cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

Will check it tomorrow, thanks for quick response!

The hotfix.rar cannot be opened; it is damaged.

Edited by chondo999

Test:

nul = [this,"AREA1","CARELESS","WEDGE"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

No mods or extra scripts running. No Dev build.

Result:

Still getting the "COMBAT" mode, gun raised behavior and the formation is still column. The latter is acceptable, the former breaks the essence of the script. I give up.

Edited by chondo999

Test:

nul = [this,"AREA1","CARELESS","WEDGE"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

No mods or extra scripts running.

Result:

Still getting the "COMBAT" mode, gun raised behavior and the formation is still column. I give up.

This seems to be a bug in the game, not in the script. I've been running into this aswell, according to this ticket the fix is already in the dev branch.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16994

This seems to be a bug in the game, not in the script. I've been running into this aswell, according to this ticket the fix is already in the dev branch.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16994

I am so glad it is not the script at fault for it is quite a lovely piece of art.

---------- Post added at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Grumpy, what is the draw back, if any, of using Dev build?

@Chondo999

Glad that it finally works.

For the formation problem, it's really strange, I'm wondering if formation are taken into account by AI when there are in Careless behaviour.

@Numrollen

What do you mean by HC support ?

He means Headless Client support, it would be great.

Now testing w and w/o that fix you gave me. Will reply soon.

Ok it looks like fix is working, but can't really say if it really works, here's why: RPT spam occured about one and half hour after mission start, FPS dropped for everyone then. Tested mission again for few minutes and problem didn't occured with and without fix. Anyway, thanks for it!

I don't know, whether this is correct here, but I found an error.

In the init_upsmon.sqf you have the abillity to turn R_WHO_IS_CIV_KILLER_INFO on or off but in the UPSMON_SN_EHKILLEDCIV script (in upsmon_r_fnc.sqf starting at line 254) the script checks whether UPSMON_WHO_IS_CIV_KILLER_INFO is > 0.

Just mentioning :)

BTW: Nice port!

And to add: Line 287 in upsmon_r_fnc.sqf (I mean "[uPSMON_Logic_civkill, nil, rglobalChat, format...") was not working. I replaced it with:

call compile format ["[{UPSMON_Logic_civkill globalChat ""A CIVILIAN WAS KILLED BY %1"";},""BIS_fnc_spawn""] call BIS_fnc_MP;",name _killer];

Edited by Fett_Li
Made no sense, first check and option were same though they are not

@Fett_Li

Thanks for the hint, it will be fixed in next release.

@gienkov

Do you remove dynamically UPSMON group in your mission ?

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

Thanks for another great update. I get continous spamming of "move ..." commands from squad leaders as soon as they detect enemies. Using the latest dev build though...

Is there a updated video or tutorial on how to? UPSMON, I have reinforcements and ambush set I just want to make sure they work.

NEVERMIND!!

Edited by JAndrews1

UPSMON_supstatestatus is broken.

This function only gets called when tpwcas is running. But in "scripts\UPSMON\COMMON\UPSMON_Aze_fnc.sqf" line 31 the function checks for:

_tpwcas_running = if (isNil "tpwcas_running") then {true} else {false};

But of course tpwcas_running is true so the script will just return 0 everytime.

This line has just to be replaced by:

_tpwcas_running = if (tpwcas_running) then {true} else {false};

EDIT: Without this correction units need very long to call for reinforcement. After my correction it gets very fast.

EDIT II:

Another error :p

A unit calling for reinforcement allways called for itself as it could be seen in the rpt.

This was just due to the case that the calling unit looked for the unit in the UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_XXXX_UNITS array who was nearest to the calling unit. Badly enough was the calling unit of course most near to itself. So it allways called itself for reinforcement. My improvements:

UPSMON_Askrenf = 
{
player globalchat "reinf";
private ["_npc","_target","_radiorange","_renf","_fixedtargetpos","_side","_dir1","_dir2","_renfgroup","_KRON_Renf","_ArrayGrpRenf"];

_npcpos = _this select 0;
_targetpos = _this select 1;
_radiorange = _this select 2;
_side = _this select 3;
_Enemies = _this select 4;
_npc = _this select 7; //this is new

_fixedtargetpos = [0,0];
_renf = false;
_renfgroup = ObjNull;
_UPSMON_Renf = [];

switch (_side) do 
{
	case West: 
	{
		_UPSMON_Renf = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_WEST_UNITS - [_npc];	//org:_UPSMON_Renf = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_WEST_UNITS;
	};
	case EAST: 
	{
		_UPSMON_Renf = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_EAST_UNITS - [_npc];	//org: _UPSMON_Renf = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_EAST_UNITS;
	};
	case resistance: 
	{
		_UPSMON_Renf = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_GUER_UNITS - [_npc];	//org: _UPSMON_Renf = UPSMON_REINFORCEMENT_GUER_UNITS;
	};

};

Of course the call for reinforcements has now to be like this:

_reinforcementsent = [getpos _npc,_attackpos,_radiorange,_side,_Enemies,_nbrTargets,_enemytanknear,_npc] spawn UPSMON_Askrenf;	//org:_reinforcementsent = [getpos _npc,_attackpos,_radiorange,_side,_Enemies,_nbrTargets,_enemytanknear] spawn UPSMON_Askrenf;

(found in scripts\UPSMON\UPSMON_MAINLOOP.sqf; line 653

Edited by Fett_Li

Hey Cool; I've enjoyed UPSMON for months now, but I have always had a question regarding this. Is there a limit to how many zones UPSMON can handle, and or how many squads can call the script?

A couple more likely silly questions.

When the AI patrols around the team leader constantly calls out where they are going to move to.

Also I keep getting text in the lower left corner coming from my character saying "RFID 0" then "RFID 1" then it keeps on with "RFID 1". I have debug off, but what else have I missed?

Thanks again everyone, and Az and others for working on the scripts.

Mattnum

@Mattnum: This "RFID x" was something I found, too. It's due to a testing line Azroul probably added.

I think it's upsmon_mailoop.sqf where something like:

player globalChat format ["%1",_rfid];

Is writren. In my opinion, yiu can just delete this line (I did).

Ai still patrol with weapons up and also ignore the formations you give them eg; nul =[this,"area2","RANDOM","SAFE","WEDGE","REINFORCEMENT","NOVEH","RADIORANGE:",500] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

this is really important to get working.

WTF is RFID spam?

thanks

Edited by blazenchamber

Is there a limit to how many zones UPSMON can handle, and or how many squads can call the script?

As far as I can tell it's more likely that you'll reach the group limit (144 per side still true for arma3?) way before bringing the script to a halt.

I've tested it with 100-130 units for each blufor, independent and opfor (no civilians though), up to 60 groups in total, all battling each other in various marker zones for around 10 minutes.

FPS was about the same as when I had all these units/groups going on without using upsmon.

Ai still patrol with weapons up and also ignore the formations you give them eg; nul =[this,"area2","RANDOM","SAFE","WEDGE","REINFORCEMENT","NOVEH","RADIORANGE:",500] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

this is really important to get working.

WTF is RFID spam?

thanks

This should be resolved on the devbranch according to the feedback tracker issue I linked earlier.

About the RFID spam read the post above yours.

I'm sure Cool=Azroul13 will fix it.

Ok thanks thats interesting .

i sort of got this to work.. this setBehaviour "SAFE"

what happend to "NOWAIT" they now stand around for ages?