cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

Thanks Cool=Azroul13, I saw your suggestion a few pages back. I will work on that. For the moment I use "player setCaptive true" so the players don't get shot during the cutscene, at least :)

Cool, attached you may find the mission here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rk23lkxqa6lt8j/Pruebas%2520Aeropuerto.Stratis.rar

It is unfinished, just accelerate time until you are detected, from this point, red dots appear.

Also advice about groups (one big group vs several groups) is welcome in the units distribution you may find.

And also: have fun! As I said it's unfinished but not complex: go ahead and kill everyone.

Cool, just an idea: is it possible to make the fortify units go check if the buildingpos is occupied by another unit? This would avoid finding 5 units stuck in the same place.

And another idea: to "forbid" them to go prone?

Edited by barbolani

@Cool=Azroul13, your suggestion worked beautifully!! I just added one Loiter waypoint on the fly after that and made the AI look at ease going for a debriefing. Many thanks...for one more time :)

is this HC possible? If so can anyone send a mission example or steps to do so. Am trying and its not working. thanks in advance.

apparently UPSMON can be used as HC by having a squad leader call it init box. Is this true? can anyone get me some direction here?

Hello

I have problem with spawn group from teamplate

Why if i create group (team leader,rifleman,medic), give to init of teamleader nul = [this,"yourmarkername","TEMPLATE:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";,

spawned group is not the same like original :confused: ?

number of soldiers and the fraction is the same,type of soldiers is incorrect (team leader,team leader,team leader)

I need to change something in the settings?

@JAndrews

I don't really how works the HC. Maybe you should talk with letranger, I think he use it in VTS with UPSMON.

@WYga

There was an error in the manual:

nul = [this,getmarkerpos "yourmarkername","TEMPLATE:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

It's strange that you have noerror with your previous line ??

Hi,

Just tried with simple mission. With 'show script errors' I get a few errors showing..

1. processInitCommands; - throws a wobbly in UPSMON.sqf line 569;

2. Also there seems to be a missing ';' somewhere near line 775 in UPSMON.sqf

Can't see the errors here quickly looking through. Maybe run a instance of Arma with -showscripterrors command line param?

Atmo

@Atmo

Sorry, but I will need more information because:

1. there's no processInitcommands in UPSMON.sqf

2. There are 645 line in UPSMON.sqf

Oh, I must have the wrong thing then but I downloaded the beta version I thought.

// UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script

// version 5.1.0 beta 1

Init_UPSMON.sqf has 576 lines and line 569 is processInitCommands;

UPSMON.sqf has 2575 lines and has two processInitCommands line 795 and line 2560

Does this help?

Atmo

Edited by Atmo
update

@JAndrews

I don't really how works the HC. Maybe you should talk with letranger, I think he use it in VTS with UPSMON.

Yea, me either, oh letranger you there???

Or anyone who has the knowledge, please can anyone who has used UPSMON with HC please give me some guidance?

thanks so much!!

@ATMO

i think you have downloaded the Arma2 version of UPSMON.

@JAndrews1

I will ask him.

I've lost track in this thread and I can't remember if this was answered before. I can't find the variable in the .sqf files, but figured I'd ask here...

Assume you have a squad with a respawn of "1." The first squad is all killed. Is there a way to make the respawned squad spawn anywhere other than where the first squad started (like a marker)? I think the answer is no, but I may have missed it in an update.

Regardless, this is great to have in A3 and makes making missions so much more dynamic. Thanks again for bringing it over.

@ATMO

i think you have downloaded the Arma2 version of UPSMON.

Ok. My bad. Sorry.

Atmo

It's strange that you have noerror with your previous line ??

nope

I try again after your post 2 options

1) init line leader of template : nul = [this,"MARKER1","TEMPLATE:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

triger: nul = [1,getmarkerpos "MARKER2",1,["MARKER2", "SAFE"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_SPAWN.SQF";

debug say:spawning 1 copies of template1 -spawn alot of team leaders ;)

2)init line leader of template : nul = [this,getmarkerpos "MARKER1","TEMPLATE:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

triger: nul = [1,getmarkerpos "MARKER2",1,["MARKER2", "SAFE"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_SPAWN.SQF";

debug say:spawning 1 copies of template1 - NOTHING spawned

template-normal group CSAT from editor

my friend has the same :(

@Gatordev

Sorry, for the moment the answer is no. It will be implemented in the next version.

@Wyga

I can't check the script on Arma III for the moment, Could you test the group respawn and see if it only spawn leaders class ?

thanks

@Gatordev

Sorry, for the moment the answer is no. It will be implemented in the next version.

No problem. I appreciate the answer and will continue to use it. Thanks again.

Same issue like in Wyga problem. Spawns only group consisted of leaders.

@Wyga / Gienkov

I think i found the problem, there's the hotfix:

Replace the file in UPSMON\modules.

Does anyone see a red marker with this version ?

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

Hi Cool=Azroul13,

unfortunatly the hotfix doesnt fix it issue for me. It still spawns the same class soldiers and is not reflecting the squad classes from the template.

Edited by specie
tested the hotfix.

Unfortunatly, this doens't solve it eighter. What happens now is that only two soldiers are spawned. First one, then a second one, but still same class. Also a vehicle spawns if in the template. The rest of the template is not spawning.

Hi Cool=Azroul13,

Thank you for your quick response and fix. Yes the latest hotfix spawns different classes now, although it seems it spawns the template twice with the following trigger:

nul = [3,getmarkerpos "area4",1,["area4"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_SPAWN.SQF";

setting the trigger to :

nul = [3,getmarkerpos "area4",3,["area4"]] execVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MODULES\UPSMON_SPAWN.SQF";

seems to spawn the template 4 times which indicates just the initial spawn happens two times.

Edited by specie
additional testing.

Hi Cool=Azroul13,

I reviewed your hotfix, and applying the following patch seems to give the expected behaviour.

line 68:

for [{_i=0},{_i<=_copies},{_i=_i+1}] do {

changed to:

for [{_i=1},{_i<=_copies},{_i=_i+1}] do {