CyclonicTuna

What's the story behind your username and avatar?

Many moons ago-56k dial up i picked 'the hooded claw' from a cartoon 'Penelope Pitstop'

Awhile later couldn't remember it and they offered an option? ck-claw

Which my 2 daughters names are Cerys & Kaiya so they're initials+ = ck-claw :)

The Hooded Claw

Definitely a good thread idea!

Like others, I have changed my nick quite a few times over the years, sometimes out of boredom, sometimes just to lay low after a drunken verbal outburst on the forums. My current nick (which ive had for a year or two or maybe three) is a reflection of my old love and hobby. In 2005 or so I purchased and restored a 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback. It originally came with a 302 cu in (5.0L) V8 and a 3 speed manual. I decided to go a bit bigger and installed a 557 cu in (9.0 L?) and a modern 6 speed manual. It was a BEAST! Sadly due to "issues" I had to sell it.

My Avatar reflects my years of service in the US Navy. Most, but not all of my ribbons/medals/warfare pins are represented there.

Edited by Stang69
typo

Nickname - Kernriver

A name of one of my favourite songs by my favourite country singer, Merle Haggard - Kern river

Because I'm a Croat. :)

Gnat;2588626']

@ProfTournesol

Tin Tin! Of course' date=' I'm a big fan but been too long since I read them ...... (starts googling 2nd hand Tin Tin books)

[/quote']

2nd hand? They're still for sale you know. At least where I live you can still get them in comic stores.

Here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Adventures-Tintin-Collectors-Gift/dp/0316006688

@everyone, love reading your stories!!

My nickname is pretty straight forward :) As a word ALIAS comes from latin so i think it means the same thing in all languages. I had cartoons because is something i chose to do few weeks ago.

As for my avatar is a character of mine i use in my animations. You can see him in action here

Edited by aliascartoons

I often used someone who's very fond of cigarettes as profile pic. Didn't you technically kill me off or not at one point?

The missile thing wasn't my work,oh and I still didn't forgot about the whole Tunisian deal.

My nickname is pretty straight forward :) As a word ALIAS comes from latin so i think it means the same thing in all languages. I had cartoons because is something i chose to do few weeks ago.

As for my avatar is a character of mine i use in my animations. You can see him in action here

Interesting! I enjoyed your animations!

My nickname is inspired by croatian tank M-95 Degman, combined with Cro - which is shortcut to Croatia. My avatar is actually a picture from CROAF mod that I am currently working on.

It's my monograph. I stylized that only the initial of my given name has capital letter (we are using eastern name order here in Hungary, so family name comes first, given name afterwards) because I don't really have a family. My avatar is basically the flag of the Ãrpád dynasty (ruling dynasty here between 10th and the 14th century) with my initials written on it in old Hungarian script (read left to right). I think it looks cool and I find the prehistory and the culture of my country interesting.

Hmm, well I grew up in the hood back in the 70's but used to go on 2 hour runs with my childhood buds to get away to the woods where we trapped and kept frogs and salamanders as pets. Don't know why I always liked them and the "Luv" just reflects my utter pimpish tackyness that no refinements can erase and henceforth my avatar. Once the internet was invented I couldn't keep track of all my usernames and passwords and somehow made frog the root of all them.

@Prof Tourney: LOL -I knew that name rang a bell somehow!

My username is a nickname of my last name Slattery...that's it pretty much :P

Mine comes from the movie Train Spotting, which I enjoyed a lot especially while I was younger.

At the same time I am known for my quite sick humor, which only made more sense to acquire this nickname ;-)

As I grow older, though, I wonder if I'd have to turn into a Sickman some day, or maybe SIXMan, now that would seem appropriate ;-)

The avatar... well, that's me, and the SIX refers to the withSIX product line and SIX Networks.

Edited by Sickboy

Hmm, well I grew up in the hood back in the 70's but used to go on 2 hour runs with my childhood buds to get away to the woods where we trapped and kept frogs and salamanders as pets. Don't know why I always liked them and the "Luv" just reflects my utter pimpish tackyness that no refinements can erase and henceforth my avatar. Once the internet was invented I couldn't keep track of all my usernames and passwords and somehow made frog the root of all them.

I thought that was because you loved the Frenchies so much :bounce12:

My nick comes from my highschool days when my mates used to call me puff, mainly due to me having a white boy's afro. I had it changed to pufu a long way back so that it is easier to grasp by the "interwebz". I have always used this one since 2000.

The avatar is a custom made one, by myself, for myself, out of boredom, while waiting for a anim render to finish to have it fed into AE. I even have a quick 2s anim for it for the same reasons...

My nickname comes from way back, in the early times of Runescape. I was in need of a name and during that time, I had a mad love for guinea pigs. That is just was Marsvinet translates to in Swedish, The Guinea pig. I thought it was a solid name so it has stayed with me.

The avatar is the most recent one in the line of guinea pigs, ever since I lost the original picture of one of my favorite guinea pigs due to Windows 7 being an asshole, I've been on the search for the new, perfect guinea pig picture.

If I could travel back in time, just once, I would go back to mid/late 2000 when I first started using this nick... and slap my stupid younger self hard around the face. Then I would force him to come up with something less childish. ;)

Unfortunately, I've now been using this nick for so long that I could probably never get used to a new one, so I've been forced to embrace it.

My avatar is a render of a very simple 3D model I made in Blender.

If I could travel back in time, just once, I would go back to mid/late 2000 when I first started using this nick... and slap my stupid younger self hard around the face. Then I would force him to come up with something less childish. ;)

Unfortunately, I've now been using this nick for so long that I could probably never get used to a new one, so I've been forced to embrace it.

My avatar is a render of a very simple 3D model I made in Blender.

Hey man don't be ashamed. The user defines the name, the name doesn't define the user. You gotta rock it, be proud of it, wear it like a staple of who you are and who you want to be ;)

As I grow older, though, I wonder if I'd have to turn into a Sickman some day, or maybe SIXMan, now that would seem appropriate ;-)

The avatar... well, that's me, and the SIX refers to the withSIX product line and SIX Networks.

What about "carrotchunkbloke" ? :)

@Maddog ... its a good nick, sounds like a hard nut with tatts waiting to slap anyone down :)

I'm claiming at least partial credit/blame for that one! LOL.

Alas, credit for that one goes to an Aussie living in Arizona, if I remember correctly. 2007 or so. Though it had (to my satisfaction) died a quiet little death for a couple years before you helped resurrect it. I swear, the British Empire is working against my chosen username. IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

Sorry DarkHorse, I can't get Shaded Pony out of my head now ;)

Great thread idea!

Well after i forgot my login info from the original Bohemia forums, i just looked into my garage and used the name of the car I owned at the time.... -> Not mine same car thou

Like mentioned above, if i could go back and think of something better....

My name is Gonzalo, and my family called me Txalo. When i registered in hotmail, it didn't accept nicknames with less than 6 characters.

Gonzalo -> Txalo -> Txalin :P