Sign in to follow this  
DANZVANZ88

Mexican Armed Forces Mod

Its in a beginning process, right now I dont have a team to start off and im barely getting the hang of the Blender program. Im not a professional at all in modeling, but im going to try to port some vehicles into arma 3. So hang in there guys that im going to go through tutorials to understand this process. The models where donated by a good friend of mine that lives in Monterrey, Mex. If anyone wants to take part of this glad to have you on board. Im going to set up an email to be in contact or we can communicate through this forum.

First of is the Policia Federal Vehicles:

bee6ec814c76f8f8a26a3ab2fa690131_zps3f2f6e15.jpg

Toyota Tundra W/ prison transport cage.

6cdcdf2bae4cc8a4a26a3ab2fa690131_zps0f1e99ca.jpg

Toyota Hilux

92a862e138ab09aba26a3ab2fa690131_zps61631913.jpg

Ford Lobo

2406ca592151e70aa26a3ab2fa690131_zps58d23722.jpg

Ford truck w/ Command Center

images_zps9b86dc0d.jpg

Chevy Suburban

SEDENA (SECRETARIA DE DEFENSA NACIONAL) {Mexicos Federal Army}

33873d2719fab65bc73de3e75ecb60d1_zps5fc931c4.jpg

Dodge Single Cab Pick up (Medics)

11c8cf026e1a5d84a938a88c0c4f5f6b_zps93124146.jpg

Chevrolet Crew Cab

252f3dc5957c6f4d9d5ba41912343b9_zps5bc1e2c2.jpg

Dodge Crew Cab

aeffc19f7c4218a436eca3fd0399a2c7_zps14cb4b2e.jpg

f505259e524a4630ef414694eba296bd_zpsee6985a5.jpg

Razor

I will post more models soon and the work as i progress so guys please have patience with me.

• Like 2

( As I assume that the models are free license or you have the permission to use them )

That's an awesome idea, the mexican war on drugs. With the new A3 dry enviroment, it could fit perfectly in North of Mexico. ¡Que bueno wey!

Google sketchup ? It will be hard to convert these models into .3ds and then into .p3d without being damaged. Good luck with that.

Yes, thats why I said Im going to take my time to do them. For the Infantry i think it would be better to use the units from the U.S ingame and retexture them. All i would need should be the G3A3's, HK33, HK21, FX-05 for the SEDENA. The rest of the weapons ive seen other modders do them so lets see how it goes. Understand its a 1 man team.

So is this going to be based on the Drug War? Will you include cartel units and maybe US. Border Agents?

Yes, I reccomend you to retexture standard US or INDEP soldiers instead of involding yourserlf into an complex and who knows if working creating new uniforms. I did the same for Croatian army soldiers.

Understand its a 1 man team.

I know how you are feeling. :(

I was thinking adding two Cartels one on the opfor side and one in the independent. so switching the independent side to unfriendly would make them a target as well.

The cartels i was thinking should be changed for the opfor im naming them the Omegas(Z) and El Cartel (CDG or CDS doesnt matter since its generic so any of them two can be).

on the bluefor side Im adding:

Policia Federal

Sedena (ARMY)

SEMAR (Marines)

PC (Policia Communitarias)

two maps one based in the Northern Border and the other one with mountains and difficult to drive terrain

the Omegas and El Cartel will have the following weapons

Ak-47, Ak-74, M-4s, M-60s, Barrets, M-16's plus Grenades, RPGs and browning M2s

^ With a large number of sidearms like the FN Five seven. You could also add the AR-15 and a lot of drum mags for various weapons.

A mk19 variant would be cool too on the Dodge Mexican_troops_operating_in_a_random_checkpoint_2009.jpg

You might be able to ask around to see if you could get the mk19 from someone else.

Edited by Largos.

Awesome mod! I've always wanted to have some drug cartels to fight as or fight against and the Mexican police and army!

The Mexican police/army is pretty badass, they even pulled pit maneuver on a plane!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cPz04nTGk

Do you plan on having any of the makeshift armoured vehicles the cartels have?

Edited by ProGamer

Just a headsup: this video, thou labeled as MEXICAN federal police, is depecting an action of BRAZILIAN Federal Police.. they´re clearly speaking PORTUGHESE and not spanish...

But the Mexican police is really badass, cus you gotta have lot of nerves to go against some of those cruel cartels bosses that like to behead his opponents =P

Looking forward for this addon! All Latin American Forces unite! lol

Hi there,

I've been looking for a Mexican Armed forces mod, and i found this thread but it seems it has been pretty much dead since 2013.
So i wonder whether the main author of this great initiative has any update on it? 😁

having had a look over some of these meshes sketchup models that are available on their workshop, you are simply better of starting from scratch to be honest...

also, you might wanna have a look over their license before you do anything with them.

the fact that some friend of yours donated these when you could have simply downloaded these yourself is also a bit worrying...