cool=azroul13

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII

Yes. Just tried it again...
I tried this too, on an older version of UPSMON from August 2013. with the same init. This does not work with the earlier version either. I am on stable build.

@gatordev

I don't really understand what you want to do ?

Using UPSMON in A2, I could set a group of units with custom loadouts (various weapons and magazines). When the unit respawned, it respawned with the custom loadouts of the weapons and mags.

In A3, it seems (based on the answer I got and looking at the scripts) that if I add custom loadouts (weapons, vests, etc), when the units respawn, they will NOT respawn with the custom loadouts and instead spawn with the default unit load out. I was just hoping the A3 version could do what the A2 version does with loadouts and respawn. If it can't, not a big deal, but that's all I was asking/trying to determine.

You need to try, I can't for the moment. But I don't see why it will be different from A2 with the "INIT:" parameter. You need to use this parameter, it's the only way.

I would like to thank Cool=Azroul13 for his efforts in porting UPSMON to ArmA 3.

I do know what kind of problems you're facing ;)

Now it's a bit off-topic here, but since some users already posted about the matter let me add the following.

I hope we'll be able to achieve good compatibility between UPSMON and bCombat.

bCombat can already graciously cope with UPSMON, as long as you change some settings within its config.sqf , accordingly to this schema:

bcombat_allow_fast_move = false;
bcombat_allow_fleeing = false; 
bcombat_allow_surrender = false;	
bcombat_allow_cover = false;
bcombat_allow_targeting = false;	
bcombat_allow_tightened_formation = false;
bcombat_allow_investigate = false;

Sure all this strips quite many features and bCombat morale system can't be disabled at all, but overall i think the compatibility level is already decent.

I would dream a combo in which bCombat takes care of micromanaging infantry units, whereas UPSMON takes care of managing groups ;)

Me out.

Keep the great work.

Thanks Fabrizio,

The only problem I found between UPSMON and bcombat is the ambush system. As I need to control the IA individually, there some weird behaviour. They stay stick together when I want that only one man put the Mine. Maybe I can disable one variable of bcombat that control the formation and enable them when ambush is over.

Thanks Fabrizio,

The only problem I found between UPSMON and bcombat is the ambush system. As I need to control the IA individually, there some weird behaviour. They stay stick together when I want that only one man put the Mine. Maybe I can disable one variable of bcombat that control the formation and enable them when ambush is over.

Regrouping is controlled by bcombat_allow_tightened_formation, which is listed above.

If you set it to false units are not regrouped anymore.

Moreover, if you are willing to have a unit doing something top priority, you may forge a bCombat "fake" priority task, by writing (being _unit the soldier):

_unit setVariable ["bcombat_task", [ "", "mydummytask", 100, [] ] ];

Then insert your own code.

This way you make bCombat aware that unit has already some "task", featuring an empty script handle ( "" ), a fantasy name ( "mydummytask" ), maximum priority ( 100 ) and no additional arguments ( [] ).

So bCombat will not disturb your unit (since priority=100 tasks are not interruptable ) until you release the task for the unit.

This is done with the following instruction:

_unit setVariable ["bcombat_task", nil];

It's a workaround which may grant the desired compatibility (as long as you remember to release the task).

Edited by fabrizio_T

You need to try, I can't for the moment. But I don't see why it will be different from A2 with the "INIT:" parameter. You need to use this parameter, it's the only way.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? The "INIT:" parameter wasn't required in the A2 version, so I'm trying to make sure I understand how to use it with the "RESPAWN:x" parameter. I have the "RESPAWN:x" parameter working, but when the group respawns, they have the default loadout. Would it be something like this:

nul=[this,"area0","init:", "this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"", "this addweapon "RH_M4"","respawn:", 1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

I'll have to try it later, but figured I'd ask here.

I never use this parameter, but I thinck it qhould be more like:

nul=[this,"area0","init:", "this addmagazine ""30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"";this addweapon ""RH_M4""","respawn:", 1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

The problem is that all your UPSMON group unit will have this weapon.

I'm working on a new parameter that if it is enable save the soldier loadout (vest,backpack etc...) for each units and restore his loadout when it respawn. It will be more simple.

I never use this parameter, but I thinck it qhould be more like:

nul=[this,"area0","init:", "this addmagazine ""30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"";this addweapon ""RH_M4""","respawn:", 1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

The problem is that all your UPSMON group unit will have this weapon.

I realized this when I was playing with it last night...since the init only goes in the leader's init field. Oh well...

I'm working on a new parameter that if it is enable save the soldier loadout (vest,backpack etc...) for each units and restore his loadout when it respawn. It will be more simple.

...but this would be a fantastic addition and solve the issue. Thanks for at least looking at it...and thanks for your continued updates on UPSMON.

Is there a way to use UPSMON to populate the upper levels of the watch towers and the roof of HQ buildings? I have fortify working now but nothing I've done will get them to go up stairs! I'm running the stable version.

I found the problem, unfortunately the script is not the cause. AI seems to have some problem to move in the HQ building and the tower. The "domove" doesn't work in these cases, it seems that only "setpos" and add a waypoint to the building work.

Simple way to test:

Put an AI near the target building and set in his init: this domove ((nearestBuilding this) buildingPos 0);

In the HQ building the AI has some problem to find the door, in the second it works but replace 0 by 1 and the unit will not move upstair they stay at the right position relative to X and Y axes but at level 0 from the Z axes.

So for the moment, there's no way to make it works.

I found the problem, unfortunately the script is not the cause. AI seems to have some problem to move in the HQ building and the tower. The "domove" doesn't work in these cases, it seems that only "setpos" and add a waypoint to the building work.

Simple way to test:

Put an AI near the target building and set in his init: this domove ((nearestBuilding this) buildingPos 0);

In the HQ building the AI has some problem to find the door, in the second it works but replace 0 by 1 and the unit will not move upstair they stay at the right position relative to X and Y axes but at level 0 from the Z axes.

So for the moment, there's no way to make it works.

Grrrrr.... Thanks for looking into this! Why on Earth would BI include military buildings and then make them particularly difficult for their own AI to use? The AI worked so well in the test mission you included that I really got my hopes up that it might be that easy to get them to take stations in the actual military structures too. :raisebrow:

Again, the official "Sites" module can do this but then there is no way to equip them, fine tune their skills, or even control caching of them.

hey man,

I opted out of development build in favor of the stable one and just wanted to confirm that the bug related to AI not patrolling in SAFE mode (without any contact walking with weapon raised) is due to something in the dev build.

am wondering if there is a way for UPSMON to have units get into military cargo post? for some reason they dont go into cargo post.

Also, the reinforcments when set with fortify and then trigger hits, they dont move they stay in barracks.

Edited by JAndrews1

Hello, when i use the splendid camera it ruins the reinforcement script as it reveals units. Is there any way around this? as any other camera script is horrible in comparison.

@Gvse

Thanks for the report, i hope for the next stable it will be solved.

@JAndrews1

thanks, I will look at it.

For building garrison, it's BIS problem, maybe someone can report it to BIS.

@Manlysloth

What is the script you use ?

Is your player unit in a n UPSMON group ?

I'm using the splendid camera which comes with the game, it's on the debug menu under the name camera. and no my unit is not a part of upsmon. i loaded the test mission which has the reinforcing apc, i spawn in my soldier, open the camera which reveals the enemy troops and then i exit the camera and the reinforcement group starts moving.

Hello, when i use the splendid camera it ruins the reinforcement script as it reveals units. Is there any way around this? as any other camera script is horrible in comparison.

Try putting your units directly into either VTS or MCC (both found on the forums). They both have camera functions. I also cannot see how ANY camera ruins a reinforcement for UPSMON.

Do you mean spawn the AI with MCC? because i don't think it uses the reinforcement feature. The camera for MCC doesn't work for me, probably because I'm on the dev patch.

New version, that I don't fully tested so do not mirror it.

changelog:

-The compatibility problem between UPSMON ambush module and bcombat is solved.

-RadioRange parameter can be change dynamically ({_x setvariable ["UPS_RadioRange",_range];} foreach units _UPSMONgroup) it concerns Reinforcement and Artillery module.

-New parameter "CUSTOM", with this parameter and "Respawn", you can now save each units loadout.

I made some modification that will result a little gain in performance.

UPSMON 6.0.6.4:

http://www.uploadlux.com/l-1jREN8oSGp

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

Just as a reminder..

Yes. Just tried it again. I placed a marker called "town" 100x100 that included the guard post and HQ building on the hill top just east of the Stratis air base. I placed a BLUEFOR squad of six (I think that area has at least six "up" positions available) inside the marker area. I used nul=[this,"town","randomup","NOWP"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; on the squad leader. I placed a blue "player" unit so I could watch the action. They either move just a little bit and then they stand there, on the ground, or they turn invisible and stay on the ground. I tried using a smaller marker size and I experimented with placing the units in different starting locations and nothing I did would get them to occupy the upper placements of either structure. I tested with vanilla 1.08 with no additional scripts or add ons.

I really appreciate your work on this! I very much enjoy UPSMON other than this one problem. I know there is an official module that will place units in these upper positions but they are "stupid" about their behavior and there is no way to further customize individual groups or units placed with the module method.

Best wishes,

This is still not working with latest release.

New version, that I don't fully tested so do not mirror it.

changelog:

-The compatibility problem between UPSMON ambush module and bcombat is solved.

-RadioRange parameter can be change dynamically ({_x setvariable ["UPS_RadioRange",_range];} foreach units _UPSMONgroup) it concerns Reinforcement and Artillery module.

-New parameter "CUSTOM", with this parameter and "Respawn", you can now save each units loadout.

I made some modification that will result a little gain in performance.

UPSMON 6.0.6.4:

http://www.uploadlux.com/l-1jREN8oSGp

Can you give me a hint on the "CUSTOM" syntax? Is it like this:

nul=[this,"area0","respawn:",1, "CUSTOM"] execVM ""scripts\upsmon.sqf"

I'm digging through your scripts and I'm just not seeing it to try and figure out the syntax.

Hi thanks for the update, great!

There is still one problem I immediatly notice, I think it was mentioned earlier:

When giving a group eg. "nul=[this,"area0","nowp"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; and an initiating waypoint (a way I like to build missions, then let UPSMON take over upon contact), the group moves slow with weapons raised and always in coloumn formation, no matter what is specified in the waypoint. Is this intentional? It didn't work that way in earlier versions I believe, and not in Arma 2...

Edit: I should add that as soon as enemy is spotted and UPSMON takes over waypoint creation everything works fine!

@Beerkan

I'm working on it. :cool:

@gatordev

You writte it the good way.

@malkekoen

it seems the problem was present in the dev version, I don't update Arma3 with the last stable version (crappy connection).

@malkekoen

it seems the problem was present in the dev version, I don't update Arma3 with the last stable version (crappy connection).

Yes it was indeed a problem in the dev, but also now in the stable branch (newly updated) unfortunetly. I saw another thing, an enemy UAV was flying overhead a group (I was not the leader) and the group creates Seek and Destroy waypoints in the air. It seems a bit strange, maybe it would be possible to make sure that all ground unit waypoints are on the surface?