brians200

Randomly generated roadside IEDs

We've been using this on our server for a while now, and I must say, this definitely makes public ops. more entertaining... thank you so much for this script! :D

Glad you are enjoying it!

are you using those models of buried artillery shell ieds recently released to the public?

I am not, can you point me to them?

Hello all , a little report :

Sometimes on dedicated server, even if a player is crawling to disarm the IED the IED explose for no reason.

They dont seem to be on the assets page, which i presume then they are subject to change>

Entrys with no config....... tbc???

IEDMineBigExplosion

IEDMineBigGarbageCrater

IEDMineBigLandcrater

IEDMineFlame

IEDMineSmallExplosion

IEDMineSmallLandcrater

I know there were some shapes but im stumped if i can see them now....

Edit in cfgammo :)

Edit... lucky i keep these little gems on a notepad file when i find them...

IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo

IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo

IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo

IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo

Edited by Champy_UK
picking it up as i go

Hello all , a little report :

Sometimes on dedicated server, even if a player is crawling to disarm the IED the IED explose for no reason.

That is a known issue on the front page. I also don't know what I can do to prevent that. Arma is reporting that you are going faster than 5.2, even though you are crawling, which sets off the trigger.

They dont seem to be on the assets page, which i presume then they are subject to change>

Entrys with no config....... tbc???

IEDMineBigExplosion

IEDMineBigGarbageCrater

IEDMineBigLandcrater

IEDMineFlame

IEDMineSmallExplosion

IEDMineSmallLandcrater

I know there were some shapes but im stumped if i can see them now....

Edit in cfgammo :)

Edit... lucky i keep these little gems on a notepad file when i find them...

IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo

IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo

IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo

IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo

I saw those when I was originally working on this. However, when I spawn them using createVehicle, they have BIS's red triangle/disarm stuff attached to them. I cannot get them to go off when I walk/drive by them either. Is there a way to remove that out of there and just use the model?

I guess not without editing them and converting them to your own use via an addon?

I presume they have no explosions (re my above) as the configs are empty ?

And when you spawned them is that using createvehicle or create vehicle array as somepeople have issues using the latter? And is there possibly a command to remove this function in script and then associate your own explosions??

Edited by Champy_UK

I guess not without editing them and converting them to your own use via an addon?

I presume they have no explosions (re my above) as the configs are empty ?

And when you spawned them is that using createvehicle or create vehicle array as somepeople have issues using the latter? And is there possibly a command to remove this function in script and then associate your own explosions??

I tried creating them both ways, and they both had the "bomb triangle" and deactivate option. Deactivating them throws an error because it is empty: "No entry 'config.bin/CfgMagazines.IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Mag'."

I have looked on the commands page, but the only commands I was able to find were

CreateMine

RevealMine

MineActive

All of which don't remove that triangle.

removeAllActions does not remove the deactivate option either. So it is beyond me..

I tried creating them both ways, and they both had the "bomb triangle" and deactivate option. Deactivating them throws an error because it is empty: "No entry 'config.bin/CfgMagazines.IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Mag'."

I have looked on the commands page, but the only commands I was able to find were

CreateMine

RevealMine

MineActive

All of which don't remove that triangle.

removeAllActions does not remove the deactivate option either. So it is beyond me..

So make an addon with them in ;) Might be able to edit the config to suit?

Hello,

i have a little error since the update : [ BI_fnc_MPexec] Function 'CREATE_RANDOM_IEDS' does not exist.

Someone know why ? thanks a lot

You are welcome to compile a list of places. I will be changing the way they are formatted in the next update, so please put them in this format.

[Name, locationX, locationY, locationZ, sizeWidth, sizeHeight]

Ok i will report location that i use for takistan.

Edited by izaiak

Can you send me your mission?

Ok i will report location that i use for takistan.

Sorry to change, but I have changed it to

["Name",[LocationX,LocationY,LocationZ],size]

since it always uses circles

Edited by brians200

Excuse my english and my noobie question.

I tried to spawn IEDs only in Syrta so i changed

_cityNames = ["Gravia","Lakka","OreoKastro","Abdera","Galati","Syrta","Kore","Negades","Aggeochori","Kavala","Panochori","Zaros","Therisa","Poliakko","Alikampos","Neochori","Stravos","Agios Dionysios","Athira","Frini","Rodopoli","Paros","Kalochori","Sofia","Molos","Charkia","Pyrgos","Dorida","Chalkiea","Panagia","Feres","Selakano","Random1","Random2","Random3","Random4","Random5","Random6","Random7","Random8","Random9","Random10","Random11","Random12","Random13","Random14","Random15","Random16"];

to

_cityNames = ["Syrta"];

but no matter which City I choose it seems it only takes Gravia. Why?

Edited by Saine

Excuse my english and my noobie question.

I tried to spawn IEDs only in Syrta so i changed

_cityNames = ["Gravia","Lakka","OreoKastro","Abdera","Galati","Syrta","Kore","Negades","Aggeochori","Kavala","Panochori","Zaros","Therisa","Poliakko","Alikampos","Neochori","Stravos","Agios Dionysios","Athira","Frini","Rodopoli","Paros","Kalochori","Sofia","Molos","Charkia","Pyrgos","Dorida","Chalkiea","Panagia","Feres","Selakano","Random1","Random2","Random3","Random4","Random5","Random6","Random7","Random8","Random9","Random10","Random11","Random12","Random13","Random14","Random15","Random16"];

to

_cityNames = ["Syrta"];

but no matter which City I choose it seems it only takes Gravia. Why?

First off, do not touch any of the code in Ied.sqf.

In IedInit.sqf, you will see a giant list of parameters in the method call at the bottom. Simply remove the ones you don't want. If you would like to define a custom one, place a marker on the map, and then create a new entry in the parameter array using the marker's name.

ah.. after a lot of tryouts (or tries? im not sure), it finally works.

Your Script was my door to the ArmA Editor. Thanks :)

This will be an option in the next version. I am currently having MP issues that I am working on.

In the current version, find the file called "Ied.sqf". Go to the function "CREATE_RANDOM_IEDS".

Change this code

_iedSize = "SMALL";
r = floor random 100;
if(r>40) then {
_iedSize = "MEDIUM";
};
if(r>80) then {
_iedSize = "LARGE";
};

To this

_iedSize = "SMALL";

Edited by brians200

Hey brians is there a way to place an ied via marker and have it a chance that it is real or fake?

Edit:-

Not to worry, i'll just place normal editor items down ;)

Edited by ck-claw

Hey brians is there a way to place an ied via marker and have it a chance that it is real or fake?

Edit:-

Not to worry, i'll just place normal editor items down ;)

Are you talking about the single IED mode? I can add that in to the next update. Which is almost ready.

Yes mate-would be nice to place an IED with a marker and say have a percentage probability weather it's real or fake IED.

Loving the script btw thanks :)

Version 1.2

• IEDs can now be set off by explosives
  • Secondaries now create a secondary IED, rather than just randomly making an explosion a short time later
  • Changed the predefined location setup to make it easier to edit
  • Added percentage sized options
  • Tweaked smoke particle effects
  • Fixed a bug with the speed check that allowed you to go as fast as you wanted backwards
  • Moved all the settings out of the init to make it easier to modify
  • Added a percentage chance to the single IED creation mode

Enjoy

Thanks brians200!!! It will be fun to play around with the new version today. Just what I needed :)

Hey Brian,

I love this, and really jumped out of my chair the first time I set one off, really wasn't expecting the smoke cloud to be that big.

I thought, rather than do the hard work you did to set up markers on any map, use the cfgWorld config file to your advantage.

Found this code from Kylania a while back and needed a use for it. I believe you could benefit from it. (Originally Posted here)

I have modified it slightly to return an array of all towns.

I am hoping this will aid you in creating a random setup IED on any island....

I have created a sample mission HERE for Zargabad - requires the A3MP (found here)

I did notice the radiusA and radiusB for Zargabad were all set to 100, not very handy, so i put in a default of 500m for a spawn area.

hope it helps.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Brian,

I love this, and really jumped out of my chair the first time I set one off, really wasn't expecting the smoke cloud to be that big.

I thought, rather than do the hard work you did to set up markers on any map, use the cfgWorld config file to your advantage.

Found this code from Kylania a while back and needed a use for it. I believe you could benefit from it. (Originally Posted here)

I have modified it slightly to return an array of all towns.

I am hoping this will aid you in creating a random setup IED on any island....

I have created a sample mission HERE for Zargabad - requires the A3MP (found here)

I did notice the radiusA and radiusB for Zargabad were all set to 100, not very handy, so i put in a default of 500m for a spawn area.

hope it helps.

I have seen it go off hundreds of times, and I still jump every time, even when I know it is coming.

This is wonderful. Looking at the config files for Altis and Stratis, all the radii are different and don't make any circles. The nearRoads command takes in a circle in size, so I suppose I could average the two radii or take the max of them. Perhaps you could convince the A3MP people to give the cities proper sizes. ;)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Cheers Foxhound.

Hello, brians200, thanks for great script!

Just one question: is there a way to create safe zones, where no IEDs could spawn, even if they covered with marker?