cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

first of all you should use this line:

{

null = [_x] execVM "loadout1.sqf";

}forEach units _leader;

And in your script you should replace "_unit = _this" by "_unit = _this select 0"

Thanks for the response, but it still does not work. The spawned units do not have the custom loadout.

chondo, someone in your other post gave the solution (I think)

it's (sorry Azroul but you are 50% wrong):

{_nul = [_x] execVM "loadout1.sqf";} forEach units _spawngrp; or forEach units (group _leader);

And the mistake in loadout1.sqf is (Cool here is right):

_unit = _this select 0;

Nothing with UPSMon, as you are calling it perfectly ;)

It is still not working. I am about to pull my hairs out. Here is the code I am using

if (!isServer) exitWith {};
_spawnPoint = _this select 0;
_patrolArea = _this select 1;
_side = EAST;
_pos = getMarkerPos _spawnPoint;
_spawngrp = [_pos , _side, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfSquad")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
sleep 3;
_leader = leader _spawngrp;
nul = [_leader,_patrolArea,"limited","safe","line",1]execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";
{_nul = [_x] execVM "loadout1.sqf";} forEach units _spawngrp; 

Now it should works:

_spawngrp = [getmarkerpos "test",EAST,["O_G_Soldier_GL_F","O_G_Soldier_AR_F","O_G_Soldier_M_F"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

sleep 3;

_leader = leader _spawngrp;

nul = [_leader,"patrolArea","limited","safe","line"]execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

{[_x] execVM "loadout1.sqf";} forEach units _leader;

loadout.sqf

private ["_unit", "_backpack"];

/* Replace _this below if you want to call this script differently */
_unit = _this select 0;

if (!isNull _unit) then {
   removeAllWeapons _unit;
   removeAllItems _unit;
   removeBackpack _unit;
   removeAllAssignedItems _unit;
   removeUniform _unit;
   removeVest _unit;
   removeHeadgear _unit;
   removeGoggles _unit;

/* Other gear, goggles, vest, uniform */
   _unit forceAddUniform "U_I_OfficerUniform";
   _unit addHeadgear "H_Beret_grn";
   _unit addGoggles "G_Aviator";

/* Magazines and weapons in main inventory */

/* Weapons attachments and magazines */

/* Magazines and weapons in uniform */
   _uniform = uniformContainer _unit;
   _unit addItem "ItemMap"; _unit assignItem "ItemMap";
   _unit addItem "ItemCompass"; _unit assignItem "ItemCompass";
   _unit addItem "ItemWatch"; _unit assignItem "ItemWatch";

_unit selectWeapon "<null>";
   reload _unit;
};

but next time you should post some question relative to the thread ;)

Wow. Thanks a lot, Cool=Azroul13!!!

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Edited by chondo999

@Cool: found another "debug when debug is deactivated", this:

if ( isnil "_obj") exitwith

{

hint format ["Object: %1",_obj];

diag_log format ["UPSMON: Object for _npc: %1",_obj];

};

line 74

Cool. More issues.

Not only arty fires just 1% of times, when it fires, there's a bug, on which if you kill the unit that mans the mortar, the mortar continues firing!!!

Hey, Cool, I'm with 6.0.8 and the script has never been better!

But there's been two issues, the first one at line 760 of the fortify module:

If (count _altura > 0) exitwith 
{
[_npc,_bld,_altur>
 Error position: <exitwith 
{
[_npc,_bld,_altur>
 Error exitwith: Type Array, expected code
File C:\..\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_FORTIFY.sqf, line 760

I get it quite frequently, though I haven't investigated it extensively. I'm about to try and replace exitWith with then, since it seems it'd have the same effect.

The second issue is about the patrols with SAFE behavior. Prior versions had them all walking always with the same speed. But now, even though the leader is walking, other members will often try and catch up to him by running a bit, alternating with walking.

Let me know if you need more details and thank you for working on this.

P.S.: a friend of mine replaced exitWith with then and the error stopped. I'm going to test it some more, but all good so far.

Edited by rakowozz

Is there a minimum size for the area for the Patrol ? I have the problem that in a area with the size of 50x50 the group always get waypoints next to them. Walking 2 steps stop and getting next waypoint 2 steps away. Most of the time they just running around in one spot back an fourth. With a area greater 100x100 all works fine! Is this a known issue ??

Edited by sammy66

I believe a minimum of 100x100 is required, Sammy66.

Maybe its just my computer giving out, but I notice with Upsmon often it tends to stop functioning mid mission and squads just sit still. Is that my CPU crapping out or a thing?

I've noticed that too now and again, a patrol group will stop even when other patrol groups in the same marker zone are still going. I wonder if using the "NOWAIT" function in their init field would help? Might be that the group finishes a patrol route and gets stuck waiting on that end, as if one of the group hasn't caught up yet. Just a thought (can't try at the moment, and hard to replicate).

Hi, can someone tell me if there is a support function with upsmon that will support my vehicles that are patrolling around my map with this script? When the fuel gets low on the vehicles how do I get them re-fueled? Is there someway to interrupt the upsmon init to have them RTB so they can repair/refuel/rearm and then reactivate the upsmon init??

Thanks.

UPSMON Vehicle not moving

Apologies if this has already been resolved (I simply don't have the time to sift through 50 pages of replies). Basically my problem is that an offroad I placed doesn't move or patrol anywhere.

offroad init: nul = [this, "w", "Safe", "Onroad"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: It seems to do this with all land vehicles (not sure about air), Infantry works fine, and for reference sake I'm using the A3 map pack (chernerus), the MCC Sandbox and I'm also using TPWCAS (the script version), as it came recomended.

Edited by LtArtorious

Hey Azroul,

Thank you for porting UPSMON to ARMA 3, it's been a real pleasure using it so far.

I came across a small issue though, it might be intended though.

When I put a group in fortify mode, they won't reply to reinforcement id call.

Anyway script is impressive!

Hey, maybe someone can help me. I tried every possible configuration, changed quite a few variables, then reset all of them to default... and nothing.

My groups are quite static. Actually, not only static, but acting cowardly. No matter if I'm one dude, or a full squad shooting at them, the enemies will always run away or go prone and stay prone. I've used previous versions of UPSMON (up to some quite recent ones) where I'd feel hunted! But now I'm even able to stroll into an area, do what I must do and leave unseen. Having some 30 guys patrolling an area only to later see them staying prone for good in a corner is frustrating.

I must be doing something wrong... These are my typical parameters:

[_unit0,"areaX","nofollow","SAFE","COLUMN","SPAWNED","delete:",240] execVM "UPSMON.sqf";

Lowering knowsAboutEnemy and others didn't help.

How can I make them more aggressive and fearless?

Few issues:

AI Patrols seem to be running in patrol mode even if i set a safe and limited parameter.

AI Doesnt seem to react to shared information, they keep patrolling like nothing is happening when there is a fight 100m away from them.

The last patches of Bis seems to have broken some parts of UPSMON :/ . I work on it.

Good to know :bounce3:

I'll keep on building my mission with it then and just update it when there is a fix available!

hi thanks for this script.

Is it ok to use alongside bcombat?

Also is it ok to use show/hide module on units with this script?should i expect any side effects?

Few issues:

AI Patrols seem to be running in patrol mode even if i set a safe and limited parameter.

AI Doesnt seem to react to shared information, they keep patrolling like nothing is happening when there is a fight 100m away from them.

Yes. Definitely. Latest patch has some issues for sure with this GREAT Upsmon script! Units are not reacting at all as should be. Ie. Not hunting you and not reacting at all to gunfights 100mn.

Hope still being worked on. Best script going since A2 (IMO).

hi thanks for this script.

Is it ok to use alongside bcombat?

Also is it ok to use show/hide module on units with this script?should i expect any side effects?

Other than the already mentioned problems with the latest arma patch, no. But those modules dont work in MP as far as ive tested.