cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

Funny,the units not going into safe mode issue,well,im not having that problem.Works for me.

Im playing SP so im good,thanks! Maybe safe just broke on servers??

Funny,the units not going into safe mode issue,well,im not having that problem.Works for me.

Im playing SP so im good,thanks! Maybe safe just broke on servers??

Mine works in SP (in them not going into safe mode). But if you watch from birdseye view. They are not reacting to firefights near them (as they always have in past). They are much more unaware (even with radios set on). and once engaged. They are not attacking back like they did in past (even when set to "combat" )

Mine works in SP (in them not going into safe mode). But if you watch from birdseye view. They are not reacting to firefights near them (as they always have in past). They are much more unaware (even with radios set on). and once engaged. They are not attacking back like they did in past (even when set to "combat" )

HMMM....just did a teast,two blu for,one opfor. 1blufore and opfor start 700 meters away from the other blufor,engage.Then instead of other blufor going about the marker area,his waypoint diverts to about 50meters off opfors position. (im using mcc to view the waypoints)

Try TWO separate Opfor groups (Vs your blufor). Place them 200 mn apart, the two separate Opfor units (within radio range still). and engage the one Opfor unit. IT's members will engage you back somewhat...(but the OTHER Opfor unit remains unaware and does not look to support....as UPSMON units have in the past).

While using the parameter "fortify" I consistently get en error with the fortify module:

Screenshots of the actual error message.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315495538

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315495588

Not used in conjunction with any AI interfering mods except TPWCAS...

For what it's worth, I don't ever use the FORTIFY command, but I get that error all the time.

It also looks like the scripts don't like islands (like in PR Village) because I get errors all the time when patrols get near water. I'll have to take a picture, but basically it recognizes that units aren't in boats and sends errors.

Try TWO separate Opfor groups (Vs your blufor). Place them 200 mn apart, the two separate Opfor units (within radio range still). and engage the one Opfor unit. IT's members will engage you back somewhat...(but the OTHER Opfor unit remains unaware and does not look to support....as UPSMON units have in the past).

Yeah it was ok.

I have an issue,if i spawn a group few hundred meters from marker area,the do not proceed to markerarea unless there is veihicle to use.

Are they lazy or what?

haha

Also,the respawn is acting funny.Set it to 5times,group dead,(deleted via mcc and naturally KIA) the mostly dont respawn from what i see.No enemies nearby either.

Edited by redarmy

Another issue to report which leaves me to believe that i have something conflicting with this script:

When i use upsmon on more than one group of armour,they set out on waypoints,but after a few waypoints are complete,only one group of tanks continues waypoints.

Is anyone having issues like this?This script is excellent,yet this thread is very quiet.I sthere a newer version out or something?I did see many versions of this script but am under impression this is the latest.

Sorry for the delay,

I keep working on UPSMON but it takes more time to check and correct each parts than I was expected :/ .

Does UPSMON conflict. If you give a unit an area to patrol. (but first give that unit a waypoint to board a specific helo and that helo to fly to X spot and unload..... From there you want them to patrol a given zone).

I want a Blufor unit to fly in via Helo. Land at a exact spot and from there look to patrol a given zone. Seems like UPSMON tries to put them right in the middle of their zone via helo (but that area is usually a Hot LZ). Would rather they land away and then move to that zone on foot.

Sorry for the delay,

I keep working on UPSMON but it takes more time to check and correct each parts than I was expected :/ .

Thanks for your work on this Azroul.

This is an essential script,its simply amazing,in scope and usability.I hope if you have time at some point you might be able to tell me if the issues iv reported are happening to you/others also.I have a big mod folder and have taken the vasy majority out and still have issues,particularly with vehicles generating only 1-4 waypoints and stoping.

Thanks for continued support!

---------- Post added at 04:32 ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 ----------

@TMP95

No mate my symptoms are:

Respawn: not always working(even no enimies nearby)

Vehicles:not generating WPs after the first few(but still moving via radioshare)

Infantry:Placed via editor,far enough away from marker are,attempt to move to area,but stop after few steps,reform formation,take another few steps-repeat.

I do not have any pre placed WPs or anything as you have described.

UPSMON Vehicle not moving

Apologies if this has already been resolved (I simply don't have the time to sift through 50 pages of replies). Basically my problem is that an offroad I placed doesn't move or patrol anywhere.

offroad init: nul = [this, "w", "Safe", "Onroad"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: It seems to do this with all land vehicles (not sure about air), Infantry works fine, and for reference sake I'm using the A3 map pack (chernerus), the MCC Sandbox and I'm also using TPWCAS (the script version), as it came recomended.

Same problem here, vehicles don't move. Same init.. anyonelse?

I'm getting issue with UPSMON (and latest A3) when it comes to infantry and using the "nofollow" (commands) and perhaps even "combat" (command) once placed on the map. Unit bougs down and won't move. Drops lots of smoke but won't move.

Also, in prior UPSMON one could place a marker a distance away from a set unit/group (the group didn't have to be within the marker / patrol area). This group would walk to their marker/patrol area and then begin patrolling. As is now, I'm noticing the unit/group will not walk into their patrol / marker area. They will just stand (not moving) unless a vehicle / helo are nearby. But they will not walk their as they would before. (I'm talking 400m or so. Not 1500).

---------- Post added at 04:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 ----------

Is there anyway to have a group use an UPSMON patrol zone. Yet first have me place them in a load helo waypoint path. Have said helo fly them to an insertion point and once unloaded the UPSMON kicks in? As is now, the unit will board my Helo....but the Helo then seems hell bent on placing them right in middle of their zone (not at the LZ I want them at).

@TMP95

first part seems to be corrected.

For your insertion problem, I will see what I can do ;) .

Much appreciated! all your efforts.

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Is there a way to move the marker (patrol zone) mid mission (while its on going). Say for a friendly BluFor unit. If I want them to patrol a new area on map?

You can do whatever you want with your marker (change his size or his position), the group will always to move in it. If he is on patrol ;) .

You can do whatever you want with your marker (change his size or his position), the group will always to move in it. If he is on patrol ;) .

How do you change it MID MISSION ? I mean within the M (map) key. I pull up map. See the patrol zone. But how do I go about moving that patrol zone on the map.

Ok. With regard to getting UPSMON units to use Helo's and land in A3 current version. I see using the "landdrop" command works!! Though the big issue now is, it would be great if the helo (that you have them board) would fly to a designated spot of your choice! As is, it will not follow the Helo's waypoint command but rather look for it's own LZ (with your patrol zone). Would be great if it would follow waypoint path (USPMON did allow this in A2).

@barbolani. Thanks for links. I'm simply bad at code currently. I can't understand what I'm suppose to do to allow me to move a patrol zone (mid mission / while mission is going on). Perhaps if someone as a simple mission which allows for this...I could look at it and understand. Thanks.

I'll give you the general idea:

With the onMapSingleClick command you may allow the player to click on the map and store in a variable the exact position where he's clicked.

Now knowing this position you can move the marker to that position.

This kind of features I think will never be in UPSMON suite, as it's focused on AI optimization, not AI management by the player.

I'll be more specific.

You have your marker, let's say "Patrol1"

You place a radio trigger, repeatedly, name it like "Move Patrol1 patrol zone". On activation put:

onMapSingleClick "'Patrol1' setMarkerPos _pos; onMapSingleClick ''; true";

This will allow you to change "Patrol1" position. UPSMON patrol groups associated with "Patrol1" should move to the new position and patrol around

Edited by barbolani

@barbolani Thank you very much!!

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 ----------

Re: UPSMON. Really would be a great feature if could ever find out how to make the "Nofollow" command work for an ENTIRE unit (not just the lead). Would be great for working with fellow Blufor units using UPSMON if you knew they would control a given zone and NOT leave it (for security ops).

I am getting odd / weird situations where units with an UPSMON patrol zone will all line up in a line formation and not move (after moving some at start...possibly after contact). Have never seen this before with UPSMON. Could have something to do when starting them off with the "combat" state..

@DuM3D0

Can you send me your mission ?

thanks.

I did some test and I can move them only with

nul = [this,"area8"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

If I try parameters like "randomdn" or "randoma" they don't move

I tried also

nul = [this,"area8","safe","onroad"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

But most of the time they dislike roads, and they are inclined to regoup (they are not part of any group, every one is a single unit) all in a single part of the area if they are assigned to the same area, most of the time hitting each other.

If you PM me you email I'll send you the PBO

BTW, is there a way to refuel vehicles? Using UPSMON vehicles can stay on and running much time (like in my mission) and I fear finding some vehicles without fuel on some of the last objective

Tnx

Blufor AI (and I believe Opfor) are definitely getting stuck and not advancing after sustained contact. I've observed now after few hours of play testing this happening again and again. they will start to patrol but once any heavy contact happens. They go into hold mode and will not advance (infantry). When units have a fortify command however, they do seem to stay reactive (within bldgs after contact). But units who are to patrol a given zone....simply stop moving.