.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Gunter has been living and breathing IF for many months now period!!

It is understandable to get super frustrated when you get something that is not exactly advertised and breaks more than it was supposed to fix.

He does have the correct files now and will be releasing something in the very near future for all of us to enjoy.

On a side note, it appears BIS new patch 1.54 fixes the tanks that auto repair themselves when not fully destroyed. Tested using the new patch 1.14, 1.09 dlc and have to say I think IFA3 is back in business if this is in fact the case.

Exciting times ahead for IFA3!!!

Thanks again Gunter for all you hard work and persistence!!!

And a Hats Off to all those who have helped make IFA3 possible!!

EDIT:

Reinstalled IF mod in A3 to;

Iron Front A3 version: 1.10
Iron Front DLC version: 1.08
Iron Front version: 1.13

Tested again in SP and it looks like BIS latest patch 1.54.13blah blah... fixes some previous issues. We can now place mines, trip wires and throw grenades and the auto repairing tanks have also been fixed. Still missing sounds on mg42 and Thompson and tanks seem to still lack any real weight.

Rowdied---> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161011-iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-3/?p=2944083

read towards the end, i sent Scar all the files and hes working on fixing the bugs, i just got home from work and Scar isn't on, so this will be a waiting game, as we wait for him to get setup,

apply the patches, ect,. and then do the fixes, when he works he works pretty fast, so I dont want to say that the patch will be released today as I dont know what the situation is with Scar,

he might not have time to get to it today, or is still setting up his IFA3, as where hes at he dont have it on his computer, so i sent him the files for IFA3, and the patches,

but when i get word I will let you all know.

As far as the tanks not healing themselves thats good news, seems like that was as Jegor said a conflict between IF's scripts, and Arma3's setup.

All for now!

IFA3 Patches Update

Ok guys, Scar isn't finished yet with the fixes, so what I will do is release the patches anyways, so you all can enjoy it, the fix for the patch is still coming,

and I will keep you posted as to when its ready, for now head over to the IFA3 Patch release thread:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186272-ifa3-iron-front-liberation-1944-in-arma3-v114-patch/

and download the patches.

Please note, to follow the order of the patches as noted on the installation, install one at a time.

Also know that there are some bugs in the patch, mostly sound issues, please know and understand this, the list of what the bugs are, are also on the patch release thread.

They are currently being fixed by my partner, and the fix for that will be available soon.

Lastly for your guys info the @IFA3Fix is not needed anymore, something in A3's latest patch fixed something with IF, or a conflict, so IFA3 now starts up without it ;)

All for now!

The most important thing is that it was a misunderstanding and not a reality and you have reacted fast . As I said, you are a few monsters , you works slowly so that this does not stop, once a year does not hurt.

Mhhh I get an error when I try to update the mod with the .exe on my server (where I host the mods for my group)

This is the error:

Iron Front for Arma 3 Patch is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

Am I the only one here?

I just downloaded all the mods and files again. The Versions are: 1.10, 1.08 and 1.13

Edit: Could it be that the setup requires you to have the mod lying in the Arma 3 Folder? Because my don't. I launch it from another directory!

@Moon_chilD: the solution to this issue is in a tuto for IFA3 installation somewhere:

you need to extract the exe with 7z or winrar in your Arma3 root directory, then make a shortcut to the exe and add the parameter -incurrentfolder to it.

The  target (when you right click-> "property") should look  like this: "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.13-1.14.exe" -incurrentfolder

I also had to turn off my anti-virus (Avast) to be able to intall the patch.

Nope, I still get the same error. Don't know if it has something to do with the "" missing on target (Whenever I add them, they get deleted again). I'd wish I'd just had the files T^T

Edit:

Is it true that with the update only thise files are updated;

@if_other_addons -> addons -> lib_improved_explosions_effects.pbo

@ifa3m -> addons ->  lib_ger_infantry_a3
                                   lib_sov_characters_a3.pbo
                                   lib_tanks_a3.pbo
                                   lib_weapons_a3
                                   lib_weaponsmagazines_a3.pbo
                                   lib_wheeled_a3.pbo

@IF -> Addons -> lib_core.pbo

I got a bunch of errors while installing but these are the files I got when I have done it on my PC (On my server it is not possbile)!

(That was only IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.13-1.14.exe - Shortcut)

Edit2:

The DLC Patch gave me:

@LIB_DLC_1 -> Addons -> lib_dlc_core.pbo

And again some Errors while installing!

The new recoil is very good :bounce3:

a lot of sounds are far too quiet, especially in first person (e.g. all aircraft cannons are barely hearable) :936:

muzzle flash on stuka guns still not fixed :banghead:

Im so happy about the new fixes.

I have noticed one bug tho. Sorry if this is known already.

The "Pz Kpfw IV Ausf.H" tank has misplaced textures.

First of all i want to thank Gunther for your  work.

got IFA to work to the latest versions with no errors. but the game still crashes after 10 min of playing  no mather wat i play sp or mp please some one help.

​sorry for my bad engelish  

First of all i want to thank Gunther for your  work.

got IFA to work to the latest versions with no errors. but the game still crashes after 10 min of playing  no mather wat i play sp or mp please some one help.

​sorry for my bad engelish  

RPT Log?

Please use the v1.14 patch release thread----> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186272-ifa3-iron-front-liberation-1944-in-arma3-v114-patch/

for all reports, issues, questions, and problems with the patches, idk why you guys are reporting here when you downloaded the files from there

and the issues are specific to that thread, please post there!

@Moon_Child

Install the patches, to your own game, then upload your own game to the server, how i do it with my server and I dont get issues,

also like all mods IFA3 mods needs to be in your Arma3 directory, where the Arma3.exe is.

Make sure your IFA3 is versions:

before you apply the patches.

@Duvel777

1st update your Arma3 to latest version which is v1.54, according to your rpt your still on v1.52 of Arma3

2nd remove @IFA3Fix as its not needed when you run IFA3 now

3rd run IFA3 by itself not with IFA3WarMod

4th remove @if_other_addons you dont need it, its not required, and its just an explosions addon, if you are using my IFA3WarMod then that and my mod will conflict.

=====================

For everyone else use the 1.14 thread linked for reports ect,.

Lastly no word from Scar yet, as hes the one fixing the sound issues listed as Known bugs on the patch thread, so hopefully soon I will hear from him.

So they added new camo for the Germans, infantry and vehicle, how do i apply this? I can't find thenew  camo in either ammoboxes or on units.

Mods don't need to be in the Arma 3 Folder, just saying. I don't have any mod in my Arma 3 Folder. Still I have a f-ton of mods.

Anyway, I kinda managed to update my mods. I just got one error while doing that (something with mines or explosives not sure anymore) Everything worked fine this time.

Since my upload speed at home is really love that just takes so long.

Thats why I like to have everythig on my server. Anyway except this one file I have everything on my server. 

Now I'm kinda confused. I know I had the vehicle sounds for the American vehicles running once before that patch. Was it through WarMod? Or do I just remember wrong?

(As I said on my post, I was on the right version @.@)

Please use the v1.14 patch release thread----> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186272-ifa3-iron-front-liberation-1944-in-arma3-v114-patch/

for all reports, issues, questions, and problems with the patches, idk why you guys are reporting here when you downloaded the files from there

and the issues are specific to that thread, please post there!

@Moon_Child

Install the patches, to your own game, then upload your own game to the server, how i do it with my server and I dont get issues,

also like all mods IFA3 mods needs to be in your Arma3 directory, where the Arma3.exe is.

Make sure your IFA3 is versions:

before you apply the patches.

@Duvel777

1st update your Arma3 to latest version which is v1.54, according to your rpt your still on v1.52 of Arma3

2nd remove @IFA3Fix as its not needed when you run IFA3 now

3rd run IFA3 by itself not with IFA3WarMod

4th remove @if_other_addons you dont need it, its not required, and its just an explosions addon, if you are using my IFA3WarMod then that and my mod will conflict.

=====================

For everyone else use the 1.14 thread linked for reports ect,.

Lastly no word from Scar yet, as hes the one fixing the sound issues listed as Known bugs on the patch thread, so hopefully soon I will hear from him.

Gunter

thanks it worked. its still a bit buggy but its playable thanks a lot.

IFA3 Update

Guys if you can, if there are more bugs you have found, we may be able to fix them, i'm still waiting for my partner Scar to get on steam and see where

hes at with the current fixes I listed on the patch release thread 1st post.

Any more reports for the 1.14 patch please post them here----> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186272-ifa3-iron-front-liberation-1944-in-arma3-v114-patch/

So far i had compiled a list of what you have reported so far.

lastly again to note, the @IFA3Fix mod is no longer needed to run with IFA3 so delete it!

You applied the 1.14 patch correct?

The guns move because of a new inertia they have, the no sound and presuming your using either the mg42 or the Thompson, unless you found another gun that has no sound but refer

to my previous post and review the changelog and the bug list on the 1st post as well as my latest post on that thread, it will list issues you may be dealing with.

Never knew the US units lagged, and I play with them, i dont experience any lag but can you be more specific on what happens, are you on Omaha map when you get lag or another map,

you in combat or just messing around with groups in the editor?