.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

I had it all working, everything except vehicles in IF missions lol. I could play arma 3 I could play Iron front I could play iron front in arma 2 and iron front in arma 3.

Right now I'm done with it, i'll keep an eye out for the day when there is a straight forward way to make it work, great addons with a really counter intuitive installation process.

Guys if you want to play it NOW, install it manually , otherwise wait for the Play With Six version to be fixed

I thought PWS was fixed. I've been playing even with DLC for a few days now. Its missing US static, but other than that its working fine.

I thought PWS was fixed. I've been playing even with DLC for a few days now. Its missing US static, but other than that its working fine.

Which version did you download on PWS?

Which version did you download on PWS?

Everything is up to date. Well as up to date as PWS has.

PWS works for me aswell! I'm using the Beta-build and i have no error-messages whatsoever! :)

I have my game IF installed through Steam , which patch should I install?

Patches for Arma3

IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.12.exe (596 MB) (MD5: e1a29bc1a9cc505efbaa3dba8b52d5c2)

IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07_Digitial.exe (6.3 MB) (MD5: 8a7010dd3b69ad2bfbebf73e4e4d5c2d)

IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07_Steam.exe (146 MB) (MD5: fc764d307e79c046870073a5ee6c83b9)

I have version 1.65 on Iron Front. I start the game through PWS.

Edited by Nikiforos

So, i did everything right, as it is said in the tutorials but somehow i cant play it, there is always 1 file missing (Voice/male/)

And if i start the game, even though everything is installed properly i get the message

"AiA_Infantry_IF" requires addon "LIB_sov_characters"

Pls Help

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-24911614/2014-10-13_00001.jpg.html

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-24911620/2014-10-13_00002.jpg.html

Edited by Weißdorn

@ beansy

It means the patch was not applied. If you want to use PWS to do so, you have to

switch it to bea branch. See below.

In addition best use one of the shared collections - IFA3SA should NOT be mixed with AiA.

You have to delete all IF related modfolders first, before applying the new full patches.

@ Mikey74

What do you mean with "Its missing US static"?

@ Nikiforos

Please read the updated wiki guides and the note below if you want to use PWS.

If you still have questions afterwards, come back here.

@ Weißdorn

Please upload the rpt log file of a session with this problem.

---

### 2014-10-13 news ###

Play withSIX works again finally! :bounce3:

For now you still need to switch to beta branch:

https://i.imgur.com/33t8QRO.gif (233 kB)

Known issues:

---

• Load order is not fully correct
  • DLC LITE is not available in A3 with IFA3SA (LITE)

Please follow the wiki docu how to set it up:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki

Sorry to say this but this is a mess, I installed PWS things got updated but when I try to play it says AiA Core is missing or something like that. I downloaded the whole standalone version 2.5 gb I think and got millions of problems. Very close to uninstall the whole thing. It might be my mistake but it's very hard to understand the whole procedure.

So, after 16 hours i finally managed to run the mod properly,

@Nikiforos, head to the 1st page and install the whole thing manually, as it is said in the, setup tutorial this worked for me.

I will now try to add the manually installed mod to my arma 3 collection with PWS

Best regards Weißdorn ;)

@ Nikiforos

With PWS its essentially subscribe to a shared collections. That's too complicated?

First of all sorry if I offended someone and especially you kju

I will ask some questions and feel free to answer.

1.I installed IF to another driver than Arma 3 I guess this not a problem

2.Do I need to download the AiA package? Either lite or full to have it run?

3. Is it enough to download the IF3 Standalone?

thank you!

Every time I try to install IF via PW6 lately (with the new update) I get these errors...it happens every single time with every patch. This is just one example:

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Iron Front DLC Arma Version: Updating version 1.62 to version 1.63...

Update 1.62-1.63\@LIB_DLC_1\ADDONS\FRANCE_DATA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.62-1.63\@LIB_DLC_1\ADDONS\IF_DLC_MPMISSIONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.62-1.63\@LIB_DLC_1\ADDONS\LIB_DLC_SPMISSIONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Iron Front DLC Arma Version patch 1.63 has been applied successfully.

As far as I know all games are set to the correct directory, all games are up to date, using stable version not dev branch, etc. Can't figure out what is wrong... :confused:

and although it says patch applied successfully it is not applied...I cannot access any IF content except for Omaha Beach map and there are a lot of issues when it loads.

@ Nikiforos

I don't get why you don't seem to read my responses to your earlier questions,

nor you seem to be willing to read the docu provided. Why? :confused:

@ JMDECC

It seems you did have a version of IFA different to 1.05 or 1.12.

As such it is unable to apply the delta patches.

In short remove ALL IFA related modfolders (see wiki) and start over.

;2793693']@ Nikiforos

I don't get why you don't seem to read my responses to your earlier questions' date='

nor you seem to be willing to read the docu provided. [b']Why?[/b] :confused:

I always get this message whatever I do

addon aia core if requires aia core

Ok sorry I will not bother you again.

Edited by Nikiforos

;2793693']@ JMDECC

It seems you did have a version of IFA different to 1.05 or 1.12.

As such it is unable to apply the delta patches.

In short remove ALL IFA related modfolders (see wiki) and start over.

Okay have done that. Relaunched PW6. Go to activate collection, run as admin, then it says "need to update game, this make take a few minutes". I hit okay. PW6 becomes unresponsive in that I can't open the window, can't maximize it, click any buttons anything. Task Manager says that it is running and no issues so I'm assuming it is just taking a really long time to install? It has been 45 minutes. Just trying to figure out if I am wasting time and there is some error or if things are indeed running smoothly....

@ JMDECC

Go to activate collection, run as admin

Sorry don't quite what you mean with that.

PW6 becomes unresponsive in that I can't open the window, can't maximize it, click any buttons anything

This doesn't sound normal - submit your PWS logs to the PWS support section.

it is just taking a really long time to install? It has been 45 minutes

The download of patches, conversion and applying patches can take quite a while.

You can follow the progress if you enlarge the download window in the bottom left.

Got it to work with PW6. Have to run it with AiA, though only CBA is listed as a dependency for @IFA3.

@ smallhill

Did you use one of the shared collections I made?

I'm not sure, I had it working a few months ago with PWS but recently it stop working. Today I removed the IFA folder from my documents and relaunched my PWS IFA collection (which includes AiA) it installed and launched the mod with no problems.

@ smallhill

I've removed the dependencies in PWS to AiA, to allow people to choose which AiA version

they want to use (AiA merge, AiA SA, AiA SA LITE, IFA3SA, IFA3SA LITE).

If you make a collection yourself with IFA3M and one of the above, you are good too. :)