cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

Blufor AI (and I believe Opfor) are definitely getting stuck and not advancing after sustained contact. I've observed now after few hours of play testing this happening again and again. they will start to patrol but once any heavy contact happens. They go into hold mode and will not advance (infantry). When units have a fortify command however, they do seem to stay reactive (within bldgs after contact). But units who are to patrol a given zone....simply stop moving.

Iv experienced units going into change formation and not moving aswell,usually when i put them far away from marker via editor.

Its ok,im sure Azroul aware of these issues and may have a new version sometime in the future.

I think arma update likes to break things.

---------- Post added at 04:02 ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 ----------

I did some test and I can move them only with

nul = [this,"area8"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

If I try parameters like "randomdn" or "randoma" they don't move

I tried also

nul = [this,"area8","safe","onroad"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

But most of the time they dislike roads, and they are inclined to regoup (they are not part of any group, every one is a single unit) all in a single part of the area if they are assigned to the same area, most of the time hitting each other.

If you PM me you email I'll send you the PBO

BTW, is there a way to refuel vehicles? Using UPSMON vehicles can stay on and running much time (like in my mission) and I fear finding some vehicles without fuel on some of the last objective

Tnx

If your worried about vehicles running out of fuel,im sure i heard there is a way to have them refuel.

Or you can just use a refuel script.

OR better yet,do what i do;

Set units/vehicles to show/hide mode via the show/hide module,essentially hide them till they are needed in the scenario(ie.when player within range)

then show them via trigger,they will then begin the 1st WP UPSMON had designated for them.

This also will help performance and is in general a good idea.

Do not rely too much on scripts for caching,unless its by an authour your sure will keep his scripts updated,as we learn arma updates can make null alot of cool scripts,and its a pain in the arma,to make lots of missions,which relied on a certain script,only to have to replace that script and re edit the entirety of your mission folder.

Hi everybody,

First of all, I would like to thank all the effort and time to develop the script UPSMON. :)

I have the problem with the artillery, that did not shoot any targets.

In earlier versions (v5), i didn't have any problem to use it, and I believe that i can works it well enough, but in this version, it seems I'm not able to make it work. Can you help me with this?

Also take the opportunity to report that the instructions in the pdf are incorrect, since the script to spawn, the path that tells how, is incorrect.

Thanks for your time.

regards,

This is incredibly great script! Works wonders. One issue going on right now appears to be once contact is made that unit will enter an assault mode (on enemy contact). However, in sharing that information with fellow (non attached directly to itself) other friendly units..... Those units enter a "FLANK" order but become bogged down and won't really move to much. (They definitely won't move if part of your BluFor and you try to adjust their patrol zone).

ok i use to work with the old one for arma 2 but i am iver going crazy or just need a drink. How do it get east or west to go for Civilians aka kill them when thy see them????

Thanks

Goatboy

Here, it is the new version :)

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gcc3150b044c0e9a99995722970bb07b0949106a89

Changelog:

=== 6.0.9 ========================================================================

Added: -New parameter "NOARTILLERY", the group will not call artillery support.

-AI can mount static if there are a gunner and assistant in the group.

Corrected: -If multiple groups are linked to the marker and only one of them has the "SHOWMARKER",

then the marker will be visible

-Group with Random parameter will not occupy building outside the marker area (specially if the marker area is an ellips or a rectangle)

-"TRACK" parameter is re-added.

-Corrections in the combat behaviour

-Correction of the vehicle respawn

Ive been out of town. Just checking in - @Cool=Azroul13 Thank you for all your efforts and all you do with this!! Know it is time consuming! Much appreciated by many.

Thanks azroul,

apoligies,havnt got time to test around last few days.

Will try take it for a spin this evening;)

Hey cool! your link is broken and Armaholic is not updated (still 6.0.8)

How can we do to got new UPSmon??

^^ thanks to Cool=Azroul13 who has provided a new downloadlink and informed us about it ;)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Azroul

Just got around to new version now.

Radio share(at default value,or any other)is causing groups to go into Hold waypoint indefinetly.The squad leader is trying to issue commands to advance,takes a few steps,then stops.Reminiscent of a previous problem.

Any one having same issue?

New version uvailable, see the first post.

=== 6.0.9.1 ========================================================================

added: -You can now use UPSMON_Creategroup to create random group with UPSMON parameters

Corrected:-corrections in the UPSMON manual.

im having the same immobility issues. SL barks out commands but units cycle through stances and don't advance forward

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

For me it seems UPSMON stops working when I get detected. AI groups stop patrolling soon after first contact, and they don't move to flank me. I'm only running bcombat as another AI mod.

Hey, I downloaded the latest (6.0.9.1) from Armacholic and I got this error message:

19:07:31 Error in expression <then 
{
if (!((assignedVehicle _eni) in _assignedvehicles)) then 
{
_vehicle = a>
19:07:31   Error position: <_assignedvehicles)) then 
{
_vehicle = a>
19:07:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _assignedvehicles
19:07:31 File D:\Users\Lacko.MELKIZEDEK\Documents\Arma 3\missions\USChesty01.Altis\Scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\target\fnc\UPSMON_Checkratio.sqf, line 48
19:07:31 Error in expression <then 
{
if (!((assignedVehicle _eni) in _assignedvehicles)) then 
{
_vehicle = a>
19:07:31   Error position: <_assignedvehicles)) then 
{
_vehicle = a>
19:07:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _assignedvehicles
19:07:31 File D:\Users\Lacko.MELKIZEDEK\Documents\Arma 3\missions\USChesty01.Altis\Scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\target\fnc\UPSMON_Checkratio.sqf, line 48

Is there any fix or suggestion what can I do to solve this?

EDIT: Oh, and if it helps: I think the error was occurred because I get in an empty vehicle and enemy AI (controlled by upsmon) also want to get in. But it's not sure, just guessing.

Thanks for the quick fix!! I will test it ASAP.

Hi,

I tested this uploaded hotfix and I got this error:

16:25:24 Error in expression <pectenies, [], { _currpos distance ((_x setvariable "UPSMON_TargetInfos") select>
16:25:24   Error position: <setvariable "UPSMON_TargetInfos") select>
16:25:24   Error setvariable: Type String, expected Array
16:25:24 File missions\__cur_sp.altis\Scripts\UPSMON\UPSMON_MAINLOOP.sqf, line 259

Our dedicated RPT got spammed last night with

if (!Is> 22:50:23 Error 2 elements provided, 3 expected 
22:50:23 File mpmissions__cur_mp.Takistan\Scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\ORDERS\UPSMON_RELAX\fnc\UPSMON_Civaction.sqf, line 89 22:50:23 Error in expression <select 1) || getposATL (_this select 1) vectordistance _position <= 3};

Presumambly in connection with the newly introduced DORELAX command.

Something known, new or possibly even my fault when setting the parameter?

Hi,

It should be "getvariable" and not "setvariable".

I fixed it in my copy and now works FINE!

Thanks.

@nomisum

How do you use it ?

When does it happen ?

This part of the script make AI flee when they heard near firefight.

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

@nomisum

How do you use it ?

When does it happen ?

This part of the script make AI flee when they heard near firefight.

I called it on a Civ Group Init with this:

nul = [this,"mrk_fortify4","DORELAX"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Whereas mrk_fortify4 was a marker (Empty size 1/1, no area).

I was getting this last night with 6.0.9.1 (and the quick fix noted above). When I turned off "Rearm" (didn't know that was a feature until now), the error went away. While active, the error was very persistent while in-game.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45362297486436967/DF0ECA79073F9813A5A882FC7899C26E1EC9EA30/