.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

I haven't been following this thread so apologies if this was already mentioned.

Us units are arma 3 Blufor models. Is this normal as it's wip?

Also, Will the conversion tool be changed to put the IF mod directly into Arma 3 one day?

#1 yes it's still wip, and #2 you'll have to wait until the standalone version of AiA is done.

Why do i need to install ALL the armas? How annoying

you dont need to, either you just relinquish to be able to play all these spectacular and vast content that has been put huuuge amount of unpayed work into or you create your own content that is ridiculously versatile and awesome or you wait untill, like stated, till All In Arma Standalone will be released.

tssssss

:rolleyes:

Why do i need to install ALL the armas? How annoying

Since no one can answer your question, my IFR team did most of the testing for the Arma2CO version of the conversion, and some

for the Arma3 version, but to answer your question the conversion requires Arma2CO because that is what you are creating a mod for,

when you convert your Iron Front to a mod, it will be for Arma2Co, and then with AIA you can play it in Arma3.

The conversion tool checks to see if you have a legit copy of Iron front, and a copy of OA, the conversion basically makes a copy of your

Iron front and then converts all the IFA files into pbo files, the pbo files are then put into a mod folder titled @IF which is now Iron front

as a mod for Arma2CO, and as said with AIA and the other downloads you can play in Arma3.

But the past year kju and my team have done a tremendous amount of work to get the conversion and patches available to the community,

enabling Iron front to be moddable as it should have been from the start.

Its worth it, especially with the new content being released for the mod, see my website which hosts all Iron front

missions, addons, mods, and scripts, also just got a new sound mod on there too recently, link in my sig for the Mission Repository.

#1 yes it's still wip, and #2 you'll have to wait until the standalone version of AiA is done.

That's fair but.. Does everyone also get Arma 3 characters for IF us army?

What's the point in SA-AiA? Most of Arma 2 is being properly ported into Arma 3 anyways. That same conversion process can be done to IF. Im sure PsychoPigeon would appreciate this method;)

@ Sant Six. YES well all get A3 units for US army. lol Its not finished yet. This is what Pulstar is trying to tell you. lol No worries I was a bit of a pest about this to becuassssse. I was so excited I didnt read everything through. Go to 1st page and read whole post and the links.. Its in there. ;)

Most of Arma 2 is being properly ported into Arma 3 anyways.

i doubt, that collecting a dozent single (and yet nonexistent) mods of unstandartized variying quality and compability, will make it somehow more reasonable to install.

Btw i installed the game manually, i had to focus my attention to a setup guide, that consited of 10 steps, and took 5 minutes, it was an almost unsurmountable challenge. :P

I mean, if you look at IFA3, you have substantial package of unique high quality content for arma3, right in front of you and we are talking about it before official DLC is even in sight.

It is a reasonable incentive and the semi-automatic installation process is not an obstacle at all.

One can look at it this way: once you made into the game, you know, everybody else passed a test that required to surpass the attention level of a 5 year old ;)

I can understand if someone doesnt have too much space left on his SSD etc but for a tiny minority of people it seems adequate to lament about voluntary work that nobody forces them to even pay attention to,

thats wrong on many levels, among them the assumption that its somehow unbearable to install... its not.

CAB7D77FF05D15E90639C8DE1D90B3BB399CEE14

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

So quick question.... I just bought iron front and I downloaded all in arma mod for arma 3 ...what do I do next to get this to work with arma 3 thanks

After obsessively playing this for most of the last couple of weeks (once again this shit is amazing, thanks kju and everyone involved!), I was testing a few of the AI augmentation mods to see which played best with the WW2 scenario. I have to say, bcombat works really really well. Tanks don't seem to run over troops anywhere near as often as with default AI or other mods I've tried, and the Infantry combat seems to flow pretty well.

I've made a huge combined arms mission which I was thinking of releasing on steam for people using this mod on A3, but it's currently destroying my PC so I need to try bring down the CPU overhead of the hundreds of units...

Once again, I can't wait till the US units are done. So much mission making fun in the editor!

Fabio_Chavez like you, I also do things manually. I like to know where things are. You have to ease off a bit. You're coming off strong there.

Why are you talking about installation?

Modders have converted the Arma 2 maps and units for Arma III without the need of AiA.

Im just saying cut out the middle man(A2/AiA) for IF as well. Nobody likes the middle man. (Unless you're the middle man of course)

for arma2CO BIS released the files for the community to port into arma3, IF is a whole diffrent game and there will be needed some kind of interface anyway (e.g. AiA standalone?), i guess the makers of the mod can explain their work better, so far it looks like they make any effort to make this as accessible as possible...

IF SA contains A2 data, hence IF needs A2 data.

There is no magic to make this dependency disappear.

This mod is fantastic, I can't express enough how significant it is to have such an awesome addition to our library of content.

As entertaining as it is to play D-Day with a whole army of modern men in boxer shorts...I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on some tasty WW2 Americans!

Cheers guys :D

Ok so I'm having some issues getting iron front to work with arma 3...I DL Play with six and DL the iron front modset then I ran conversion manually since SIX wouldnt and it took about 20 min then I hit play and it says It cant find oa/iron front what do I do to get this thing to work very frustrating to say the lest. Do I have to have arma 2 and OA to get this to work or what... Also the conversion did nothing I see no change to the files being pbos so what am I doing wrong the guide I used isnt working?

Do I have to have arma 2 and OA to get this to work or what...the guide I used isnt working?

"Setup guide for Arma 3 version

Short summary:

1. Have A2+OA+IF+A3 installed and patched to latest version"

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Setup_guide_for_Arma_3_version

anyway wait a few more days, there will be an update that will replace the need to have A2CO installed, sorry that you couldnt play meanwhile.

If anyone has any missions or mods for the Arma3 version of the conversion, my website hosts all missions and files for Iron front, link in my sig.

"Setup guide for Arma 3 version

Short summary:

1. Have A2+OA+IF+A3 installed and patched to latest version"

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Setup_guide_for_Arma_3_version

anyway wait a few more days, there will be an update that will replace the need to have A2CO installed, sorry that you couldnt play meanwhile.

So you said that this will not need A2co to be installed, but heres a question will it be easier to make this a Arma 3 mod and not have to convert things manually? Will this be on Play With Six? Also will there be a new sound mod for the iron front weapons since they are very weak? Is it possible to get arma 2 I44 to work with Arma 3 as a mod now or is that conversion not possible yet,and if so how do I do that I would love to see I44 in arma 3 thanks for you time.

will it be easier to make this a Arma 3 mod and not have to convert things manually?

Nice surprise to see this thread, finally getting this into Arma as just plain addons would be fantastic. I will buy IF if needs be, but even better would be to release all the addons as DLC (should have been released that way from the beginning). I understand the attraction of making a complete MOD, but with no modding and poor support it never really worked as far as I could see?

However having the entire suit of addons as DLC to be used in the full version of Arma 3 is easily worth the cost of the full MOD, without any of the drawbacks. I will buy IF just for this addition, but I would also buy the addons as DLC, if it means they are made easily available to all gamers.

Also will there be a new sound mod for the iron front weapons since they are very weak?

New sound mod on my site under addons and mods section but its for the Arma2Co version of the conversion not Arma3.

http://www.missionrepository.com/addons-mods-13

I will buy IF if needs be, but even better would be to release all the addons as DLC (should have been released that way from the beginning).

You really have no choice if you want to play Iron front as a mod in Arm2Co or Arma3, also its not realistic to release anything individually, theres to much to have to update.

Your not actually downloading a mod its a process that was setup this way back in 2012 when Kju first began working on the conversion project, its done this way because

Iron front is a standalone game, the conversion tool and v1.06 patch we had spent months on testing and updating for the conversion had to be approved by the publisher

of Iron front, so alot of this is out of our hands in terms of what we were allowed to do.

We couldn't simply just dissect Iron front and say we want to release after the game is converted to pbo addons for each faction, or each individual weapon in the game,

be it a infantry weapons, static gun, map, tank, or plane, as said thats not realistic its to much work to release and update each file individually, there are but 20-30 guys

that worked on these projects in the past year trying to get this mod released.

Your would still be waiting for the entire game to be released as individual files, consider too we have to edit these threads and link everything, that would be connected

to a host so you can download, one mod one file, is easier and faster, either way the intention of the projects here was to play Iron front as a mod in Arma2Co because

in Arma2Co you can only mod Iron front, you cannot mod the vanilla iron front.

...anyway wait a few more days, there will be an update that will replace the need to have A2CO installed, sorry that you couldnt play meanwhile.

Where's the info on this? I'm just finishing up re downloading ARMA OA again lol.

Should the campaign work in Arma2 CO? I get errors when I try to run it.