.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Gunter, really good news! You keep the entire IF community alive. Thank you for your devotion to the cause and just that you are. I can not wait for release! Thank you!

• Like 2

Moon_child use this installation tutorial---> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161011-iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-3/page-61?p=2762915

I need to update the one on the MR, I had gone over with Haz about the storage ftp issue and I need to replace those links, sorry about that, one on my tutorial works np.

As far as 7zip, recommend using winrar and latest version as that is what the file was packed with, let me know if you have any further issues, and or send me a pm.

As for the others, thank you for your compliments, very much appreciated, being a major fan of IF myself since the beginning and since OFP Liberation 1941-45 mod back in the day

I take IF personally like I built it myself, so for those of you who are fans of IF i do what i can for you, for the community, I have alot of time on my hands, I spend most if not all

of my free time outside of my full time job to work on this, given i have 4-6 hrs everyday aside 10x more on the weekends :D to work on mods, projects, ect,. for IF.

As for the patch I will keep on it, dont worry, I do have the file on my computer its 377mb as i said, i dont tell fibs, i dont bs when it comes to IF I think i've proven myself enough since IF started,

anyways until i get word and I will check everyday, and the word is btw we are waiting for Kju to locate his finalized patch file which i believe is in an exe like the previous patches, and he

is supposed to tell Jegor who then will tell me and forward the file to me, so until then sit tight! :)

Good, I guess I have to be kinda sorry. With winrar it works. Its just odd I could unrar every file with 7zip but this. 
So maybe thats just an info for the other 7zip user! ^^"

Great news. Since I44 isn't that active IF'44 was a blessing. Can't wait for the fixed version!

I quote myself:

So for now we must wait til next week until I get word from Jegor, could be sooner idk, but until i get word that he got something from Kju that he found his file for the patch or its ok to release what I have.

The patch is not released yet, reread my original post on it to get a better idea of whats going on.

Welcome guys!

I have good news!!!

After a most recent conversation today on Skype, i was chatting with Jegor asking various questions heres the conversation:

[5:07:20 PM] Gunter  Severloh: Whats the word on Kju finding the file for the patch?

[5:11:08 PM] Jegor: he said he was short on time.. I think you should release what we have for now... But ill let you decide

[5:15:44 PM] Jegor: he will have time only next weekend
[5:15:52 PM] Jegor: so I don't see any point to wait

[5:16:12 PM] Jegor: he has it somewhere on his old external hdd's
[5:16:19 PM] Jegor: at least that's how I see it
[5:16:41 PM] Jegor: but I'm afraid that if we start to wait, it might take too long

============

So with that I did the following:

• i had checked the patch file,
  • updated the changelog and made it more readable,
  • added installation instructions readme
  • added requirements readme

the file is now uploaded on my Mega, and ready to release, here is the release thread for the patch, with all information, and download, please refer to that thread.

Why make a new thread? because the link will get lost in this thread with everyone so happy, and replying, :D

See the release patch thread here----->  https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186272-ifa3-iron-front-liberation-1944-in-arma3-v114-patch-available/

Awesome news, but its very sad that there is no fix on the Missing Vehicle and faulty weapon sounds. >,<

When they say that this is the last patch, does that mean that this mod is abandoned now?

Use linked thread for all questions regarding patch, took alot of time to do all this.

Mod' not necessarily abandoned as Shvetxz and Jegor and some others work on WOG (weekly open games) and i was told by Jegor after asking they have a pz2, and T26

they are working on for the group, as well as fixes, ect,. so theres a good chance he said that they will release their work there to public as a mod, not a patch.

Heres the pic of the T26 btw which he showed me today:

FA2a8pl.jpg

He said its almost finished, but me and Rowdied asked him a bunch of questions, for IFA2, and IFA3 and hes goign to ask Shvetz who does most of the work on IFA3 from what i understand,

so I will hear soon what situation is with what we asked which was in reference to new content, and access to unbinirzed models. ect,. so basically the ability to make our own tanks, ect. maybe idk

I think theres a possibility of IFA3 getting some more fixes, thats just my theory from what i understand of whats going on with WOG, WOG btw:

https://translate.google.com/translate?ie=UTF-8&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwogames.info%2Fforum%2F205-mwog-malye-igry%2F%3Fk%3D880ea6a14ea49e853634fbdc5015a024%26setlanguage%3D1%26langid%3D1

Dont waste your time with the patch, see my post on the release thread for reason why, also

DO NOT APPLY the patch WITHOUT BACKING UP YOUR @IF @IFA3 AND @IFA3M  files!  YOU BEEN WARNED!

edit.........

forget it Im yanking the file!

I will not support this garbage, it breaks your game!

Fortunately I did not download it :D. „Así es la Vidaâ€... but the main thing is that we still have the game and you Gunter.

IMO pretty rough words for someone's FREE work. It's one thing to state it's broken, it's the other to call it garbage.

Knowing how ArmA addonmaking looks like, someone overlooked one .pbo or hell, even one bracket in the code and bam, the patch is a disaster.

Things like that happen and IMO there's really no need to bash someone about it unless he purposely lie, or something like that, I guess?

get the patch elsewhere

You mean where? Weren't You the only guy who has access to it, currently?

Also, please - put the patch anywhere so other addonmakers could check the code and see what could be broken.

Other thing is - does earlier patches fixed missing sounds and recoils from pre-v1.24 A3 versions of IFA3? (as I've heard v1.24 broke IFA3)

If so - where \ what should I download, coz' I've been out from the loop for a while?

IMO pretty rough words for someone's FREE work. It's one thing to state it's broken, it's the other to call it garbage.

Knowing how ArmA addonmaking looks like, someone overlooked one .pbo or hell, even one bracket in the code and bam, the patch is a disaster.

Things like that happen and IMO there's really no need to bash someone about it unless he purposely lie, or something like that, I guess?

You mean where? Weren't You the only guy who has access to it, currently?

Also, please - put the patch anywhere so other addonmakers could check the code and see what could be broken.

Other thing is - does earlier patches fixed missing sounds and recoils from pre-v1.24 A3 versions of IFA3? (as I've heard v1.24 broke IFA3)

If so - where \ what should I download, coz' I've been out from the loop for a while?

Total over reaction here. And this is the way you make people even less keen on working on a project.

If he does not want to host it, I'll upload that patch to MEGA this evening. As long as no mod developer has anything against that!

I had the "Mod" before that patch too (Just recently got it). There was no recoil. Weapons like the Thompson where faulty and Vehicles (the us jeep and truck) had no sounds while driving. Very unfortunate!

If he does not want to host it, I'll upload that patch to MEGA this evening.
Would be grand, thanks.

Sorry guys for my comments.

I had two guys contact me, both were testers of the patch, the told me that I got the wrong file from Jegor.

Apparently whats in the changelog fixes alot of stuff, and the changelog has a few more things that i got info on from the two testers that were not on there.

Let me explain something, I spent since summer contacting the devs, asking about the patch, sending messages to them each, not getting a response, on a couple occasions

i had a small chat, but nothing, after setting up the patch thread, posting news, creating another thread on IF Fan forums, and of course failing to test the patch myself but only to assume

it was in working order as I had trusted the issues were fixed, you can see where my disappointment, and anger came from.

Today i got an exe of the official patch, that does work, and or the correct version rather.

Now the actual files I have is:

IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.13-1.14.exe

IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.08-1.09.exe

now just a warning to you all, that previous version I was hosting before, do not use it, its broke, its not the actual patch that I just acquired!

Before I upload, and release the patch I am going to do a test with it, i should have the new, and actual patch either today or tomorrow for sure.

All for now.

IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.13-1.14.exe

IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.08-1.09.exe

:pray:

Looking forward the patch now. My guys are kinda keen on playing the mod but at its state right now, the bugs are kinda annoying!

IFA3 Patch News

Alright guys heres the situation, after applying both patches, heres what i get, now i made a back up of my IFA3, but heres what i discovered:

• Version goes to 1.14
  • DLC version goes to 1.09

Most noticeable features

• grenades are fixed - you can throw grenades like normal now, no more that invisible wall you hit like before, and the grenade drops to the ground and blows up and kills you unless you get away, lol
  • grenades have new explosion sound
  • mines, satchels, detonators, AT mines, tripwires, all work, can be seen on the ground, can be placed, and do explode when set off
  • pistol sites are fixed now, they used to be off to the left where you couldn't aim the sites, now they are back to normal
  • all main guns (not pistols) have shell casings now, so when you shoot you see casings eject from gun, and actually land on ground and stay for within min
  • MG42, DP28, BAR all bipods work and deploy now
  • Bar has a new variant, a field version
  • Mosin nagant has 2 new gun varients Mosin Nagant M38 and M44
  • inertia for infantry weapons, so guns move different
  • all weapons have recoil now, main weapons, pistols,mg's
  • other stuff can be seen on changelog

So from my tests those points listed are what i noticed most, i tested all the infantry weapons, grenades, ect,.

Bugs:

Yes there are a few bugs here they are:

• MG42 has no sound, and sound comes after end of shot, hard to explain, basically no sound
  • Thompson is same issue as above
  • k98 has no rebolting sound
  • PPSH's have closure sounds (old bug)
  • grenades in mp lag because of shrapnel

Now my friend, and coder who helped me with my IFA3WarMod, is fixing these bugs i listed, he said they are easy fix.

So heres the plan:

My plan is to wait til my friend fixes these few bugs and yes all i noticed was those listed, as they are obvious, and once I get the fixed files from him,

I will apply the fix and then test, and confirm everything is ok. from there I will patch, upload, and post on the release thread i posted earlier, so you all can download it.

Requirements

Only requirements are to just for your sake is to back up your IFA3 files, also be sure that your IFA3 is latest,

so you want all 3 versions you see on bottom right of main menu to be this:

Iron Front A3 version: 1.10
Iron Front DLC version: 1.08
Iron Front version: 1.13

before applying the patches once they are available.

So when will the patch be released?

I will say either Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday, unless said otherwise thats the plan.

First: Can you kiss your friend from me? ;>

Second: Does he know about US Vehicle do not have driving sounds (the Truck and the Jeep). There might be more, but I have only noticed these.

Third: Is it intended that the Jeep (again, the only thing I tested) gets very slow off road? 

(Sorry if I repeat myself)

Anyway, I think I speak for everyone here: We appreciate your hard work.

I will have to travel to Argentine for kisses, lol

as for jeep driving slow i think thats intended, as for other 2 issues I believe we fixed the engine sounds in my IFA3WarMod.

My last post for today got to get to bed, so lets hope my buddy, his name is Scar btw was able to get to the fixes, he said he would tonight so, I will check before i leave for

work tonight and then if no word I will see for sure Wednesday when i get back home in the morning what situation is, til then. Soon! ;)

I okay, with all the IFA3 stuff I got now I thought I might already have that. 
I'll test that tomorrow. (Haven't slept for a day now @.@)

Looking so forward to it! :3

Gunter there are a lot of us who appreciate all the work you put into keeping this thing alive, sometimes frustration gets the best of all of us. 

THANK YOU!

We all can get frustrated in something we are passionate about, :D

Good news, and thanks Gunter and Friend for making this happen.

so much potential this mod has to offer...hint hint modders :X