ohally

OHally's Boats - ARMA 3

OHALLY'S BOATS

Description:

OHally's boats brought the ability to pack and deploy CRRCs to AMRA 2 in script form. Now meet the next level in evolution (a.k.a extreme boredom and tired of looking at CAF stuff for today). Now the boats are in addon format (ONLY 2KB!!!!) There is no special way to activate. Launch as a normal addon. You can either place a boat in the editor (only NATO Assault boats at this time) or add a backpack to the unit init:

this addBackpack "B_CRRC_backpack";

Tested in MP (see video)

Works with AI Section members, they can disassemble, pick up and assemble.

Credits & Thanks:

BIS for the amazing sandbox platform you have given us!

Me (OHally) config and minor scripting

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{WFFBSjUxYVY5Wk1EN1FIYVVVYXZtYTFTbTR6aDY4eUl5U2NOWjFQb052aTB3MjJJZkRQTzNlUkkzZWxyNzRRa2RPbVd3RFdvM3RXdXZmek9LOTlYQmJKbDd1WE52WHZzS3BpaW1SSS81Sjd2bFVQdGJEVGtoWWpNU2VaVUJqYzI=}

Edited by Ohally

Very cool little thing, but my initial thought was the same as Penguin. Can't see how the engine should fit :P Other than that, pretty cool man!

I guess that is because I was being slow (read, emptying all my beers and whiskey leftover from Xmas....)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great mod, a script version would also be nice too. :D

Dirty Haz

This is an Amazing Idea!!! Nice Work!!!

Can i has make suggestion and agree with others.

two backpacks would be nifty since there are already items that take two backpacks (ie static weapons) it should fit right in to the norm. of the game

any way to change the animation when placing or packing the boat? there are a couple of anims that are "mechanics" anims. ie working on something mechanical. so it would look more like packing something up then just the "Put" action.

as is this mod is TITS.... Thanks again and for possibly considering our ideas and incorporating them into your mod!

1. To make it two backpacks you will not be able to deploy in water. The bags sink to the bottom so you wont be able to build it. The bag uses the same functions as the deployable static weapons / UAV

2. Same goes for an animation, If i make an animation that is too long you may drown deploying the boat.

3. No i wont be making a script version, the addon is 2KBs in size.

Enjoy,

I have found a work around thanks to the ARMA 2 SAMPLES

Here is the plan:

There will now be 2 back packs, 1 is the boat, 1 is the engine.

When you deploy the boat it will be a CRRC hull without engine on it, it will not be enterable but will float on the water properly

Then the holder of the Engine bag swims up, looks at the hull and finishes the assembly.

I've tinkered with inflating the boats etc but it's not likely going to happen (boats sink or damage too quick)

Stay Tuned more to follow.

I have found a work around thanks to the ARMA 2 SAMPLES

Here is the plan:

There will now be 2 back packs, 1 is the boat, 1 is the engine.

When you deploy the boat it will be a CRRC hull without engine on it, it will not be enterable but will float on the water properly

Then the holder of the Engine bag swims up, looks at the hull and finishes the assembly.

I've tinkered with inflating the boats etc but it's not likely going to happen (boats sink or damage too quick)

Stay Tuned more to follow.

Thanks for you mod OHally!

It's sad, but the pbo in "addons" directory seems to be wrongly signed, because both of my servers (windows and linux) can't verify signature of clients connecting with this mod. Despite that i've copied *.bikey, that's going with the mod,  into the "keys" directory of my servers.

Won't you be reviving your mod, or maybe would you agree if i make same mod inspired by yours (Ofcourse with a mark "Inspired by original OHally's Boat mod!")

Thanks for inspiration anyway! :)

Thanks for you mod OHally!

It's sad, but the pbo in "addons" directory seems to be wrongly signed, because both of my servers (windows and linux) can't verify signature of clients connecting with this mod. Despite that i've copied *.bikey, that's going with the mod,  into the "keys" directory of my servers.

Won't you be reviving your mod, or maybe would you agree if i make same mod inspired by yours (Ofcourse with a mark "Inspired by original OHally's Boat mod!")

Thanks for inspiration anyway!  :)

No worries, I've started moving into other projects at the moment any how.  Glad this is still getting use and the concept can live on in your efforts.

• Like 1