cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

@barbolani

I will need more information because I just test the last UPSMON release on Armaholic and I see no problem. All my units takes the highest positions.

I am not using the latest latest version. Will try on that. But in {version _x} forEach _versions, never seen that working ;)

If still does not work, I'll PM with the mission attached ok?

Hello.

I was getting an error report to the server. saying _inheli was an undifined variable reporting for lines 272 and 284 in UPSMON_MOVEMENT

I added this line :-

_inheli = "Air" countType [vehicle (_npc)]>0;

at line 576 in the UPSMON_SrchRetreatPos func with the _inboat and the _isdriver vars

havent seen the error since and not sure if that was correct but thought you would like to know anyway.

Hi!

I have a very simple problem with the UPSMON. I did the first four steps in the guide but the units remain still. I think that it's caused because the script doesn't run. I reviewed meticulously my work and I didn't find any fail. I decided to upload the folder of my mission to see if someone can help me out.

mega.co.nz/#!utQFWKiK!aPv5yACKkdswjYSTAzzZeVjBkzwhtTs3fzW9k0kNjZ0

thank you so much.

rafasl18

Edited by rafasl18

Hi!

I have a very simple problem with the UPSMON. I did the first four steps in the guide but the units remain still. I think that it's caused because the script doesn't run. I reviewed meticulously my work and I didn't find any fail. I decided to upload the folder of my mission to see if someone can help me out.

mega.co.nz/#!utQFWKiK!aPv5yACKkdswjYSTAzzZeVjBkzwhtTs3fzW9k0kNjZ0

thank you so much.

rafasl18

I think this skript is for Arma3 and your map (utes) is from Arma2. I don't think this skript works in Arma2 !

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Is there a minimum size for the area for the Patrol ? I have the problem that in a area with the size of 50x50 the group always get waypoints next to them. Walking 2 steps stop and getting next waypoint 2 steps away. Most of the time they just running around in one spot back an fourth. With a area greater 100x100 all works fine! Is this a known issue ??

Nobody has the same problems with small markers ?

@BL1P

Thanks I will look at it.

@rafasl18

I just test it in AllInArma it works for me.

@R0t

The script should on any map there's nothing related to map config in UPSMON.

Nobody has the same problems with small markers ?

it should be solved in the next update.

Thx azroul for the quick replay and your awesome work.

Looking forward too this fix.

@Cool, nothing, with the latest version RANDOMUP does not work.... I PMed you....

Heya,

I'm unable to get the Template to work. The debug is saying that it is spawning the template but they don't show up.

I'm using the latest version. I read earlier that others were having the same issue, but the updated links you provided are no longer working. I assume that the latest v6.0.7.2 version includes your changes.

Here is a very short video of the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKWg7f7l-JU

Squad Init:

nul = [this,"area1","TEMPLATE:",1,"DELETE:",5] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Trigger:

nul = [1,"area0",4,["area1", "STEALTH"]] execVM  "scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_spawn.sqf";

Thanks for any direction.

Edited by neven

@neven

You need to add a position array to the template:

So

nul = [1,"area0",4,["area1", "STEALTH"]] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_spawn.sqf";

become

nul = [1,getmarkerpos "area0",4,["area1", "STEALTH"]] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_spawn.sqf";

@Cool, nothing, with the latest version RANDOMUP does not work.... I PMed you....

try it with nowp - they may be moving out of those positions before you are verifying them

@neven

You need to add a position array to the template:

So

become

I tried it with the new with the positiion array and they have stopped completely. Perhaps you can take a look?

I've attached the file here if you can check it out.

This is such a great way to optimize enemies in a mission. I hope to get his working. Thanks for your help! ;)

You forget to add an init.sqf with this line:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

Without it the script is never enabled.

You forget to add an init.sqf with this line:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

Without it the script is never enabled.

I have updated the file and as you can see, it still shows the same error.

Sorry about that. I forgot to add the init.sqf in the mission I provided. It was extracted from another mission.

As you can see it now shows 4 spawn in the debug, but their are no units. Only the template proceeds towards the marker.

I have used your suggested string in the trigger:

nul = [1,getmarkerpos "area0",4,["area1", "STEALTH"]] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_spawn.sqf";

I really appreciate your help.

I just test your mission, add the init.sqf, change the trigger to activate when I press radio alpha and I see four units spawning on your marker area0 and move to the next area.

I just test your mission, add the init.sqf, change the trigger to activate when I press radio alpha and I see four units spawning on your marker area0 and move to the next area.

Thanks for double-checking my mistake again. After your advice I changed it to Radio Alpha and it's working. I realized I didn't have the trigger set correctly for the "not present" function.

Thanks for bringing UPSMON to A3!

When using NOWP3, will the group still communicate with other UPS groups? So I could use them as a scout, have them not moving anywhere but still reporting enemy positions?

@Expouk

Yes, it's the main goal of "NOWP" parameters, the only way to not make them communicate is if the group is composed by civilian unit or if you add "NOAI" parameter.

@Expouk

Yes, it's the main goal of "NOWP" parameters, the only way to not make them communicate is if the group is composed by civilian unit or if you add "NOAI" parameter.

Awesome thanks man!

I wanted to update my older UPSMON script to this newone and make a quick test. Put a 50x50 marker named "town1" and then two small team, and the leaders' init is:

nul=[this,"town1","nofollow","move","delete:",600] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf"

And the both squad move only 1m away and back, away and back. So they don't patrol, but dancing.

What did I wrong.

@Bardosy

The only way to solved the problem until the next version is to make a 100*100 maker area.

Has anyone gottne formations to work? The only formation the units use it the Column formation, regardless of whatever you place in the init.

Has anyone gottne formations to work? The only formation the units use it the Column formation, regardless of whatever you place in the init.
Post your init.

Post your init.

In my Init.sqf: call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

In Unit Init: nul = [this,"marker","careless","wedge"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Secondly, I have a problem with my patrol groups just going in circles. I placed a three man group on patrol and everything ran smoothly. As soon as they encountered the enemy, they engaged, but rather than resume normal patrol, their waypoints were restricted to a circumference of 3m, back and forth, back and forth. I am running bCombat.

Update. It seems, somehow, the script, my engine, or God knows what, has retained its mistakes. After the above scenario, I restarted the editor. The normal patrol I spoke off before the engagement no longer exists. The circular pattern now beings from the start before any engagement. Just placing a patrol group of 3 out of in the middle of nowhere, with nothing else on the map, results in the leader having only 2 waypoints that are spaced 2m from each other. He just moves back and forth while the other two members hold position. How is this possible?

UPS: The latest version on Armaholic.com 6.0.7.2

Unit Leader's Init: nul = [this,"Marker","SAFE","WEDGE"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Marker: Named "Marker", 100:100

Other AI Mods: bCombat

Update#2: This is frustrating. I disabled all my mods, everything, and yet the problem persists. How can the script be working one minute, then make a 360 reversal the next? I really do not understand I am doing wrong here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by chondo999

Just placing a patrol group of 3 out of in the middle of nowhere, with nothing else on the map, results in the leader having only 2 waypoints that are spaced 2m from each other. He just moves back and forth while the other two members hold position. How is this possible?.

Same problem her! Azroul stated he will fix this in the next update. A workaround for me was not to use "RANDOM" an let them start outside of the markerArea. But it could also happen when they reach any waypoint. So what too say - I love the skript but in this state its just broken ans useless. I search the code on my own but im a noob in skripting :confused: So we have to wait for azrouls fix ;)

Edited by R0T

I did not know the issue was already addressed. I can't wait for the next release of this awesome script