesn't seem to work? :(

Hello,

I have a problem for some time to coexist upsom and mcc . in the editor I up patrols with upsmon but when I created the patrol area with mcc areas patrol upsmon no longer work. it is as if the script was blocked

would you have an idea ?

i've test it again this morning with only upsmon in the top of the init line . it works but it take a very long time to initiate the script (patrols and clear upsom's zones)

Edited by karmalauja